• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Tournaments

• Thread starter DeletedUser8901
  • Start date

DeletedUser8901

It seems that some tournament are harder than others, does anyone know the order in which that occurs, starting with the easiest and working up to the hardest?

Pauly7

Magus
It kind of depends on the enemies that you face and thus the units that you will have to use to face them. The Scrolls tournament is generally regarded as the toughest and Magic Dust the second hardest. Note that both of these tournaments require you to use Light Melee units, which are officially the suckiest of units.

Most people would agree that Steel is the easiest of all tournaments to fight. All those in between are up for debate, but personally I find Silk and Gems tournaments the next easiest with Crystal following closely behind.

As for the tournament order. They appear week by week in the order you see them in if you open the Main Hall, i.e Marble, Steel, Planks, Crystal, Scrolls, Silk, Elixir, Magic Dust

CrazyWizard

Shaman
It seems that some tournament are harder than others, does anyone know the order in which that occurs, starting with the easiest and working up to the hardest?

As stated by those above there are differences.
Most diffcult in general are scrolls and magic dust, the easiest ones are marble and steel, crystal and silk are neutral and the rest depends on what race you are / where you are in the reseach tree and can vary from very difficult to super easy depending on these 2 parameters.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Could it be that they changed maps?

I have never ever in the history of the scrolls tournament this many autolosses, I have looked at those maps and they have a horrible layout which explains the autolosses. but it doesnt explain why I never had those before. my losses on the first 13 provinces have been spectacular.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
But light melee is sucky for all :)

Yup, they are... The good thing is Dwarven Bulwark, I only need support on some tourneys from LM... and I always manage to have enough with what DB gives me. It's only level 7, I have others bigger.

I recommend you work hard on your Needles of the Tempest, make that your main focus early in the game, get it to level 30 around orcs, and you will be doing great in many tourneys. Martial Monastery helps but is heavier to level up, so I advise you work your Needles first. I am telling you from my own experience. I am elven.

Gargon667

Mentor
Could it be that they changed maps?

I have never ever in the history of the scrolls tournament this many autolosses, I have looked at those maps and they have a horrible layout which explains the autolosses. but it doesnt explain why I never had those before. my losses on the first 13 provinces have been spectacular.

Nope nothing extraordinary here, I would say you just had spectacularly bad luck?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Ill guess after 20 provinces it got a lot better, but I never ever experienced it this bas, 1 maybe 2 autolosses with +100%hp not 20 autolosses.

Since province 20 I had 2 more autolosses but it was not nearly as bad as the first 13 provinces.

Gargon667

Mentor
Ill guess after 20 provinces it got a lot better, but I never ever experienced it this bas, 1 maybe 2 autolosses with +100%hp not 20 autolosses.

Since province 20 I had 2 more autolosses but it was not nearly as bad as the first 13 provinces.

Sounds like bad luck it was then :) I had a few autolosses too, but nothing crazy like that. It is scrolls after all.

To be honest our losses are ridiculously low nowadays. This is supposedly the hardest tourney there is and we complain, when we loose more than 2 or 3 fights (on 100% autofight!) in 50 provinces? It just shows how insanely overpowered the fighting has become....

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Sounds like bad luck it was then :) I had a few autolosses too, but nothing crazy like that. It is scrolls after all.

To be honest our losses are ridiculously low nowadays. This is supposedly the hardest tourney there is and we complain, when we loose more than 2 or 3 fights (on 100% autofight!) in 50 provinces? It just shows how insanely overpowered the fighting has become....

I have never experienced this since we have gotten combat buildings so thats a long long long time, I always used 50% or more since years?
This was just madness. I noticed a few maps where the enemy could corner itself making it impossible for melee units to attack them en masse so they slaugteren my units big time even 500% hp would not have helped in this case.

It was purely a matter of if you use melee units, you shall never win.
I think those kind of maps should not exist.

Gargon667

Mentor
I have never experienced this since we have gotten combat buildings so thats a long long long time, I always used 50% or more since years?

I´d say you were due to get one such tourney then ;) And I guess you´ll have another year till it happens again...

It was purely a matter of if you use melee units, you shall never win.
I think those kind of maps should not exist.

that is something I would logically agree with, but then again: It apparently happens so infrequently that it makes no matter in the big picture. So this week you lost what? 150 squads more than normal? Once a year? I am pretty sure that is not going to slow you down one bit or make you reduce your tourney next week (or your next scroll tourney or whatever) by a single province.

Pauly7

Magus
Because we always want more. Whatever we have isn't necessarily a comparative benefit because other people have it too. So then we need to continue to use it to be able to be as competitive as we were before.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Guess most people never experienced or remembered when 14 provinces was a big deal and landed you first place ;)

These days if you say 14 is a lot people laugh at you, times change and we do a lot more than in the ancient days, we learn, we adjust and we improve.
Just a little bit more than a year ago before the fire phoenix 7020 points was a insanely hard target that was done by chapter 4 negotiator accounts.
and near impossible to reach for "fighting accounts" reaching scores aprox 5500-6800 never making first place unless they went all out and ousted the 7020 barrier.

Whe the phoeniks came out we improved to 7000-8500 scores with a jump to 10k sometimes.

when bears came out the score jumped to 11000-13000

When multiplayer spire came out it jumped ot 15000-25000

Each introduction improved the maximum scores people got in the tournaments, it never dropped.