• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Tips for starters

DeletedUser281

Not sure if this should be asked in General Discussion, FAQs, or here, but since provinces can be completed without the use of troops, is there any point to building a barracks or armoury since troops are meaningless?

DeletedUser

Yes because some times you don't have the goods or the supply or money. Fighting is a good thing and I do great in it. Way better then FoE. I hope you will try a fight and see how it is done. I enjoy it and it helps the game with just the small part of a fight so you can grow and keep your stuff. If you are not putting money on this game then some fighting helps a lot.

DeletedUser195

Not sure if this should be asked in General Discussion, FAQs, or here, but since provinces can be completed without the use of troops, is there any point to building a barracks or armoury since troops are meaningless?

Having battles or negotiating is one of the criteria (knowledge point wise) that is included, when computing your rankings. Efficiency wise, in building your city, having too many armouries is not a good thing, most will say. If you have them, you can always delete them for more space and population, when you need it. Culture point buildings may be better in the long run, just for the bonus in coins and supplies.

The more armouries you have, increases the amount of troops you can make/train at one time. The larger the barracks, shortens the training time. Upgrading these two buildings will increase the amount of troops you send into battle. Also when you research certain phases on the research tree, that involves the upgrades to barracks or amouries, this will help you get more troops, to go into battle against the enemy. That will happen when you do the research and upgrades.

Just remember, the farther away you get from your city, expect larger forces to fight, if that is the way you want to play. The cost to scout and negotiate will also increase.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser281

So essentially it is worth having at least one armoury together with your barracks in your city in order to keep the option open for battle if one wants to preserve resources

DeletedUser

Yep Asuryan that is what we are saying! You will not always have the goods to not fight.

DeletedUser294

Were not trying to make it a balancing thread, it's tips for starters and I'm telling starters to steer well clear of player trading until it's fixed.

Then i do hope they won´t listen to you...

Yes trading "costs" a fee, but if you look at the pop and culture u will need to have all good buildings yourself, it will go really slow for you my friend ...

Even with the fee it´s still A LOT better to only produce your boosted goods, and then trade the rest. Yes u pay 50% more for your goods , but you will quickly produce 100% (even200%) more of boosted goods then non-boosted..

DeletedUser782

Personally, I think discussions of a guide within it's same thread should be minimal. Comments that mention things that are clearly wrong, such as a specific cost, or mention things that are missing may serve to improve the guide but ultimately it is the author that decides if the additions or changes should be made.

If someone makes a comment that disagrees with the information in the guide and is not satisfied with the end result, they are free to write their own guide or even a thread directing errata to the original guide, but I think commenting on any single issue in the guide should be limited to 1 comment. Once it becomes a debate, it detracts from the original purpose which is to provide a guide from the perspective of the author.

My opinion, there are some decent tips here on getting started, I would like to see the author follow up with either an update or an alternate guide, showing their current opinion of what makes the most sense to them. :)

Deleted User - 50840

You raise some good points Wee-Lamm :) Unfortunately the author has become an inactive.

Deleted User - 13667

Trade-wise, you as the player need to make the judgement call. While wholesalers charge a much higher price for goods, it is always available And they will only ask for coins, supplies and your boosted goods.

Personally, i think its better to trade with other players. No doubt undiscovered players will result in additional 50% charge, it is still much cheaper than trading with wholesaler.

Battles
You have to choose your battles. Battles using your own units are much much cheaper than using negotiations. But troops takes time to build. Choose wisely. Note that there should mandatory quest demanding you build armories and barracks. You will be stuck with it unless you clear it. Not sure if the latest update will still cause 2 mandatory quests to be given at the same time. It will simply stop all you chances to get rewards from quests which are very useful at the early stages.

Hope this helps.

DeletedUser1875

Hi All. As a newcomer I have found this guide quite useful. I want to say about fighting: fighting is a good option for completing encounters when the goods asked for are more expensive. And I think it is a good idea to have a go early on. You can learn how to use your troops without too much loss in easy encounters so you will be prepared when you get further into the game. I was a bit unsure to start with as it seemed quite aggressive for a peace loving game, but I realised you are not fighting other settlers but those creatures and bandits that make settling more difficult. I had a go and it was not as difficult as I thought.

DeletedUser

A word how to use neighborly help:
When you visit a city that you have discovered on the world map, use the hands icon below their player name to enter the help menu.

In a recent update the "hands icon" has been moved to the bottom menu to the right of the world and home icons.

DeletedUser2315

Can someone tell me about the upgrades for builders hut. I noticed at one point there was an 'offer' to upgrade the hut for about 3 diamonds and as the seconds ticked down I believed something was going to happen once the time had stopped and didn't realise this was the time I had to take advantage of the upgrade. How can I make this happen again? What had I done in the first place... look forward to hearing some comments on this.
Cheers

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Actually, they offer the 3rd builder to beginners if they buy 500 diamonds. This offer last 1 week long and that's all. You can't make it happen again.
Out of this offer, you have to buy builders with diamonds.

DeletedUser3310

Thanks for the very nice guide, I'm new in the game and would like to know how the fight system works, I mean, fights for first provinces discovered was really so easy, then they become impossible at all, meaning I have built barracks and armory, upgraded them, trained soldiers, but the power of the soldiers are very low, my squadsize is still at 15 while opponents are at 75 and often they have 4 or 5 slots full. Currently I have barracks at lvl 3 and armory at lvl 4, but it change only the numbers of the simultaneously training, not the power.

Deleted User - 13667

Can someone tell me about the upgrades for builders hut. I noticed at one point there was an 'offer' to upgrade the hut for about 3 diamonds and as the seconds ticked down I believed something was going to happen once the time had stopped and didn't realise this was the time I had to take advantage of the upgrade. How can I make this happen again? What had I done in the first place... look forward to hearing some comments on this.
Cheers
point of advise: Directly taken from Disney Pictures "Frozen" - Let it go:D

DeletedUser441

Stick to fair trades as the game suggests . That is 2 star trades , always . Never trade with players you have not discovered as the fees are excessive. So get out there and start scouting people. The more players you discover then the more trading partners you will have.

DeletedUser3688

What technologies do i need to research in order to ungrade my amouries?

DeletedUser3097

What technologies do i need to research in order to ungrade my amouries?

Hi Geladriel,

There are 6 different technologies for upgrading your armory:

Chapter 2- Advanced Armory
Chapter 4- Superior Armory
Chapter 6- Dwarven Style Armory
Chapter 7- Fairy Style Armory
Chapter 8- Armory (Breeding Grounds)
Chapter 10- Sorcerer's Style Armory (Breeding Grounds)

You might find this Wiki page useful:

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Armory

Hope this helps :)

DeletedUser3688

Wiki wasn't working before that's why i asked here. I thought there might have been an upgrade in chapter 9. Oh weel have to wait a little longer. Thanks heaps.