• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other 'Trade Only' Support

Solstice

Novice
Support Aspect ..
In recent 2020 Phoenix Event, you gave support to those who goal for a 'Trade Only Elvenar World' by providing the alternate choice of gaining Supplies when army stuff appeared in Quest Line.
I was delighted.
Sadly didn't last. Eventually fight and win or train happened. I stopped at that point.

I hope you will continue to support .. and .. improve that support, for folk like myself who don't want fighting and armies as part of their Elvenar World.
I have been very encouraged discovering long-term players who have built their Worlds as 'Trade Only Worlds'.

Suggestion Aspect ..
If you do decide to continue supporting, and improving that support, for folk like me creating 'Trade Only Elvenar Worlds' ..
.. would it be possible to also enable removing the Barracks?
.. with the option of replacing it, if, like some I've read, have changed their mind in later Chapters?

I'm presuming, upgrading the Armory when needed for the Orcs, can happen without Barracks present.

I only added a Barracks to be able to partake in Events, then only trained, otherwise do nothing with it between them. I was disappointed couldn't remove it.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
It would be interesting to see a world where trading was as viable an option on Elvenar as fighting. They are a long long way from achieving this, though. They would have to make a concerted effort to buff goods based options at the expense of fighting ones and this would antagonise the now overwhelming majority who are set up to fight... So it isn't easy.

I don't see why people shouldn't be able to delete their barracks, though, if that is what they want to do to give more space to goods production options. The problem now, though, is troop instants. What would happen if you won one of those and tried to use it, but there wasn't a barracks to deposit the troops into?

Solstice

Novice
@Pauly7 .. I avoided the new troop instants until discovered they went into Inventory and I could exchange them for Spell Fragments .. then they were most beneficial.

I agree with you about the fighting aspect, so much info about that and focus on it, but, I have been fortunate in also finding info about just Trading/Negotiating .. those rare moments are very helpful.

I also have been privileged to see a landscape that had no Barracks or Armory, very beautiful .. was at Orc & Goblin Chapter. I wondered what would happen .. there now is a Barracks and Armory .. sad.

Thank you for your input, very appreciated

Last edited:

Solstice

Novice
☺ .. huge smile from me .. I was titled 'Novice' .. noticed now I am titled 'Dreamer' .. like that lots

Deleted User - 2044766

Would be nice! Then we could have a mix of towns: those strong in armies & those strong in trades:)

Sir Derf

Adept
While I understand people desirous of focusing their gameplay one way or the other, I do wonder why these people think they should be able to focus exclusively in either direction?

Having said that, would being able to teleport Barracks, Traders, Magic Academy work for you?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I do wonder why these people think they should be able to focus exclusively in either direction?
description.jpg

The last paragraph says exactly this.

It would be nice if traders and fighters would finally have a more equal chance to succeed in the game. Why Barracks and Magic Academy cannot be sold is beyond me too (although I would keep them anyway).

Sir Derf

Adept
The last paragraph does not say exactly that.
You can infer it implies that. I can suggest that there are additional ways to read that.

Becoming a skilled and well-known trader does not preclude the odd border scuffle.
Refining your producing art allows one to attend the odd flea market.
Leading your troops to victory does allow you to dally with the odd recreational hobby.

DeletedUser3571

i agree that while doing both should be the best option, but doing either one should give similar results. this is not currently the case as you get far more by fighting then negotiation.

Pauly7

Magus
The balance is definitely off and always has been. I agree that people should have at least an element of both, but it would be nice to see if someone put all their resources into goods production and trading then they would be rewarded in a way that they could not be if they were concentrating on fighting.

Here's what I'd like to see - An event with two grand prizes. You have to pick one or the other and can only win one (none of this rewarding the diamond spenders allowing them to get both). One of the two could be a really good military building, equivalent to Fire Phoenix or Brown Bear. The other one would be a goods producer as good as the whole Carnival set combined.

However, even if they did as I suggest it still wouldn't necessarily work. The fighters may pick the goods building in order to lose other manufactories and make space for more armouries and military wonders.

The only way to really sort this out would be to send people along two completely separate progress paths. Not only that, but the game mechanics would need to be overhauled. Perhaps that would be as simple as adjusting the negotiation costs.

Sir Derf

Adept
And this is why there will always be complaints. No good deed goes unpunished.

The fighters may pick the goods building in order to lose other manufactories and make space for more armouries and military wonders.

Give a good fighting building. Good for fighters.
Give a good production building. Still good for fighters.

And, I assume the reverse would also be true.

Give a good production building. Good for traders.
Give a good fighting building. Still good for negotiators.

No matter what you do, you can see it being bad, or described in a negative light.

Or, you could look at it by thinking "A rising tide lifts all boats." Everything is connected.

Whatever I get, if it improves on some aspect of my city, it can benefit me in my chosen goals.

At which point, we could also see people praising any of these offerings.

*Sitting back in my chair, waiting for the positive feedback*

Pauly7

Magus
You're right on all points. The only way to balance things more is to make the goods actually more worthwhile in comparison to what the equivalent number of troops achieves.