• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Tournament Hall of Fame

LazyTony

Sorcerer
My suggestion is for the tournament ranking points currently displayed by hovering the mouse over a players ranking to be used to create a server wide cumulative tournament ranking leaderboard (this would include all tournament ranking points ever scored by a player). For myself and many other late game players, tournaments are what keep us playing in between chapters, and there is some good natured rivalry between the regular high scorers (naming no names forictori :p). It would create some more competition and fun, and be easy to implement.

It could be expanded with a cumulative score for the last 5 or 10 tournaments - a "form guide" if you will :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser5254

I was hoping you were going somewhere with this (11th or higher chest for +40K FSs, separated ranking for fighters only,...), but this is just about bragging rights?

meh

xander10101

Seeker
hmm. Post seem's to have gone.

In all seriousness, Tony's idea is interesting. But. It would not be a level playing field as there are various means to come top of the table.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
I think it's a very poor idea.

DeletedUser

When people can buy their way to the top there is no value in saying who is the highest/best/biggest... maybe it should be based on who has actually spent the most on the game overall... oh, we have that already, its the Individual Rankings!

forictori

Adventurer
This sounds like a good idea. Any more details and info on Tournament performance is always a good incentive, for anyone.
InnoGames have done enough to discourage players in any aspect of the game, so that may reverse this a lil bit . :)

DeletedUser3337

If there would be a special tournament, where each of us had to build a brandnew city from scratch (fast forward), in a second seperate grid....
That would last for 4 weeks and was purely based on activity and skills then I would love the idea.

The regular tournaments now? Same names appear in topspots, week after week.
Lets be fair ... come on

forictori

Adventurer
All it matters is there, the List and Rankings, as most players see and care about this. An additional info and improvements will ofc attract more.

Pimpy & xander10101, You believe in wrongdoing? It's only you who care.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
If there would be a special tournament, where each of us had to build a brandnew city from scratch (fast forward), in a second seperate grid....
That would last for 4 weeks and was purely based on activity and skills then I would love the idea.

The level 5 barracks in your halfling city shows you don't like playing tournaments much. So why stop the rest of us who do enjoy it having a better way to keep score amongst ourselves?

DeletedUser3337

Ok just for you let me go open our spreadsheet and check :D
(And because you like numbers and topspots so much ofc)

Since I joined the Owls I have been rank 6 once, rank 4 once, rank 3 twice, rank 2 once and rank 1 twice.
And before the Owls I been rank 2 and 1 too.
I gathered a small 11074 ranking points doing tournaments upto now with 100% fair play.
So I ask you ....
Do I not like tournaments? *cat rolling on the floor laughing*

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Yeah, that's exactly my point. You had to save those scores instead of being able to look it up.
You seem to have forgotten to admit that your original assertion/accusation regarding Pimpy 'not liking to play tournaments much' was completely wrong so I thought I'd be helpful and remind you. :)

DeletedUser5254

You seem to have forgotten to admit that your original assertion/accusation regarding Pimpy 'not liking to play tournaments much' was completely wrong so I thought I'd be helpful and remind you. :)

and now we have it, a pissing contest just became territorial....

At first I thought this is a pointless idea and as such deemed it as acceptable but not a priority (i.e. meh), but if the point of it was to create material for this type of behavior, then I'm definitely against.

DeletedUser3337

a pissing contest
A what? lol that sounds like the 'animal toilet humor' I read in this thread before.

Anyways, if this idea will never be implemented, Tony can always create a spreatsheet too and keep track of his and Forictori's scores. Because to be honest, this is just something between the both of them. (speaking for Winyandor)
Players like me, know it is not possible to reach the top 10 weeks in a row, so a player like me will never make it to this Hall of Fame.
Simply can not compete this way.
And who will get spot 3? (As Hall of Fame is usually the top 3?) I really do not know.

Like he mentioned, for 10 weeks, he can keep track and if he likes put the results on the forum.
But I am almost sure, there will be no standing ovation.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Yep, its not possible with a lev 5 barracks, you are correct :)

Its only possible by fighting as much as possible. For example, this elixir tourney I have auto fought about 40%, manually fought about 55% and catered 5%.

And Edward, saving up to cater once in a while means you don't like tourneys, yes.

@Warren Piece - one mans urination contest is another man's bit of friendly competition, enjoyable and pushing you and others to try harder. Unlike others in this forum I don't stoop to trolling or abuse (unless pushed very hard).

Finally, Pimpy, my favourite forum poster :)

There are many players who score highly week in week out almost without missing a week. Valle, ronniedehoog, Nyborg, Coras to mention a few.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3337

Not even @xander10101 can do that.
He has his barracks at lvl 29 and gained 30401 ranking points with tournaments.
He did this with only 1 account.
That is something I respect, very very much and he does not have nearly 60k AW points.
He is in my personal Hall of Fame :D

And yes I cater, I am no WarCat, I am a LoveCat ♥

LazyTony

Sorcerer
So, its back to the same place again. Pimpy doesn't want others to have some fun doing something she doesn't like doing.