• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Tournament Squads

DeletedUser1925

I guess somebody didn't use calculator again...

Attachments

• tournament_squads.png
    tournament_squads.png
    274.2 KB · Views: 82

DeletedUser

You have to divide the squad size by the unit size to determine the number of individual units per squad. Unit size for Treants is 12. So with a squad size of 80 you have 80/12 = 6.67, rounded up to 7.

DeletedUser1925

Come on! Don't be so naive.
Why this "round up" doesn't work with training size?

DeletedUser

Why this "round up" doesn't work with training size?
Because the training squad size is determined by your Armories and the Dwarven Bulwark. You'll only train a partial squad if you don't have enough Supplies to train a full squad.

The easy way to think about Weighting is that it's a crewed unit.
  • A battle tank, for example, might have a 12-man crew.
  • The crew trains together
  • You only need one Battle Tank (with a 12 man crew) for every dozen Infantrymen (Light Melee)
  • You have to kill the entire crew to prevent the tank from fighting

DeletedUser1925

Because the training squad size is determined by your Armories and the Dwarven Bulwark. You'll only train a partial squad if you don't have enough Supplies to train a full squad.

The easy way to think about Weighting is that it's a crewed unit.
  • A battle tank, for example, might have a 12-man crew.
  • The crew trains together
  • You only need one Battle Tank (with a 12 man crew) for every dozen Infantrymen (Light Melee)
  • You have to kill the entire crew to prevent the tank from fighting

I know how training size is done. BUT if you do not meet requirements for FULL size of 12 units you are not able to train 1 treant.

If your training size is 23 you won't be able to train 2 Treants at once!
But NO... is OK for Computer(INNO) to battle with more Treants then it suppose to be!

Why double standards?

Or is just a silly "typo?" Then fix all squad size with multiplier of 12... Patch can be done in few hours!

Seriously! INNO, do you make toddlers to code for you or how such bizarre "mistakes" happen?

But I think these bizarre bugs/stuff is deliberate to gain more profit! You can't be that stupid to fail at elementary math. Come on!

Some holes are here for a good reason.

If a lot of people tell you to fix, you consider fixing it and if it gets over the top you might even fix it! But if only few expose this and majority doesn't care... good for you... more profit, less work...

DeletedUser

But NO... is OK for Computer(INNO) to battle with more Treants then it suppose to be!
I have no idea what you're going on about.

If you have two Treants left from your original squad, which could be the case if you're an Elf or if some Treants/Swamp Monsters are defending the sector, The unit numbers will look the same for a Treant unit that only has 2 crew members left as they will for a Treant unit that still has a full crew of 12. BUT the first Treant will die much quicker in the next round.

Another possibility is that you don't understand how the Attack Formulas work
  • Raw unit attack power is random within an indicated range for each type of unit.
    See https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Units#Unit_Stats_Elves
  • Effective Attack Power = Random Raw Power * (10% of the full Squad Size + 90% of the remaining/full Squad Size)
    • So a full squad will fight at 10% + 90% = 100% effectiveness
    • So a half strength squad will fight at 10% + 90%*50% = 10% + 45% = 55%
    • So a nearly dead squad will fight at 2% < 10% = 10%
  • The fancy math is there to prevent stalemates that would otherwise occure when the remaining units are too weak to damage each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1925

My point is If your squad is 80 you can't have 7 Treants. Only 6! Forget about 0,67.

There shouldn't be any rounding up in the game!
If rouding up is done then should be done everywhere. Not just where they want it to be.

current example:
training size: If it ain't 12 or more /12 = 0 treants

DeletedUser363

If your training size is 23 you won't be able to train 2 Treants at once!

Yes you can, you just alter the task bar below the treants when setting the training session, move it down from 23 to 2

DeletedUser1925

Yes you can, you just alter the task bar below the treants when setting the training session, move it down from 23 to 2

You didn't understand.

Your traning size is 23. For 2 treants you need training size 24. They won't give you 0,04%.

But is OK for Tournament army to have more Treants than their squad size can handle. Typical double standards.

do you all get it now?

DeletedUser363

You didn't understand.

Your traning size is 23. For 2 treants you need training size 24. They won't give you 0,04%.

But is OK for Tournament army to have more Treants than their squad size can handle. Typical double standards.

do you all get it now?

