• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Tournaments and smaller Fellowships

DeletedUser9231

Just a thought on making Tournaments as lucrative for smaller Fellowships as they are for larger, stronger Fellowships.

It requires 40,000 points to obtain 10 chests in the Tournament regardless of the strength or size of the Fellowship. For a full Fellowship of 25 members, this equates to an average of 1,600 points per member. As Archmage of a very friendly Fellowship, we are having problems recruiting and currently only have 13/14 members that actively participate in Tournaments and we are all at levels where those Blueprints and Royal Restorations would be really beneficial to our cities. We regularly manage 8 chests, but that is only with some members going above and beyond (5,000+ points) and hit 10 chests on one occasion, but only by using masses of booster buildings and enchantments.

Would it be fairer if the total points required for 10 chests was based on the size and strength of a Fellowship rather than being a generic 40,000 points, maybe such that it averages out at 1,600 points per Fellowship member?

Pauly7

Magus
Tournaments are already scaled to make the difficulty and cost increase as a city gets larger and more advanced so I think that what you are asking for is already, in effect, in place.

Achieving 10 chests should be something to strive for, but it has already been made much much easier for smaller players to meet the required numbers. Whilst it may be tough for the very smallest players, it's certainly an achievable proposition by the time someone reaches about chapter 4. It may just take a little practice and gearing up a city right.

So the problem may be, as you say, that only half the Fellowship is active in the tournaments. Is there a reason for a smaller team to put less team effort into the pursuit?

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I think if you are 10 players, you are less likely to achieve what 25 players can do. Perhaps not a bad idea to have achievable targets for a smaller group.

QFol2

Conjurer
Or recruit more tourney players, or move to a fellowship that is more interested in tournaments. You can't win more tourney chests as a fellowship just because some members aren't interested in the tourneys.

Julian

Sorcerer
It can often take time to grow. When I joined Mayhem, we were doing 3-4 chests a week. It's taken us 18 months or so to get to 10 chests. You just need to slog at recruiting new players, promoting your fellowship, particularly writing a good front page. Remove inactive players. Also, suggest going for all-out weeks and rest weeks. Have you considered trying to merge with another fellowship that would help you get up to 20+ players?