• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Tournament difficulty

• Thread starter DeletedUser5238
  • Start date

DeletedUser5238

Is it just an impression, or have tournament battles increased significantly in difficulty since a couple of weeks?? Before i could still auto-fight most of 24 provinces in round 4, now i even get wiped out in round 2. (i have finished contructs quite a while ago, so i havent changed chapter, nor did i do any squad upgrades)

Deleted User - 1759805

How do you compare tournaments over couple of weeks? These are different troops and different setups, so it is hard to compare properly. If you had records from 9 weeks ago with no apparent changes on your end since then, and markedly different outcomes then you would have a case. Otherwise, we see these threads popping up on a regular basis with no specific proof whatsoever.

But here are my observations (and I do keep records). In my last elixir tournament I had substantially lower squad size, but more importantly, I also had Unleashed Unit Upgrade (+25% health) placed. I already had Fire Phoenix at L9 for +45% damage boost This time around I have no UUU, but my Fire Phoenix is slightly better at L10 (+50% damage). So overall, I am in a worse situation than I was 9 weeks ago (due to absence of UUU).

Despite of that, my losses (in squads) are only slightly worse. After 4 rounds the last time I've lost 85 squads, and this time I've lost 100 squads. The difference is easily explainable by the absence of UUU.

So I don't observe an increase in difficulty.

DeletedUser5238

Well, i dont keep records, but i have been playing this game for almost 3 years now, and i have participated in about every tournament. Normally i do a minimum of 8 provinces for 2 rounds, sometimes more provinces, sometimes more rounds. I usually dont use any buffs for that, so no UUU, and no phoenix, except when i get further in tournament, or if the fellowship wants to attempt the 10 chests. And i can tell you, even though i dont keep records, that usually the 2 rounds of 8 provinces could be done with no significant losses in squads, and that the past couple of weeks, i did lose quite a few squads, even in the first round of 8 provinces. Furthermore, i have had a few times already that my army was completely defeated in fights of the second round, something that only occured before occasionally in round 4 or 5.

Pauly7

Magus
Two rounds of 8 provinces is just dipping your toe in really. I don't really consider the difficulty of a tournament until you see what the fighting is like beyond province 10.

There are a variety of difficulties between the tournament types. For e.g. Steel and Silk are considered fairly easy compared to the likes of Scrolls. If you are comparing what the difficulty is like now compared to two weeks ago surely you are just comparing one tournament type to another.

DeletedUser5238

Pauly, if you read my previous post, you'll see that i do NOT compare different tournament types, i have plenty of experience doing all the types, and i notice a huge difference, even in the first two rounds of 8 provinces, wether it is steel, planks, magic dust or gems. So i think that they either changed the difficulty of the tournament battles, or they changed the AI in the autofights. Last steel tournament (yes, i know it's the easiest one) i did my max of 57 provinces in round one, and between 32 and 40 provinces in rounds 2 to 5, i even managed to squeeze in a sixth round. And how i feel the tournament has become more difficult makes me fear that in next steel tournament i wont even be able to get beyond 24 provinces and 3-4 rounds.
Besides, most of our fellowship members have the same impression about the increased tournament difficulty, i just wanted to see if anyone here knew if Inno had communicated anything about that.