• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader Fees

John of Enar

Adventurer
Trader fees in what, essentially, is a closed segmented geographic domain trading system is prohibitive. Just as an example, 2500 cost for a same tier trade of 5,000? The geographic domains for each player already severely limits a player's ability to trade and advance in the game. Adding a trading cost to it is like rubbing salt in a wound.

Maybe this issue has been brought up before. However, when you have open trading systems game providers give players unique trading and creative enterprise capabilities that accelerates game play and makes it more fun. Such acceleration also increases game spending on diamonds, etc and revenue for the designers.

Pauly7

Magus
Hmm, but you could argue that the ability to trade with those people outside of the scope of your discovered area is the bonus, albeit with a trading fee. If we complain about the fee they could just say you can no longer trade at all with these people.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I think the main purpose of the trading fee is to promote fellowships. You should have no trading problems for any member. Moreover, the more you advance in the game, the less impact the fee has. At some point all offers are without fee.

The current trading system is not prepared for global trading. The market for sentient goods shows this. Globalizing of the market for standard goods without a complete overhaul of the trader would be desastrous, IMHO.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Bees, as usual, are you friends, especially big ones:
bee.JPG

Once you have it after fairies, your trader fees will reduce, Portal will producer more, and wholesaler becomes a lot more affordable.

John of Enar

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies. It's good to know that there is some relief down the line. I've noticed there are sometimes gluts of a particular good and famines for others that seem to be system wide across FS. For example our FS is fairly balanced but we cant' get rid of scrolls, also - silk and plank are virtually non existent. We are not the only FS with that problem presently. Game balance/mechanics is perhaps another subject beyond the scope of this thread. However, i do suspect that if the system could support an open trader, it may be advantageous, providing more options to players. I am all for FS taking care of each other. In fact an open trading system might provide the ability for FS to adapt to some imbalances that can occur when members leave or join or game mechanics produce imbalances. A/Some high level player/s could procure trading goods needed for the rest of the FS. It might also support FS conglomerates and business partners. That would add an interesting dynamic. Those are two possible advantages of an open, global, trading system.

John of Enar

Adventurer
You have the Library sets to thank for that.
I just completed three costly upgrades in terms of population for my scroll MFS to level 19, but i am no longer using them. Can I ignore upgrading them in the future? Maybe I should start building planks, crystal and silk MFS? I can never get those in trades.

Pauly7

Magus
Can I ignore upgrading them in the future? Maybe I should start building planks, crystal and silk MFS? I can never get those in trades.
It's still not going to be worth producing non-boosted goods, but the Scrolls issue that the Library Set creates is a problem for the game. It gives a big disadvantage to anyone who has a Scrolls boost because they're so much harder to get rid of.

It's not ideal, but offering Scrolls at a discount is much better than producing non-boosted. If you aren't shifting your trades try offering 2200 scrolls for 2000 silk, or whatever you find works.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I just completed three costly upgrades in terms of population for my scroll MFS to level 19, but i am no longer using them. Can I ignore upgrading them in the future? Maybe I should start building planks, crystal and silk MFS? I can never get those in trades.
Pauly7 did answer you, so I'll just add numbers.
- Your boosted scrolls manufactory produces 7x the amount of goods of the regular scrolls manufactory (accumulated 500 scrolls relics = 700% production boost).
- That means that for each 4000 crystal or silk you would produce, you could have produced 28000 scrolls in the same space used.
- If you put those 28k scrolls on the market in the worst possible rate (1:4 I believe), you get 7k crystal or silk for your 28k scrolls. I do believe such a trade will be grabbed almost instantly. However, there is no need to go that low - I'd start with the ratio suggested by Pauly7 and add bigger bonus only when the trades get taken too slowly or not at all.
- In any case, I'd start thinking about switching to non-boosted manufactories only if all my trades were left hanging there no matter the ratio I offered.

