• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other Tourney Prize idea

DeletedUser7950

I’m a noob compared most of you experienced players but by luck and family ties I’ve joined to a straight 10 chest FS since chapter 2. We all know that after 40k points there are no additional incentives for players but there is a sweet competition going on in our server to get the top spot for tourneys. How about giving little incentives to the FSs competing in Tourneys. My suggestion is for the 1st FS give 1UUU,1MMM and 1 ELR building to each member, for 2nd spot 2 of those 3 buildings and for 3rd spot 1of those 3 buildings. Not significant to have an effect on server economy and disturb non tourney players , but a little push for those who like to compete.

I’d like to hear about your opinions.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
I’m a noob compared most of you experienced players but by luck and family ties I’ve joined to a straight 10 chest FS since chapter 2. We all know that after 40k points there are no additional incentives for players but there is a sweet competition going on in our server to get the top spot for tourneys. How about giving little incentives to the FSs competing in Tourneys. My suggestion is for the 1st FS give 1UUU,1MMM and 1 ELR building to each member, for 2nd spot 2 of those 3 buildings and for 3rd spot 1of those 3 buildings. Not significant to have an effect on server economy and disturb non tourney players , but a little push for those who like to compete.

I’d like to hear about your opinions.
I'm on the same server as you and no idea what server competition you are talking about... also, why would there need to be incentives for players once the 40k tournament points for 10 chests has been reached?

Most FS's take part in tournaments, some go for the 10 chests, some take part and some aren't that interest but do a bit. The incentives for players to take part in tournaments are the rewards they get both individually and as a FS activity. Tournaments take place every week and it would be total overkill to reward the highest scoring FS, especially as we currently have an endless stream of events with prizes, the FA is also coming and so again something else with rewards, not to mention the spire as and when.

Pauly7

Magus
Several different versions of the suggestion to reward even higher tournament scores come around every once in a while and I will still feel that achieving the 10th chest should be enough. The moment extra rewards are given (or an 11th chest, which is the most common request) just forces people to try to attain the extra goals. Once everyone is pushed further out of their comfort zones in pursuit of the extra rewards then it detracts some from other elements of the game and it will become more of a chore for some players being pushed to achieve more by their AMs.

I don't think tournaments were ever intended to show a leaderboard of fellowships, even though you can see that on Elvenstats. However, if you all want to push way beyond 40k then the rewards are already there in the form of all the extra KPs, spells, etc, that you are each receiving for completing more provinces.

DeletedUser7950

@Piglets For All ;

If you check Elvenstats the you’ll probably see about little competition I guess. I’m not mentioning a real sports like competition but competing with yourself and in the meantime keeping an eye on other FS scores to see how they are doing in a Tourney. Look at the top 10 or more FS and see how many of those passing way beyond 40k. As I’ve said, my suggestion is only giving a few troop buildings which will expire in 5 days. So, nothing big, permanent, unfair or make non tourney players feel bad about not playing tourneys.

I’m not saying this will benefit to all but this game has many aspects and attracts lots of different people. Some like to do FAs some don’t but there are additional incentives for FAs after you get all prizes right? Top 100 FS gets a prize according their position in the score table , why not similar approach for Tourneys?

But judging by your response it looks like that you are also against FA score table prizes because FA prizes should be enough. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Also, isn’t that weird FSs are competing with each other in an event named Adventure but not competing in an event named Tournament. English is not my native language but I really understand which word means competition. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
In my opinion giving out extra rewards, like you suggest is just a kick in the teeth for the rest of us trying hard to get the odd 10 chest.
No offense meant, but your suggestions of the military boost buildings would make the game even more elitist for the best fellowships.
Some of us play to enjoy the game, and together achieve 10 chests on occasion. :)

Pauly7

Magus
FA is not the same because Inno designed that as a competition between fellowships and they created the leaderboard accordingly. We all knew that was the case from the start. The game devs have no involvement in the stats that Elvenstats creates.

