• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Time traveler's lodge

Monohr

Spellcaster
I'll start by saying I always associated the Spire of Eternity with time traveling, because of the name I guess.
I'm an active player who can finish the spire quite fast and find it easy. I think there are ways to improve it for players like me. Here I'll present one I came up with.

Time traveler's lodge
A very hybrid building, with characteristics of an evolving building, ancient wonder and workshop/residence.

You first get the building from the top of the spire. After that you'd get artifact to activate the time traveler's mini event.
building base.jpg

Benefits: Because it's a long term thing it should start with very low benefits (50 population, 50 culture) and increasing like a normal building.

Footprint: starting at 2x2 tiles like a residence for example. Then, everytime you complete the event, the building will level up. After every 5th levels the footprint will increase. 2x3, 3x3, 4x3 etc. So after 21 weeks it can reach a 4x4 tiles footprint.
I guess it should be capped at about 7x7 tiles, it gets too big. That can be reached after 51 weeks.

It's time traveling so anything can happen
* these will change when the artifact is used and only lasts max 7 days to prevent farming

* Production/24H: based on player's chapter and building level
1. one random good (boosted or not)
2. one discovered resource (mana, seeds, orcs, etc)

* Bonus effect: one random effect like an ancient wonder. Low, fixed percentages or scaling with building level. For example, 5% troop production boots, 5% mage damage, 5% goods production, 10% magical manfacturing duration, etc, you get it.

* The mini event: using the artifact will activate one random type of event. It will run until the next spire of eternity reappears. So the sooner players will finish the spire, the more time they'll have for the quests, giving them a bit of running out of time thrill.
very easy: quests like the rotating ones​
easy: monthly event like quests​
moderate: workshop challenge inspired, where you get points. The more points you get the higher probability you get quality rewards​
hard: fellowship adventure format, where you have to get a lot of badges and stuff​
This event, being a progression of the spire, the amount of goods spent should reflect that.
Mini event rewards: there should be some quite good rewards. Also a way to get more blueprints, royal restorations and artifacts. One random reward from each number, with decreasing probability 1-4
permanent: time boosts, relics - 100%​
1: runes/rune shards or AW KP - 80%​
2: enchantments or instants (coins, supplies, troops), sips of clarity - 50%​
3: royal restoration or awesome culture building, pet food - 30%​
4: blueprint or artifact (plain or sorcery form), genie - 15%​
building hover panel.jpg
position.jpg

As you can see the productions and effects are quite low impacting compared to the progressive difficulty of the event. The main focus being on another way to obtain royal restorations, blueprints, artifacts and genies.
Didn't bother to make a big table with all the levels, benefits, costs etc because it gets vastly complicated and balancing even more so. For now being a suggestion should be good.

I think it would be a nice addition. And I hope I got my point across so you understand it.

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
+1 from me too.
I sometimes race to the top of the spire to use up the last few hours of booster buildings.
Get to the top and then, now what? Done for the rest of the week.....
I'd enjoy an add-on event/challenge after the spire.

Alcaro

Necromancer
* The mini event: using the artifact will activate one random type of event. It will run until the next spire of eternity reappears. So the sooner players will finish the spire, the more time they'll have for the quests, giving them a bit of running out of time thrill.
All sounds nice and we might need something like this after ch.20
I have a question - what about the players who have 0 cooldown and doing 2 tournaments and 2 Spire with same military boost and only one petfood on polar bear - there's always a week when both are done late Friday, before the Spire ends. Will this be a problem for them?

Monohr

Spellcaster
All sounds nice and we might need something like this after ch.20
I have a question - what about the players who have 0 cooldown and doing 2 tournaments and 2 Spire with same military boost and only one petfood on polar bear - there's always a week when both are done late Friday, before the Spire ends. Will this be a problem for them?
that's true. Forgot about that cooldown because I don't have it. It is very effective indeed, but to be honest that whole trick it's a bit over the top...

It would be a problem of course because players need to complete the spire on sunday/monday so they have time until the next sunday to finish the event, every week..

Playing that way with 100% CD would cut upgrading time traveler's lodge in half. But anyway, players would still benefit from the bonus effect and production/24h. Those last 7 day.

Monohr

Spellcaster
oh wait you said you finish late friday. Then you still have time to complete that event until the next spire appears. Now it comes to how hard it is to complete it, if you can or not.