Note1: The numbers chosen are just an example, they divide nicely by 4 and 7. It wouldn't be as nice with 1000. ;-)
Note2: Today I read short remark about people reducing the number of scrolls manufactories and increasing the number of their boosted T1 and T3 manufactories to cross-trade for crystal and silk. That's an interesting approach and it might be quite efficient.
Note3: Yes, I know, even the non-boosted manufactories can be somewhat boosted. The Mountain Hall wonder boosts production of all manufactories. However the maximum (level 35) boost is 284%, meaning scrolls and silk will give you 2,84x the amount of goods and scrolls will give you 9,84x the amount of goods (700% + 284%). That reduces the difference, but you need few tens of thousands KPs and a lot of goods to get there.
Note4: Until the Library set was introduced, there was shortage of scrolls on the market all the time. However in my opinion the current (opposite) situation is even worse!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Bees, as usual, are you friends, especially big ones:
View attachment 4379

Once you have it after fairies, your trader fees will reduce, Portal will producer more, and wholesaler becomes a lot more affordable.

By the time you can build this building most likely you have no trader fee anyway, it's the most useless power ever.
I believe with your closest neigbours, (not sure about the exact number) but lest suffice you'll bou running out of those people soon enough.

Gargon667

Mentor
I have neglected my Bees for over a year now, but if chapter 16 needs so many productions that are non PP, they might become useful again after all? The wholesaler bonus is not the worst of all secondary effects, but of course no reason to build the AW by itself... The trader fee thing is of course silly, but since that is only it´s third effect (most AWs have only 2) who cares...

AstralSoul

Illusionist
By the time you can build this building most likely you have no trader fee anyway, it's the most useless power ever.
I believe with your closest neigbours, (not sure about the exact number) but lest suffice you'll bou running out of those people soon enough.

Correct, its boosts to your boosted RSS, and your portal, plus a cheaper wholesaler with a lot of exceed gold to burn makes if powerful tho, but no more than those Needles. I am in woodelves, and leveling up (adding KPs) for Needles to level 28 :D

Gargon667

Mentor
Correct, its boosts to your boosted RSS, and your portal, plus a cheaper wholesaler with a lot of exceed gold to burn makes if powerful tho, but no more than those Needles. I am in woodelves, and leveling up (adding KPs) for Needles to level 28 :D
Woodelves is a great chapter! I spent about 6 month in Woodelves before I started playing the actual guest race, but of course with the barracks upgrade. Makes tourneys much more fun! I used the time to build up all my early AWs. Needles 30, MM26, Shrooms21, PTowers16, GA26, MH21. Then I moved on and never had to invest in those AWs again, but could always focus on 1 or 2 new AWs coming along. Never regretted that time :)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Woodelves is a great chapter! I spent about 6 month in Woodelves before I started playing the actual guest race, but of course with the barracks upgrade. Makes tourneys much more fun! I used the time to build up all my early AWs. Needles 30, MM26, Shrooms21, PTowers16, GA26, MH21. Then I moved on and never had to invest in those AWs again, but could always focus on 1 or 2 new AWs coming along. Never regretted that time :)

Wow, that is nice, there are more patient people like me, weird. Yeah, I am waiting for at least until I finish my needles. I am right to research woodelven's SS then AW. So, I am stalling too for now. I was considering MM as next one, how worth is it that 30% max. As soon as I change chapter also the Spire will start asking for mana so I am stalling due to that also (always climb it). Not sure how harder will become if I advanced, but maybe I stall a bit more.

I've been two months so far in Woodelves, Needles about to work level 29. Others are level 7 (MM, SSS, HF, BTG, MH, GA, DB), and the less interesting ones, level 6.

(Btw, BTG does not boost your boosted, that's Mountain Halls, I was mixing the two haha.)

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
Wow, that is nice, there are more patient people like me, weird. Yeah, I am waiting for at least until I finish my needles. I am right to research woodelven's SS then AW. So, I am stalling too for now. I was considering MM as next one, how worth is it that 30% max. As soon as I change chapter also the Spire will start asking for mana so I am stalling due to that also (always climb it). Not sure how harder will become if I advanced, but maybe I stall a bit more.

I've been two months so far in Woodelves, Needles about to work level 29. Others are level 7 (MM, SSS, HF, BTG, MH, GA, DB), and the less interesting ones, level 6.

(Btw, BTG does not boost your boosted, that's Mountain Halls, I was mixing the two haha.)

The MM is just as important or even more so than the Needles. The only problem is, it needs a LOT more KP to upgrade. That is why I stopped at 26, but eventually I will get it to 30 as well. The other AWs are not that crucial, but they do make the game much easier...