DeletedUser7950

FA is not the same because Inno designed that as a competition between fellowships and they created the leaderboard accordingly. We all knew that was the case from the start. The game devs have no involvement in the stats that Elvenstats creates.

So does that mean everything about Tournaments are written on stone and cannot be changed? What I’m suggesting is basically a change with little rewards.

Another suggestion might be switching names of the events , how about Fellowship Tournament and Relic Adventure :)

m4rt1n

Adept
I do admire your enthusiasm @AGEof68 for your suggestion, but in my opinion it would only benefit players who already get a huge amount out of the game.

What about everyone else?
Do they give up playing because the top fellowships not only get all the benefits but more on top.

If I were new and this were introduced, personally I would just look for another game to spend my free time on.

As a long time player, more gifts to the top fellowships in my opinion would mean fellows of mine giving up as well, maybe including myself.

Can you please just be happy you got lucky and do well in the game. :)

Last edited:

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
We all know that after 40k points there are no additional incentives for players but there is a sweet competition going on in our server to get the top spot for tourneys.

If there is already a competition going on, then there seems to be enough incentive? :confused:

my suggestion is only giving a few troop buildings which will expire in 5 days. So, nothing big, permanent, unfair or make non tourney players feel bad about not playing tourneys.

You suggest to give out the most valuable buildings for tournament players. 75 of these for the top FS in tournament! To me this is really big, it's not like you asked for frozen flames...

The tournaments are great IMHO. This change will probably make them worse.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3571

Despite being a member of the same FS as Age, I have to agree that giving away the most valuable buildings for tournament players would make a big difference
(if our fs could place top in 3/9, with out any other top placement i could go big on another tournament per rotation, getting me more kp and other prizes which would likely end up with our fs getting more of the top placement. a downward spiral until no one else tries and lots more get discouraged.)

Also there are only a couple of other fs that could fight it out for the top spots, most likely the same 3 or 4 getting the prizes each time

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Since almost everyone except the OP is against this idea then you must all think that before the introduction of the fire phoenix 10 chests was too hard a target. Tourney scores have increased dramatically since its introduction, imo it is way too high powered. What about the effects on those players who didn't realise how powerful it was/ were away on holiday during the phoenix event / started playing after it was given away? Basically, without a fire phoenix you can't regularly compete week in week out for the top 10 (saving up for a once in a while blow out is always still an option, you just need to save up for longer now).

I'd like something extra for getting more than 40k points, but I think giving prizes that make it easier for the top FSes to win again next week would be a bad idea. Maybe FS ranking points like the top spots in the FA.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
Since almost everyone except the OP is against this idea then you must all think that before the introduction of the fire phoenix 10 chests was too hard a target. Tourney scores have increased dramatically since its introduction, imo it is way too high powered. What about the effects on those players who didn't realise how powerful it was/ were away on holiday during the phoenix event / started playing after it was given away? Basically, without a fire phoenix you can't regularly compete week in week out for the top 10 (saving up for a once in a while blow out is always still an option, you just need to save up for longer now).

I'd like something extra for getting more than 40k points, but I think giving prizes that make it easier for the top FSes to win again next week would be a bad idea. Maybe FS ranking points like the top spots in the FA.
Actually, you're wrong about only being able to get top scores if you have the fire phoenix, my city on Beta has nothing to enhance fighting other than the barracks and 3 armories - no AWs, no training grounds or mercenary camps and is currently in the top 20 after just 2 rounds of the tournament - I use goods, and once or twice a week use pet food just the once (for the overnight collection and the next one). Fighting isn't the only way to get good scores and with a city built on goods production I go into every tournament with 500k+ of all goods types plus the few troops I produce between one week and the next.

I agree with what others are saying that the reward of getting the chests we currently do should be enough and not continually getting a reward which might not be appropriate for all those who are participating in tournaments.

The ranking of the FS in tournaments is only shown on Elven Stats and not on Elvenar itself, whereas the FA are ranked on Elvenar... Elven Stats is not owned by Innogames and is an outside resource which we can use if we wish, same as Elven Architect.

