• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Tips for completing events

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3097

AVOID ACCIDENTAL CLICKS

• You can avoid accidentally collecting finished production by disconnecting the building from the Main Hall.
COLLECTING
  • Before you collect anything, check the next quests just in case you might require what you're about to collect.
  • When collecting for the current quest, only collect the exact number required.
KNOWLEDGE POINTS
  • With quests to buy KP or complete encounters, it is typically faster to buy the KP.
  • Use an inspiring meditation spell in preparation for quests requiring you to spend more than 10 KP.
PRODUCE X
  • If you have the space, build extra level 1 workshops to use for quests such as "Produce Basket of Groceries 5 times
  • If you have space, build extra level 1 factories of your Tier I boosted good (Steel/Marble/Planks) to help with quests such as "Produce 3 Elegant Furnace"
RELICS
  • You can get easy (and cheap) relics through tournaments, no matter if you fight or cater. You can also sometimes get some more relics in the 3 chests you get each day when you help neighbours.
PROVISIONS OF POWER
  • If you enter your magic academy just before the first spell completes and wait until it does, that will free one slot to start a 3rd spell without taking any... so you can prepare 3 provisions of power spells ahead with only 2 slots.
PREPARE IN ADVANCE
  • Read spoilers so that you know when time-consuming tasks are coming up and start the production ahead of time. For example, you could produce 3 Elegant Furnace and simply not collect until you get the quest.
  • If you have someone in your fellowship that has a city in Beta World get a list, number it and write it down.
  • Train units ahead of time and simply do not collect until you get a "Train X units" quest.
  • Produce Power of Provision spells in the Magic Academy ahead of time, if you do not wish to rely on luck to get them from giving help to other players, and do not collect them until you need them for a quest.
  • Start your scout some time before requested if he needs days to complete.
  • Even without spoilers quests often occur in similar groups that increase in length. For example if you start to get collect x 5 min production from workshop it is likely the next few quests will be from the workshop asking for 15 min, 9 hr then 1 day. Same for tier 1 boosted goods. So if you start to see these expect some longer production quests to follow.
QUESTS WITH A CHOICE OF TASKS

• The quests with an option display your status for the one you are closest to finishing based on a % completion. So it is possible the option you are working on is not displayed as it is not as close to completion as the other option. Specifically occurred in the Summer Solstice event.

• If the quest asks you to buy 10 knowledge points OR earn them in the provinces, pick one and stick to it - you cannot buy 5 and negotiate or fight 5.
UPGRADING TASKS
  • When you get a quest to upgrade X buildings to level Y, it's best to build and upgrade marble factories, as they take the least space, time and population (at least until level 5). Elves can use planks factories too for such quests.
PREVIOUS EVENTS

contributions by shadowblack, tonton-des-bois, gandolfus, Lady Woodland, Mykan

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

IF you have the space:
- build extra level 1 workshops to use for quests such as "Produce Basket of Groceries 5 times"
- build extra level 1 manufactories of your Tier I boosted good (Steel/Marble/Planks) to help with quests such as "Produce 3 Elegant Furnace"
- related to the above 2, read spoilers so that you would know when time-consuming tasks are coming up and start the production ahead of time. For example, you could produce 3 Elegant Furnace and simply not collect until you get the quest
- related to the above, you can avoid accidentally collecting finished production by disconnecting the buiding from the Main Hall
- when you get a quest to upgrade X buildings to level Y it's best to build and upgrade Marble Manufactories, as they take the least space, time and population (at least until level 5). Elves can use Planks manufactories too for such quests
- you can train units ahead of time and simply not collect until you get a "Train X units" quest
- same with the Power of Provision spells in the Magicless Academy, if you do not wish to rely on luck to get them from giving help to other players - produce them ahead of time and do not collect until you need them for a quest
- Pray to the gods of Elvanar that there will be no "Research a technology" quest right when you are at the end of a chapter and are tech-locked (either due to having to collect a ton of guest race-specific goods, or due to not having enough completed provinces for next chapter, or due to not enough Mana)

DeletedUser3097

Thanks shadowblack- a super quick reply! I'll add your suggestions later. :)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
shadowblack made a nice compilation... my 2 pences :

- Scouting : if he needs days to complete, start your scout some times before requested... around rank 100th and with more than 300 provinces cleared, I need 2D 3h for scouting a new one...
- Relics : you can get easily (and cheaply) relics through tournaments, no matter you fight or cater... You can also sometimes get some more relics in the 3 chests you got each day you help.
- Spells : if you enter your magic academy just before the first spell completes and wait until it does, that will free one slot to start a 3rd spell without taking any... so you can prepare 3 Pop ahead with only 2 slots... You can also sometimes get 1 more spell in the 3 chests you got each day you help.
- Collecting : Before to do anything, check next quests just in case one would require what you're about to collect.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3034

- Collecting : Before to do anything, check next quests just in case one would require what you're about to collect.

Taking this a step farther. Only collect enough to fulfull the current quest. Check and then proceed. I've kicked myself for this a few times.

DeletedUser1453

If you have someone in your FS that has a city in Beta World get a list, number it and write it down.

the quest asks you to buy 10 kp or earn them in the provinces, pick one and stick to it - you cannot buy 5 and negotiate or fight 5. I don't think you can change from regular provinces to tourney ones either halfway through. (but I could be mistaken)

If you really get stuck on a production (say you plan but accidently collect) in a pinch if it saves a 2 day wait you can use a few diamonds to finish the build (about 120 last time I needed to collect 24hr plank production)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
[...]the quest asks you to buy 10 kp or earn them in the provinces, pick one and stick to it - you cannot buy 5 and negotiate or fight 5. I don't think you can change from regular provinces to tourney ones either halfway through. (but I could be mistaken)[...]
Can anyone confirm this?
I confirm it's a mistake :p : KPs are KPs, no matter how you collect them but some quests are giving the choice between earning KPs or solving encounters (or betweeen scouting and producing spells)... in those cases, you need to complete at least one full request of the two, no mix possible...

And of course "wining encounters" is not "solving encounters" and encounters are not tournament battles... each word counts. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DeletedUser1829

The quests with an option display your status for the one you are closest to finishing based on a % completion. So it is possible the option you are working on is not displayed as it is not as close to completion as the other option. Specifically occurred in summer solstice.

Even without spoilers quests often occur in similar groups that increase in length. For example if you start to get collect x 5 min production from workshop it is likely the next few quests will be from the workshop asking for 15 min, 9 hr then 1 day. Same for tier 1 boosted goods. So if you start to see these expect some longer production quests to follow.

Quests to buy KP or complete encounters are typically faster to buy the KP.

Use an inspiring meditation in preparation for quests requiring you to spend more than 10 KP

DeletedUser3727

shadowblack made a nice compilation... my 2 pences :

- Scouting : if he needs days to complete, start your scout some times before requested... around rank 100th and with more than 300 provinces cleared, I need 2D 3h for scouting a new one...
- Relics : you can get easily (and cheaply) relics through tournaments, no matter you fight or cater... You can also sometimes get some more relics in the 3 chests you got each day you help.
- Spells : if you enter your magic academy just before the first spell completes and wait until it does, that will free one slot to start a 3rd spell without taking any... so you can prepare 3 Pop ahead with only 2 slots... You can also sometimes get 1 more spell in the 3 chests you got each day you help.
What are decorative pillars?

Status
Not open for further replies.