You evidently don't understand, you said you can't train just 2 treants, I said you can....simple try looking at the game. I''ve been able to train how ever many treants I want from the start of having them (up to my training limit of course)

DeletedUser1925

You evidently don't understand, you said you can't train just 2 treants, I said you can....simple try looking at the game. I''ve been able to train how ever many treants I want from the start of having them (up to my training limit of course)
Nope, you didn't get it. You can't train 2 Treants in one slot, if you training size is not 24 or greater.
If your training size is 23 you won't be able to train 2 Treants only 1 per slot. Even tho is just 4% difference. But for INNO (computer) Tournament squad there is no problem even if difference is 33%. They still have +1 Treant without any sweat. Do you understand now?

Deleted User - 106219

Do you really not understand what this is about, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

A single Treant has a size of 12. So if you have a Training Size of 80 you can train exactly 6 Treants per group. You CAN'T train 7 Treants because 7 Treants have size of 7*12=84, and that is more than 80. The game does NOT round it up.
Now look at the screenshot from the first post. Enemy Squad Size is 80, so a squad of Treants should have 6 units in it (6*12=72, so less than 80), NOT 7 units (7*12=84, which is obviously more than 80). In this case the game clearly rounds it up, giving the AI a bit of an extra advantage.

And by the way, cheapnar is correct. If you have a Training Size of 23 you CAN'T train 2 Treants per group because 2 Treants have a total size of 24. You'll be forced to train 1 Treant at a time. If you don't believe me - start in a new world and make it to Treants without increasing Training Size above 23. You'll be able to train exactly 1 Treant per group because that's what your training limit allows you. There won't be any rounding up.

DeletedUser363

If you have a Training Size of 23 you CAN'T train 2 Treants per group because 2 Treants have a total size of 24. You'll be forced to train 1 Treant at a time. If you don't believe me - start in a new world and make it to Treants without increasing Training Size above 23. You'll be able to train exactly 1 Treant per group because that's what your training limit allows you. There won't be any rounding up.

I already have a training size of 21 under another name, there I train 2 treants without a problem so why should there be a problem training 2 if I have a training size of 23?

Deleted User - 106219

No such change has been announced. Mind sharing a screenshot?

DeletedUser363

there has never been a change, I have always had this, in each of my villages over the past year

DeletedUser1295

The amount of units one can train per group differs depending on:
• the weight of the unit one wants to train;
• the amount + size of armories one has built;
• also at least one AW will increase training size per group.

Imho, there has been a misunderstanding in this thread on what some meant to say with regard to the # of units that can be trained in one group ;)

DeletedUser1925

This was not about training I just correlated so I could proved their double faced/double standards! They round up/down when they get benefits from it! Really sneaky behavior!

DeletedUser1295

This was not about training I just correlated so I could proved their double faced/double standards! They round up/down when they get benefits from it! Really sneaky behavior!

Aha! now I get your point, sorry for my misinterpretation :oops:

The barracks though, have never had any rounding (either up or down) ever since the beginning of Elvenar. So indeed when you can train 23 units per group and the weight of a treant is 12, you can only train 1 treant per group in your barracks. By building another armory or upgrading an existing one, you will be able to train more units per group.

As with regard to the battles, either in tournament or province, I honestly do not know if any rounding is done ... others (like yourself) will no doubt have far more knowledge on this aspect than I have (BLUSH).

I (ahumz) usually click the auto-fight or whenever I can I'll negotiate. As many others playing Elvenar I'm not charmed by the 'fighting' except when I'm starting a new city when the battles are still fairly easy :p Anyways, I far more like the puzzle of building a city, trying to put the buildings I want in the space I have at hand :)

Deleted User - 106219

I already have a training size of 21 under another name, there I train 2 treants without a problem so why should there be a problem training 2 if I have a training size of 23?
there has never been a change, I have always had this, in each of my villages over the past year
The barracks though, have never had any rounding (either up or down) ever since the beginning of Elvenar.
If there has never been any rounding in the Barracks, then either Tikococo doesn't understand what he is talking about and is making false claims by saying that he can train a group of 2 Treants with a training size of 21 (since training a group of 2 Treants requires training size of at least 24), or he has found a bug. Or he is lying about it.

@Tikococo: I'm still waiting for the screenshot I asked for.

DeletedUser1295

If there has never been any rounding in the Barracks, then either Tikococo doesn't understand what he is talking about and is making false claims by saying that he can train a group of 2 Treants with a training size of 21 (since training a group of 2 Treants requires training size of at least 24), or he has found a bug. Or he is lying about it.

Or Tikococo is training his 2 treants in 2 groups (1 per group) and misinterpreted what cheapnar was getting at, the same way I misinterpreted ;)

EDIT:
Or he has the AW Dwarven Bulwark which increases the barracks training size.