• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Tooltip missing information on workshops

• Thread starter DeletedUser3251
  • Start date

DeletedUser3251

As of this morning, in all worlds (Arendyll, Winandor, Beta) the tooltip for workshops no longer shows WHAT is being produced (Beverages, bread, adv tools, etc), just the amount of supplies you'll receive. T1/T2/T3 manufacturing still shows what is being produced (mosaic, chest, etc). Makes it difficult to figure out what I need to set for quests.

Timneh

Artisan
Same for me. Also no counter for coins, mana and seeds in the buildings that produce them.

DeletedUser3097

As of this morning, in all worlds (Arendyll, Winandor, Beta) the tooltip for workshops no longer shows WHAT is being produced (Beverages, bread, adv tools, etc), just the amount of supplies you'll receive. T1/T2/T3 manufacturing still shows what is being produced (mosaic, chest, etc). Makes it difficult to figure out what I need to set for quests.
Same for me. Also no counter for coins, mana and seeds in the buildings that produce them.

Same for me also

Thank you for reporting this issue- it has been forwarded for further investigation and fixing.

DeletedUser6706

@Dizzy Lizzie

Please would you kindly forward this additional related information on my behalf? This problem seems relevant to the forthcoming Fellowship Adventure, but I am having problems creating a Beta Forum login, so I can't add this info myself to the Fellowship Adventure feedback thread on the Beta Forum. Thanks!

I have the same Tooltip problem on EN3 Felyndral (HTML 5), although in my case this problem extends to ALL standard* buildings which produce anything apart from Guest Race Goods (in my case, Fairy buildings), which still have normal accurate Tooltips. All other buildings show the correct information if I click on them during productions, so as to display the building's detailed info screen, but their mouseover Tooltips during productions are affected as below:
  • Residences show "X Coins", with X being the total possible production, instead of the usual fractional "X/X Coins" (e.g. "2500/36000 Coins")
  • Workshops show "X Supplies", not "X Bread, X Simple Tools", etc.
  • Manufactories show "X Planks/Silk/Gems", not "X Wooden Figurines, X Handmade Bag, X Pendant", etc.
  • Single-type Troop buildings (Vallorian Valor and Grounds of the Orc Strategist) show only total possible number, instead of "X produced/X maximum".
NB : The blue progress bars shown in all of these buildings' Tooltips are still showing the correct degree of progression during each production run. Also, once the affected productions are complete, all of the Tooltips revert to displaying the correct information (e.g. "X Wooden Figurines" instead of "X Planks").

(* Non-standard buildings, such as Event Sets and expiring buildings - for me, Carting Library and Ice Lindworm - are showing correct Tooltips at all times.)

In addition, I have two new problems with my standard queue-based Troop-producing buildings, i.e. Barracks/Training Grounds/Mercenary Camp:

1. Whichever building is currently producing a batch of units shows "1 x [current Troop type in production]", e.g. "1 x Elite Archer" or "1 x Treant II", instead of showing the correct training size (which would be, for me, 246 and 41 respectively for Elite Archers and Treants) - and this happens with all types of Troops.

2. Only the building which is currently producing a queued Troop item shows the information as above, with the other two (whichever they are) both showing instead a large icon-style ? with text reading "0 of ???" (even if Troops which these buildings can produce are queued up after the current production item).

This problem with Tooltips is merely inconvenient at present, but it will become very problematic during the forthcoming Fellowship Adventure, when being able to use the Tooltips attached to Workshops and/or Manufactories to remind myself of what I am currently producing will become essential. Clicking on dozens of buildings to find out what they are producing will be extremely time-consuming (and difficult to remember), and will lead to a lot of confusion and errors.

Deleted User - 1634960

Just to clarify: Tooltips while the building is producing are less than informative, it is true (and we still have not heard whether this is intended or not), but buildings where Production is complete do show the class of production as well as the number of units of the type of Resource. I have checked this in my live city on this server. ;)

Timneh

Artisan
Tooltips while the building is producing are less than informative

That is your opinion and while you are perfectly entitled to it you might want to remember that having the name of what is being produced during production is something players asked for so while that information might be of no use to you a lot of players do find it useful.
If the removal of the product name was intentional it should have been mentioned in the 1.74 release notes as it was with that update that the information stopped being visible.

Deleted User - 1634960

@Timneh The opinion expressed in the part of my post that you quoted is exactly the opinion of those who have previously posted in this thread, including the OP. The purpose of my post was the part you did not quote, and I will thank you not to take my statements out of context. ;)

DeletedUser6706

Update as of midday GMT, 20th March: Following what appeared to be a hotfix and/or server restart, all building Tooltips on EN3 Felyndral are now back to displaying correct information about production runs/Troop training. In fact, the Tooltips are going one better (?!), and are now displaying both the formerly incorrect information as per my previous post AND the usual correct production information (i.e. normal quantities/items) at the same time...!

No but seriously - I'm sure this is still a work in progress, and that the production Tooltips will be completely fixed soon enough, but even if not, the Tooltips as they now stand (i.e. with more information than needed...) are perfectly adequate both for normal gameplay and also for the imminent Fellowship Adventure, even if they're also now rather large! :D

NB: I'd just like to note that it would appear that some aspect of the Tooltip fix has unintentionally affected the in-game hotkeys, which stopped working (for me) at the same point when the Tooltips were restored. While this is far from an urgent issue (in my view), since I would say that it's far better to have the Tooltips working again in time for the FA than it is to complain about the associated - and probably temporary - loss of hotkey usage, I thought I would just mention this problem, in case (a) the devs aren't aware it has happened, and/or (b) anyone else comes across it and wonders if it's happening to others.

@Rilian @Dizzy Lizzie - Thank you for your help. Please would you also pass on my/my Fellows' thanks to the developers for prioritising this issue? :)

@Jedicris - This is the thread I was referring to in my reply to you about the "non-functioning hotkeys" problem.