• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spells Time reduction improvement

Hekata

Artisan
Since we seem to be getting less time instants (mostly what we can get from the spire or crafting) I think it would be great if instead of having individual time boosters we could get a cumulative effect. So we'd still win/craft the usual 15 min /2 hours / 5 hours/ 8 hours /14 hours etc boosters but instead of having them as individual instants we'd have 1 permanent instant to which time would be added or from which it would be reduced.

For instance: I win 5 x 5 hours boosters. What I see in my inventory is one 25 hours booster. Then I want to speed up my troops production, that's 3h 30min. I click on the green time button to finish my troops and 3,5 hours get reduced from my 25 hours leaving me with 21 hours and 30 minutes.

This would have 2 benefits: 1. no time reduction is wasted. 2. our inventory is less cluttered (and it's starting to be very much so with these new troops instants showing up).

Pauly7

Magus
I think it would be a great idea, but I can't help, but think they make that more tricky on purpose, for the same reason we have to pick from specific production times on manufactories and workshops.

Hekata

Artisan
Yes, I'm sure they are doing it on purpose, since this way you can't actually use the booster as much as you'd want to. No one is going to use an 8h booster if they need 3 for a troop collection. But I figured it's wroth asking for. Not that anyone seems to read these suggestions. Did we ever get a reply whether any of our suggestions here are being considered, or even if they are dismissed?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
On the Beta forum suggestions are often put to a poll of players, and if they get enough votes they are considered by the devs. I have even seen a few get implemented, but at least you get a reply for most of them if they aren't a priority. I'd consider opening a beta forum account and posting there if you want a better chance of changing things.

Pauly7

Magus
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't always actually ask for our feedback. This Ideas & Suggestions section is set up for that exact purpose.

I've given up expecting it at least, after 3 years, but I still find it odd.

m4rt1n

Adept
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't always actually ask for our feedback. This Ideas & Suggestions section is set up for that exact purpose.

I've given up expecting it at least, after 3 years, but I still find it odd.

Maybe they reply on the German forum feedback section, I'd be interested to know as Inno is based in Hamburg.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@m4rt1n Not quite sure where the thought of only the German Forum providing answers?
Our Beta forum is best placed for the more radical game changes due to the nature of this being the test platform prior to anything getting to our live worlds.
We do though monitor the idea's here and they are passed on as part of how we work with our players to keep improving the gaming experience.
As you know our developers are currently working on the new chapter and this is the main focus at the moment, once that is completed the focus will move back to making improvements to the existing aspects of the game.

Hekata

Artisan
On the Beta forum suggestions are often put to a poll of players, and if they get enough votes they are considered by the devs. I have even seen a few get implemented, but at least you get a reply for most of them if they aren't a priority. I'd consider opening a beta forum account and posting there if you want a better chance of changing things.
I have noticed the polls on Beta and that ideas get addressed more often than here. I have been tempted to get an account there but I know myself; if I make a city on Beta just for the forum I'll end up playing there too and I find that the 2 cities I have are already too much. Actually that's how I ended up with 2 cities: I was so bored during the tedious orcs chapter (that was before time boosters and PPs) that I started another one. It was supposed to a city I'll develop just as long as my main one is in orcs but then I couldn't get myself to delete it although I feel like it's sucking too much of my time. Maybe if I decide to delete my second city here I'll start one on beta.

Hekata

Artisan
I have to say guys, the timing variants are very much deliberate in the Time Reduction spells, to add another layer to the game when it comes to strategy.
Yes, I understood that originally it was deliberate, but since it seems we will be getting much less time boosters, I thought it would be nice if at least we could make the most of those we get :)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Yeah, to finish that 49h building, 2 hours left, bedtime... "come on... finish up already, booster" done... okay, next level, 50h left!

I boost a ton of army tho, so those platoon spells are okay too :)