• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Too much cross-tier trading

m4rt1n

Adept
The developers are aware @m4rt1n. Noticeably since the chaos started and everyone started complaining of the T3 overload, abruptly all new set buildings disappeared from the events.

Now that they have stemmed the problem from getting worse, I think, they are considering how to solve the existing problem. It isn't an easy one. The most obvious answer is that they will nerf everyone's sets where large amounts of T3 is being produced (see the Crystal Lighthouse problem or the great culture/pop nerf of 2018), but if they do this they know the horrific backlash they will get from everyone complaining about being lied to.

I'm not saying I'm in their corner, but now that they have made their bed it's probably a tricky one to sort out. Perhaps they need to provide tons of buildings that give free T1, as some have suggested, but then you will end up in a situation where everyone is just making way too many goods, plus newer players will become awash with T1, but not have the T3.

I don't see a more likely answer than all the existing sets being nerfed, but that isn't what people will want to hear.

In my opinion, if they were aware, they would not have just given out the Stonehenge building which again adds to the T3 problem in a bigway for chapters 5-8.

Timneh

Artisan
In the thread "stop giving us tier3 goods from event buildings" i asked if the devs had been made aware of players concerns about the flood of tier 3 goods and Muf-Muf replied that they had been, so we can only hope they look at the problem and find a way to cure it.
I personally don't think buildings that give loads of T1 and T2 goods are the way to help as players will just use them and not bother with manufactories at all except possibly for events where they could complete quests with a few lvl 1 buildings.

DeletedUser845

Seems to me the solution to this is straightforward and does not need Inno to nerf buildings or manus (please they do not need any more encouragement!!), though a filter in the trader would be nice and ease the irritation.

1. stop taking cross tier trades. Take away demand and supply will fall
2. do not allow cross tier trades in your FS except in emergency or at heavily discounted three star rates to distribute excess goods
3. if you have excess T3 then delete a T3 manu and make something else more useful - sometimes you have to step back to go forwards
4. if you see a new player in your neighbourhood putting them up, contact them and nicely explain why they are not good and help them out if they are struggling with goods

It won't stop it completely but it will reduce it a lot over time.

DeletedUser

Seems to me the solution to this is straightforward and does not need Inno to nerf buildings or manus (please they do not need any more encouragement!!), though a filter in the trader would be nice and ease the irritation.

3. if you have excess T3 then delete a T3 manu and make something else more useful - sometimes you have to step back to go forwards

One suggested that on the US forum, well that did not end well ;) Many high ranked players will simply not do that because they think it gives them more ranking, even if that is not always true. It just is hard for many to delete something that costed so much, change is difficult.

m4rt1n

Adept
One suggested that on the US forum, well that did not end well ;) Many high ranked players will simply not do that because they think it gives them more ranking, even if that is not always true. It just is hard for many to delete something that costed so much, change is difficult.

Other players don't want to listen and will continue putting up pages and pages of cross tier trades.

A possible solution would be to limit the number of cross tier trades a player can have.
Currently the limit is 60 trades at any one time, so only allow 6 to be crosstier.

DeletedUser

One of the better solutions, limiting cross tier. I got several posting over 40 offers at a time.

Pauly7

Magus
This whole problem is caused by limiting trades and censoring trades. The answer is not to do that more. The answer is to remove the whole crazy tier / star system and let everyone make their own choices.

Once the star system has been removed then there will be much better more sensible options to filter trades so that people only see what they want to see.

DeletedUser845

I like the limiting the number of X tier trades idea. That and a filter would pretty much end the annoyance factor.

For those who have a problem with too much T3 I understand it is a big step to delete a building you have built up from a pile of stones and twigs, but if the trades are reduced and no one see them then they will end up with even more excess T3 if that really is a problem for some. Better to fix it yourself than let Inno fix it. Inno might reduce the T3 that manus give, reduce the T3 on a sliding scale depending on how many T3 manus you have, reduce the T3 on other buildings, limit the number of T3 manus you can have (and maybe pay you back the resources you spent building the ones they delete), convert the "excess" T3 manus to T3 sentient manus (just pushing the problem into sentient goods), delete the other T3 buildings for you (and maybe pay you back ....), etc., etc. I think taking control yourself would be preferable to letting Inno do it. And we all know by now threats to quit game or stop spending real money have he same effect as a flea bite on Inno's behind.

Hekata

Artisan
I don't think that Inno can change the manus. They are a core part of the game. They can only nerf the event buildings. Not all players have event buildings that produce that much T3. Some because they don't have space, some because they didn't get them (I didn't get the Jesters tavern for instance), some are new players that didn't participate in those events and some just don't like linked buildings because you can't move them around that easily. Also the problem is for the pre-woodelves levels mostly. I'm in halflings and almost all of my event buildings produce mana or seeds. So if they reduce the production of my manus I'd have to make more of them and space and population are limited as it is.

m4rt1n

Adept
I don't think that Inno can change the manus. They are a core part of the game. They can only nerf the event buildings. Not all players have event buildings that produce that much T3. Some because they don't have space, some because they didn't get them (I didn't get the Jesters tavern for instance), some are new players that didn't participate in those events and some just don't like linked buildings because you can't move them around that easily. Also the problem is for the pre-woodelves levels mostly. I'm in halflings and almost all of my event buildings produce mana or seeds. So if they reduce the production of my manus I'd have to make more of them and space and population are limited as it is.

I agree, reducing production is not the answer.
The problem lies with the event buildings, as there was never much of a problem prior to them being released. The huge T3 productions they give lower level players is the main issue in my opinion.

DeletedUser9252

It is necessary to really on self! Dont sell your t1 and t2 goods manufacturers. The games takes all 3 level goods. Even it is in later chapters, it still needs t1 and t2 goods.
And for the people who only produce t3, cross tier is good option.
It is necessary to have label to show the different categories.
I use mobile version, scrolling down is not difficult; but for pc, it takes time.

DeletedUser9252

Defintely! Trader needs more label and options! You can choose:
1. Withinonly /out of fellowship
2. Show cross tier/ not show
3. Amount select (for example: i want about 1000 marble, i choose amount range 700-1500 marble as filter option)
4. Forbid someone post 10 pages very bad star cross tier trade! ( if that person wants trade in that ratio, he can put large amount, not many time small amount!)
He just want to wait someone accidentally accept the trade, and i call it cheating!
Internet has flash time (reflash page), and in mobile version, it has high chance to accidentally accept!
For example: post 1000gems to 64000 marbles, 5 times; not post 100gems to 6400 marbles 50 times!

Timneh

Artisan
Forbid someone post 10 pages very bad star cross tier trade! ( if that person wants trade in that ratio, he can put large amount, not many time small amount!)

A lot of players post trades in smaller amounts so that small cities have a chance to take them to help them grow so it is not really a bad thing to post small trades.

DeletedUser9252

A lot of players post trades in smaller amounts so that small cities have a chance to take them to help them grow so it is not really a bad thing to post small trades.
I know. But how can you help new players with bad trade (you give 100 gems and you want 6400 marble)?

DeletedUser5037

I know. But how can you help new players with bad trade (you give 100 gems and you want 6400 marble)?
Well, you can create a trade of 100 GEMS for 400 MARBLE! I know, because I tested it!
It is up to whoever creates the trade! Accept it or ignore it! It's your choice!