• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader Trade T4&T5 in wholesaler for Spell Fragments

• Thread starter Deleted User - 341074
  • Start date

Deleted User - 341074

Summary:
Spend T4&T5 in the wholesaler to buy spell fragments

Description:
A tab in the wholesaler where you can buy Spell Fragments for the T4&T5 that are not your boost.
WholeSF.png

Motivation:
1. Between chapters there is really not much incentive to run your T4 or T5 factories. The only real use is to push other accounts (like fellows)
2. This should also increase the trades available as it will bring cities that are at the end of the tech tree back into the market.

Possible Downsides:
I'm sure we'll think of something

DeletedUser5976

It is a good idea for cities on those chapters, but it also increases the gap between older and younger cities in the ability of being able to get spell fragments. Younger cities have very little buildings in inventory and spells they can disenchant to gain the fragments. It would be nice if they also got another way of getting fragments.

Sir Derf

Adept
What possible way could there be to increase young city spell fragment productivity that wouldn't be equally if not overwhelmingly biased for older cities?

Deleted User - 341074

I kinda see crafting as an end-game feature. I mean there isn't much point in disenchanting a bunch of stuff and using it to craft new buildings that become obsolete in a few weeks when you change chapters. Maybe a quick boost if you do it right after an advanced scouts tech, but that only makes the chapter go even faster.

DeletedUser2437

I offered a similar idea for using sentient goods for KP, but I would be happy with this as well.
T4&5 and eventually 6 need some purpose to keep us creating and trading it.
I have fellows working through the chapters still so i cant in good conscience stop producing them entirely much less sell the buildings. But I also always have way to much of them on hand going to waste and I hate that! Most of the trades I see for them are zero star these days, trades between finished players to help their developing fellows. I feel really bad for the ones who don't have an endgame fellowship.

Deleted User - 341074

I have fellows working through the chapters still so i cant in good conscience stop producing them entirely
The problem with T5 is that you need so very little of it. I used maybe a dozen MM spells in the amuni chapter, and did the whole thing with 1 level 24 T5.
I never had any issues or got stuck because of T5 (except on live the first few days because no one else on my server had a factory yet)

So if we keep our T5 to feed to our fellows, unless we cover 100% of their needs, then they must build at least 1 level 24 factory anyways, in which case they don't need us at all.:confused: At best our help might save them 4-5 MM spells and a day or 2 for the whole chapter.
I offered a similar idea for using sentient goods for KP, but I would be happy with this as well.
That would work for me. Could work together too, I don't think there's a reason why the wholesaler can't offer both.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
The problem with T5 is that you need so very little of it. I used maybe a dozen MM spells in the amuni chapter, and did the whole thing with 1 level 24 T5.
I never had any issues or got stuck because of T5 (except on live the first few days because no one else on my server had a factory yet)

So if we keep our T5 to feed to our fellows, unless we cover 100% of their needs, then they must build at least 1 level 24 factory anyways, in which case they don't need us at all.:confused: At best our help might save them 4-5 MM spells and a day or 2 for the whole chapter.

That would work for me. Could work together too, I don't think there's a reason why the wholesaler can't offer both.

Need very little?
I used like 2m T5 goods, thou most of it went into upgrading the factories.

I like the idea, but not the numbers.
5000 t5 for 10 spell fragments is not something I would spend my t5 at.

I do agree that there need to be another reason for T5 to exist. and not be some creepy one like negotiation cost or something like it.
Right now a T5 factory gives me a net revenue of +-1000 goods, eventually I get tired of helping other people and will just replace it for a proper regular factory.

So an incentive to keep it around and running forever would be very welcome.

Deleted User - 341074

Need very little?
I used like 2m T5 goods, thou most of it went into upgrading the factories.
I think it should have been about 1m, not 2m if I'm not mistaken.
The chapter only asked for something like 160K If you have 20 factory upgrades, that's not normal.;)
In fact...your NL city doesn't seem very normal at all... is the dutch server one of those where having all max level AWs is normal? If so, then your needs will never be normal compared to the vast majority of players.:)
I like the idea, but not the numbers.
5000 t5 for 10 spell fragments is not something I would spend my t5 at.
A player with just a single level 25 T4&5 can make about 40K sentients a day, 60K with a spell
That's enough SF to buy a temporary Military building every week.
How many do you think would be fair?

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I think it should have been about 1m, not 2m if I'm not mistaken.
The chapter only asked for something like 160K If you have 20 factory upgrades, that's not normal.;)
In fact...your NL city doesn't seem very normal at all... is the dutch server one of those where having all max level AWs is normal? If so, then your needs will never be normal compared to the vast majority of players.:)

A player with just a single level 25 T4&5 can make about 40K sentients a day, 60K with a spell
That's enough SF to buy a temporary Military building every week.
How many do you think would be fair?
Each Factoy cost 154.4K of T5 goods to upgrade. Since I have got 10 T2 and 1 T5 factory thats already 1.7m

Yes my city is wonderheavy but the amount of factories arent the key to that. it's those magical gardens that will soon be at full strength again hopefully.

Dutch server has been een push fest unfortunatly, but these day's you can compete in a legal way with them. the pushing is less extreme now but still happens. last tournament there were once again 2 push fellowships that made 10 chests.

But ther is a legal way to compete with them now, since the KP upgrade on wonders it's very easy to earn thousands of KP a week by manually tracking them.
Unlike on FoE there is no API tracking wonders so there is little competition, downside it takes a magnitude of time to track those wonders.
Fortunatly you can share the load with your fellow guildmates as you need them anyway to fill those wonders up.

Deleted User - 341074

Yes my city is wonderheavy but the amount of factories arent the key to that.
Sorry, I was unclear.
The reason you needed so much T5 is because you have so many T2 factories.
The only reason you can have so many factories is because of your ancient wonders.

A normal player without max level Mountainhalls, Golden Abyss, EE,PT,ToS simply doesn't have room fpr 10xT2, and therefore would never need as much T5 as you did. e.g. Your GA and MtH alone are giving you over 80,000 pop :eek:saving you over 17 expansions of residence space.

Even in your very special case, your T5 is now useless since your upgrades are done and no new chapter is open. I would think that getting spell fragments to buy a military building would be perfect for you since you are a 6,000 point tournament player.

Did you have other numbers for the sentient goods to Spell Fragments ratio?

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I haven't put much thought for the actual ratio, but I know this one ain't worth the effort.

The difference between T5 (3500) and a regular factory (7800, 2700 scrolls for the production and 5098 T2 I would have regulary made) is huge.

so 10 spell fragments have a pricetag of +-11150 T2.

When compared to for example a MM spell that returns at a lvl 5 academy gives 120 spell fragments.
then 1 MM spell would be worth 134K T2.

There are much more factors to consider because if the price it's to low people will spamm it because it's easy, if it to high no on will use.
It at least has to be a number that makes sense, where you "feel" you get value for your money, no matter if that would be the case or not.

Put it agains the wishing well, 10 diamonds? meh not worth it, 25 Diamonds, YAY defenitly worth it.