• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Total newbie question on buildings

I'm so new I still have vernix. Do I need blue diamonds to research barracks or can I level up other buildings to remove that need? I only have 150 and cost of 180 but I'm broke and would prefer not to spend real $ this early on.

Jake65

Sage
You only need to use diamonds if you're short of some resources required for the research.
Check which resource quantity is red and that's the one you need more of.

Jake65

Sage
Or it might be the resource with the diamond value shown.
Either way, once you have enough then you can complete the research for free :)
(Sorry Inno :p )

SkyRider99

Mentor
Yep, @Jake65 has it. Diamonds cost Real Life (RL) dollars. Don't use them for Research unless you have a lot of RL money to throw at it. I find it is always better to wait and produce/collect the required goods. That way you also keep Research in pace with your city growth.

Diamonds are more useful (valuable) later in the game. For example, magic residences and workshops and some culture buildings much later on.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I surely would be very careful what you spend your diamonds on as they are very hard to get and wait till you know the game well before you decide what to do with them. You'll also find that there are some other ways to get them rather than buying them if you prefer.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Yep, @Jake65 has it. Diamonds cost Real Life (RL) dollars. Don't use them for Research unless you have a lot of RL money to throw at it. I find it is always better to wait and produce/collect the required goods. That way you also keep Research in pace with your city growth.

Diamonds are more useful (valuable) later in the game. For example, magic residences and workshops and some culture buildings much later on.
Diamonds don't always cost RL dollars. @Sir Die A Lot (Does this make you a caterer then? lol), places to acquire free diamonds:
1. Spire of Eternity (The higher you can climb, find a FS with like-minded playing style so you can get Silver or Gold)
2. Mystery Object chest in MA
3. Goddess of Disappointment Wishes
4. Genie (Also from Spire)
5. Finishing chapters
6. Forum contests

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Don't forget we also give Diamonds away every single month in our Forum competitions, to help bring even more sparkle to the game :diamond::diamond::diamond:Check out the Community Contest section, where our last competition for our 7th birthday has just ended...a new challenge will unfold very shortly :)

Sir Derf

Adept
And some competitions are ultimately RNGs.

Of course, some people will say that some people are better at RNGs than others...

Let the good RNGs roll

Last edited by a moderator: