• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Tired of never getting free event item email

• Thread starter DeletedUser3251
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3251

Every single event I get told the same thing.
"There's nothing we can do."
"Check your data settings." (Yes, they ARE set to receive emails, as well as every other option on the list.)
"Check your spam folder." Nope, NEVER in my spam folder.
"Your provider blocks emails from us." Nope, SAME server the rest of my family uses, and they get their free item emails, in their inbox, not in spam, from en.elvenar. MY account last received a free item in 9/17, and gets it's emails from US.elvenar.
"Do you have an active email attached to your account?" Yes. I do. I've even updated it 3 events ago when I was told that was the problem. Yes, I've received the "verify your email" emails. Yes, I've received the "Thanks for verifying" emails. Yes, I receive the "You have received a reply to your support ticket" emails at my verified email address.
"Are you receiving emails from our EN servers?" Yes. The replies to my support tickets come from elvenar-en.

So yeah, I'm getting very tired of being told "there's nothing we can do". Especially on an account that spends actual CASH on diamond purchases.

DeletedUser7733

A friend of mine has the same problem, no e-mails with bonus items.

Killiak

Artisan
Same here. I expect that the newsletter has a few components that cause Gmail to flag it as a scam/phishing, which means it gets bounced faster than a drunk frat-Chad trying to get into a pub.

DeletedUser3097

I'm getting very tired of being told "there's nothing we can do".

Please check that you have this option selected:

1. In-game, select the cog in the bottom right-hand corner, then select the cog in Data Usage Options.

snowflakes1.png

2. Make sure you have the Receive emails about game events selected.
snowflakes2.png

3. Save preferences.

Killiak

Artisan

I have been receiving newsletters for the better part of the year, and I am 100% positive that I did not change my data settings to "do not receive". Did Inno change these data settings, because of privacy issues/laws of some sort?

As a potential fix, I have done the following in order
- unsubscribed from the newsletter (by means of an old link in the old newsletter)
- resubscribed, with the method you have posted

But now what? The people who did not themselves mess up their data settings or e-mail settings are just out of luck? You can imagine that makes me a little miffed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3097

I have been receiving newsletters for the better part of the year, and I am 100% positive that I did not change my data settings to "do not receive". Did Inno change these data settings, because of privacy issues/laws of some sort?

No, that wouldn't and didn't happen.

At any time, players are able to review and change their settings through the in-game options described above.

Killiak

Artisan
No, that wouldn't and didn't happen.

At any time, players are able to review and change their settings through the in-game options described above.

Lovely. Quite odd then, that I have been receiving newsletters for quite a while, am 100% sure I did not change my settings, yet they are obviously changed and I did not receive a letter.

But now what? The people who did not themselves mess up their data settings or e-mail settings are just out of luck? You can imagine that makes me a little miffed.

So, could you then answer this for me?
Fyi; already contacted support, no dice.

DeletedUser3097

If someone has not received the email I would suggest this:

1. Check spam folders.
2. If the email is not there, contact Support.
Support will be able to advise the player if they have or have not got their settings correctly set to receive emails about events. It is not possible to send out the email again if the player has opted out of receiving emails about events. Of course, at any time the player is able to opt back in to receiving emails about events using the in-game settings.

There are also other factors which may prevent a player from receiving the email connected to the email provider rather than to the email sender.

Killiak

Artisan

-> If the email is not there, contact Support.
-> It is not possible to send out the email again if the player has opted out of receiving emails about events.
-> There are also other factors which may prevent a player from receiving the email connected to the email provider rather than to the email sender.

So yes, everybody who did not receive an e-mail, for whatever reason, is just out of luck.

Thank you for your, somewhat indirect, answer.

DeletedUser5532

It always puzzles me why Inno would not fix this issue, once and for all, rather than continually giving cause for upset, with what is a flawed system at best. Simply Issue a one time global reward link, so that regardless of settings, a player will receive.

I assume the giveaway is aimed to make people happy, rather than frustrated at missing out time after time.

DeletedUser4149

i've complained about a lot of things that this game could do better. but i'm w/ Inno on this issue. i think the problem is either the company that you use to set up you email account or your management of it. also some people have too many accounts to manage them properly. just look at all of the cheater cities here and the trolls who post things anonymously on other sites.

DeletedUser3251

Same here. I expect that the newsletter has a few components that cause Gmail to flag it as a scam/phishing, which means it gets bounced faster than a drunk frat-Chad trying to get into a pub.

That can't be the case as other accounts in my household, also with Gmail email addresses, receive theirs just fine.

The only difference I'm seeing between the settings on them is that the one that DOES get the email is receiving from en.elvenar, and the one that DOES NOT is receiving other email from us.elvenar.

i've complained about a lot of things that this game could do better. but i'm w/ Inno on this issue. i think the problem is either the company that you use to set up you email account or your management of it. also some people have too many accounts to manage them properly. just look at all of the cheater cities here and the trolls who post things anonymously on other sites.

This is not my issue. Multiple family members play. Even when they all used Gmail, all but myself got the "free event item" emails. And I get ALL other Inno emails, just not the newsletter. ALL Gmail accounts set up the same, all city options set the same. Even tried changing my email to one that is on our own server (husband's IT company) and still didn't get the newsletter, and I have the ability to check that server to see if it's blocking emails.

The only difference I've been able to note is that those who do get the newsletter, get it from en.elvenar. My account gets emails from us.elvenar.

It always puzzles me why Inno would not fix this issue, once and for all, rather than continually giving cause for upset, with what is a flawed system at best. Simply Issue a one time global reward link, so that regardless of settings, a player will receive.

I assume the giveaway is aimed to make people happy, rather than frustrated at missing out time after time.

Exactly. They obviously have the ability to code into the game a popup that allows you to click it for diamond sales, and item sales for gaining more event items. Why not do the same with the 100 free event items? Log in, pop up, click, claim.

1. Check spam folders.
2. If the email is not there, contact Support.
Support will be able to advise the player if they have or have not got their settings correctly set to receive emails about events. It is not possible to send out the email again if the player has opted out of receiving emails about events. Of course, at any time the player is able to opt back in to receiving emails about events using the in-game settings.

There are also other factors which may prevent a player from receiving the email connected to the email provider rather than to the email sender.

All family members receive email via the same email provider, and are set up the same.
Even tried it with our OWN server, still did not get newsletter, and I can check my own server to make sure nothing is being blocked.
All game options (receive emails etc) set up the same.
Only ONE player in household does not receive the newsletter.

So no, it is not an issue with the email/game client on this end.

I've gone thru this with support every event since Sept 2017 (the last time I received the newsletter with freebies). Believe me, at this point I KNOW to have the "receive email" option checked. And yes, support has told me 3 times that I have everything set up properly, verified email, etc. Still no newsletter with free items. And obviously I am not alone in this.

BTW, I DID receive the Sept 18 Newsletter that wants me to sign up for Warlords of Aternum, and the Oct 13 one wanting me to play Age of Empires, and the Nov 13 one again wanting me to play Warlords of Aternum, so it's obviously NOT an issue on my end. Inno has a bug, and they refuse to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3097

I've gone thru this with support every event since Sept 2017 (the last time I received the newsletter with freebies). Believe me, at this point I KNOW to have the "receive email" option checked. And yes, support has told me 3 times that I have everything set up properly, verified email, etc. Still no newsletter with free items. And obviously I am not alone in this.

Please open a ticket with Support, titled 'FAO Dizzy Lizzie' Thank you

DeletedUser4149

i think that if many of you read your own posts, you'll probably find the answers to your problems.
i'm no expert on computers or emails. but i know that mailing lists are simple programs that work well for many businesses. elvenar and Inno have no reason to limit their own advertising by taking your names off of their mailing lists unless you or your email provider asked them.
you or your wives might be junking the emails from elvenar and that caused you to be unsubscribed from future emails. this would be a problem on the receiving end by you or w/ your email provider.
one of you is receiving emails from the US server and wondering why you aren't getting them from EN. i'm not getting emails from romanian, spanish, american, or german servers. maybe you have too many accounts and aren't managing them properly?
everyone else is receiving theirs and people are thinking Inno or elvenar are to blame when there are many possible reasons that you might not be getting them due to errors on the part of the receiver.
i don't think anyone else here is going to be able to give you any more advice about how to fix your email issues, even though we've tried. if they are caused by the sender then you have all of the info on this thread that you need to correct the problem on your own. if you can't figure out your own problems, try contacting your email providers or try setting up a new email account to receive messages from EN elvenar and don't trash messages from them without opening them or delete them w/ dozens of other junk emails so that your providers don't unsubscribe you from them or they become labeled as spam in the first place, unless you want to explain to your fellows why the game makers decided that it will be easier just to not give anybody any free stuff next year.

DeletedUser3097

To conclude this thread, I will repeat the advice given above:

1. In-game, select the cog in the bottom right-hand corner, then select the cog in Data Usage Options.

snowflakes1.png

2. Make sure you have the Receive emails about game events selected.

snowflakes2.png

3. Save preferences.

• Check your Spam Folder
  • Contact Support for their advice.
This thread will now be locked. Thank you for your contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.