1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

Too much cross-tier trading

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mullebutz, May 12, 2019.

1. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Summoner

In my opinion, if they were aware, they would not have just given out the Stonehenge building which again adds to the T3 problem in a bigway for chapters 5-8.

2. Timneh

Timneh Necromancer

In the thread "stop giving us tier3 goods from event buildings" i asked if the devs had been made aware of players concerns about the flood of tier 3 goods and Muf-Muf replied that they had been, so we can only hope they look at the problem and find a way to cure it.
    I personally don't think buildings that give loads of T1 and T2 goods are the way to help as players will just use them and not bother with manufactories at all except possibly for events where they could complete quests with a few lvl 1 buildings.

Alcaro and m4rt1n like this.
  3. Shabob

Shabob Adventurer

Seems to me the solution to this is straightforward and does not need Inno to nerf buildings or manus (please they do not need any more encouragement!!), though a filter in the trader would be nice and ease the irritation.

1. stop taking cross tier trades. Take away demand and supply will fall
    2. do not allow cross tier trades in your FS except in emergency or at heavily discounted three star rates to distribute excess goods
    3. if you have excess T3 then delete a T3 manu and make something else more useful - sometimes you have to step back to go forwards
    4. if you see a new player in your neighbourhood putting them up, contact them and nicely explain why they are not good and help them out if they are struggling with goods

It won't stop it completely but it will reduce it a lot over time.

4. Flame Knight

Flame Knight Adventurer

One suggested that on the US forum, well that did not end well ;) Many high ranked players will simply not do that because they think it gives them more ranking, even if that is not always true. It just is hard for many to delete something that costed so much, change is difficult.

m4rt1n likes this.
  5. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Summoner

Other players don't want to listen and will continue putting up pages and pages of cross tier trades.

A possible solution would be to limit the number of cross tier trades a player can have.
    Currently the limit is 60 trades at any one time, so only allow 6 to be crosstier.

Alcaro, Timneh and Flame Knight like this.
  6. Flame Knight

Flame Knight Adventurer

One of the better solutions, limiting cross tier. I got several posting over 40 offers at a time.

m4rt1n likes this.
  7. Pauly7

Pauly7 Necromancer

This whole problem is caused by limiting trades and censoring trades. The answer is not to do that more. The answer is to remove the whole crazy tier / star system and let everyone make their own choices.

Once the star system has been removed then there will be much better more sensible options to filter trades so that people only see what they want to see.

MinMax Gamer likes this.
  8. Shabob

Shabob Adventurer

I like the limiting the number of X tier trades idea. That and a filter would pretty much end the annoyance factor.

For those who have a problem with too much T3 I understand it is a big step to delete a building you have built up from a pile of stones and twigs, but if the trades are reduced and no one see them then they will end up with even more excess T3 if that really is a problem for some. Better to fix it yourself than let Inno fix it. Inno might reduce the T3 that manus give, reduce the T3 on a sliding scale depending on how many T3 manus you have, reduce the T3 on other buildings, limit the number of T3 manus you can have (and maybe pay you back the resources you spent building the ones they delete), convert the "excess" T3 manus to T3 sentient manus (just pushing the problem into sentient goods), delete the other T3 buildings for you (and maybe pay you back ....), etc., etc. I think taking control yourself would be preferable to letting Inno do it. And we all know by now threats to quit game or stop spending real money have he same effect as a flea bite on Inno's behind.

Alcaro likes this.
  9. Hekata

Hekata Alchemist

I don't think that Inno can change the manus. They are a core part of the game. They can only nerf the event buildings. Not all players have event buildings that produce that much T3. Some because they don't have space, some because they didn't get them (I didn't get the Jesters tavern for instance), some are new players that didn't participate in those events and some just don't like linked buildings because you can't move them around that easily. Also the problem is for the pre-woodelves levels mostly. I'm in halflings and almost all of my event buildings produce mana or seeds. So if they reduce the production of my manus I'd have to make more of them and space and population are limited as it is.

10. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Summoner

I agree, reducing production is not the answer.
    The problem lies with the event buildings, as there was never much of a problem prior to them being released. The huge T3 productions they give lower level players is the main issue in my opinion.

Mullebutz and Hekata like this.