@AGEof68 Until the recent improvement of quests for the Fellowship Adventures I didn't particularly enjoy them - all that endless clicking for very little reward, and as an AM x2 it became somewhat of a thankless task because of the inefficiencies of the Elvenar communications (such as no mail on mobile). If some people want to demolish half their cities to "be the best" then let them, I'd rather just potter along slowly, enjoying the game in all its formats and doing as much or as little as suits me best.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Top 20 after 2 rounds doesn't mean anything I'm afraid, its where you finish that counts. On Sunday, look at the top 10 players cities, and see how many don't have a fully leveled fire phoenix. On my server its zero, and has been zero since it was introduced many weeks ago. Perhaps you might find one out of 10 don't have it on your server, perhaps it will be zero just like mine.

Winning scores have jumped from 5-10k to 9-15k since its introduction. Getting 10 chests has also become a whole lot easier therefore too.

My point is, where do people feel the right balance is on 10 chest difficulty? I think its futile to disagree that it has a got a lot easier since the introduction of the fire phoenix, it just has. But maybe the majority of folks want it to be a lot easier?

Last edited:

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The ranking of the FS in tournaments is only shown on Elven Stats and not on Elvenar itself

True, and there is already some ranking in the tournament, for the individual players. And there are rewards for the top 100. Maybe the easiest solution would be to ask elvenstats not to publish FS scores for tournaments.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3571

First I didn't think it was to hard to get 10 chests before the phoenix, but i do agree that it's easier now for those that have it.

the other thing you have to take into account is that the Spire will turn up in live sometime. And you need a lot of troops for it I've heard. so that will bring scores down as people prioritise their resources.

DeletedUser7950

Basically everybody opposing the idea is saying it will not fit their play style. I was expecting some constructive criticism at least but I was definitely wrong. At the end @RainbowElvira went to the point that Tournament scores should not be published at all. After that all I can say is why any types of scores should be published. Why we need player rankings or FS rankings at all? Remove all the rankings and we all hold hands and sing Kumbaya together.

I know that Elvenstats has nothing to do with Inno but it is Inno who provides the interface for Elvenstats to get all the information. In that case shutting down the interface will be much effective. So no data will go outside nothing to compare, nothing to worry and we all play happily ever after.

@pompeywolf :
Despite being a member of same FS I completely disagree with you. Tournaments are not all about fighting, catering is also a huge part. One or two troop buildings will not make a huge difference, 90% percent of all Tournaments I play, I play without a single Troop building , especially after Fire Phoenix introduced and so does most of our members. But when we deploy troop buildings we usually deploy a bunch of those.

Finally no one mentioning or against the fact that if you invest hard currency then with diamonds you can roll a lot in crafting until you get lots of troop buildings. But everybody thinks it will be unfair to those not getting 10 chests yet if they choose to do so they can easily achieve by changing their play style. So player preferences directly affects Tournament or FA scores but if your play style is for FA getting additional incentives are OK, but if you choose to be Tournament player that's no go. There is a word for that in the dictionary.

Anyway, I'm retracting my suggestion completely. Thank you all for reminding once more why forums are here for.

DeletedUser5976

Hmm, how about something totally symbolic, like an 11th chest that contains a star or something like that, you can place under your avatar, somewhere in the outskirts of your city or on the homepage of the FS? Or a 1 square culture building, depicting something to do with tournaments?

DeletedUser3571

I'm all for extra incentive to do more in tournaments,

BUT I understand other people’s viewpoint

Say there are 20 fs that are getting 10 chests regularly on Arendyll then taking the last FA as count of activity then 617 fs are playing (i know more play but just dont like FA)

Then 3% of fs are getting 10 chests regularly, this doesn't mean that others are not trying to get 10 but can’t do it yet.

So, when these 97% see the minority asking for more they get upset and it can demotivate some players, as they trying so hard but are only getting 8 or 9 chests and see others asking for the GOAL to become further out of their reach