• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Tourney related Event Quests

Sir Derf

Adept
Hey INNO, how's about you stop scheduling Time-Locked Quests that ask for solving Tournament Encounters from unlocking on a Sunday, a day when there are no Tourney's running. Especially one that's near the end of the Event. Right now, the Event has 56 hours to go, and the next Tourney doesn't start for 40 hours.

Check your metrics after the event... How many players wait two days before completing this quest, versus how many that do the alternative?

Oh, and don't try shifting it to a Saturday or a Monday, either

Sir Derf

Adept
I can only barely sympathize for the high chapter players, but that's a personal choice - If they were willing to scout further, they would have more provinces to complete. I understand their reasons, but its still a choice.

I can stronger sympathize with the low-chapter players for whom negotiations or fighting is a highly expensive case.

I really feel for those who have hit the Orc Wall with no more available provinces, who literally can't scout out for days, maybe weeks, maybe months.

But INNO has no control over any of that. At any moment, there will be players in each of the above positions. There's no better time to place a "finish a province" quest that will inconvenience fewer people.

But, Tourney timing is fixed and universal for all players. It's not like Tourneys have varying start dates for different Fellowships. It's not like players can individually schedule when they run. No, Tourneys are finished by Sunday (based on my Time Zone) for everyone. Tourneys start on Tuesdays for everyone. This quest unlocks at a time when no one can complete this option for at least 40 hour. Scheduling this Quest to unlock on this day is all on them.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
It's not a problem if you keep your scout working and leave some provinces at 7/8 complete for just such an emergency.
I try to leave a few like that and they come in handy.
I found out what happens with scouting - when you hit the 18/19 circle out from your city, the scouted provinces on the edges of your map don't stay scouted.
They eventually become re-scoutable so you never really bite into the 21st ring outward.
Just keep scouting forever.
Mine takes something like 6 days 13 hours now but I always start a new scout soon as one finishes.

SkyRider99

Mentor
that happens to be "finish a province" which I know is an issue for some high chapter players.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

SECOND YORKSHIREMAN:
Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

FOURTH YORKSHIREMAN:
Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
And you try and tell the young people of today that ... they won't believe you!

Monty Python's Flying Circus -
"Four Yorkshiremen"