• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Time limited buildings - space

Badger Guardian

Adventurer
I’m not sure if this has been suggested before but I’m here again wondering about how to manage the never ending problem of space.
some of the buildings awarded as prizes are time-limited, I.e. expire of their benefits after a number of days such as carting library, Ferris wheel and others. My question is would it be possible to make them obvious that they are no longer producing maybe by showing a cross or changing colour so that they would stand out and could be removed from the city.
I ask this as I recently removed something that was amongst other buildings and had been sitting there taking up valuable space.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Badger Guardian I know this is something that a few players would like however, an idea for a visual was shot down a bit by the community because some players use a lot of Expiring Buildings and didn't want either a bunch of greyed out buildings, or expired signs, so if you can think of any other ways we can approach this that would be welcomed by other players, i'll forward it onto the Team :)

I know in the meantime a lot of Players use a third party site to find them, and expel them :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Julian

Sorcerer
One possibility would be for a cross or something to appear when the building first expires. You can then click on the building to acknowledge and the cross goes away. You can then either delete the building or keep it.

Pauly7

Magus
I'm the other way. I'm not happy if their appearance does change. There's some that don't matter, like the military temp buildings, and ironically they are the ones that look exactly the same as when they were active. The one I was most upset about was the Moon Mirror. That was one of the premium buildings that increase event currency, like the outposts (back when they were more inventive). I paid the £5 for that one just because I thought it looked so cool. Then, as soon as the event finished they just switched it off so the cool animation disappeared.

Badger Guardian

Adventurer
Ok some interesting comments there. I like the idea of a cross or even ‘RIP’ above like the Zzz. Pauly you mentioned the military temp building and that was the type of building I meant. I found one buried amongst a crowd of other buildings and had no idea it had expired. Why do some players want to keep them? as space is such a big problem with this game, especially as you progress through the chapters and the portals and their related buildings get so large and you need so many of them

Pauly7

Magus
Why do some players want to keep them?
I haven't heard about people wanting to keep these, although if someone said they provided some leafy decoration I'd believe them.

I often do keep them for a little while, but I only keep them there as an extra "bank balance" so that I can sell them once the coins and supplies run low. DAs in particularly repay loads when you sell them.

Sir Derf

Adept
Or, INNO could add the dreaded game setting, to enable/disable an "expired building" animated indicator, thus pleasing both sides, those who want the indicator and those who don't.

Gargon667

Mentor
Ok some interesting comments there. I like the idea of a cross or even ‘RIP’ above like the Zzz. Pauly you mentioned the military temp building and that was the type of building I meant. I found one buried amongst a crowd of other buildings and had no idea it had expired. Why do some players want to keep them? as space is such a big problem with this game, especially as you progress through the chapters and the portals and their related buildings get so large and you need so many of them

They are worth quite a lot of gold and supplies for selling, so people use them as a kind of extra storage of those 2 resources, for whatever purpose (spire, tourney, troop boosting, expensive upgrades,...). I personally keep them for the gold to make money bags during the FA :) and when doing so I use the supplies to boost troops at the same time. Not sure how many of those I have right now waiting for the start, maybe 30 or 40 of them?

Also space is not an issue for everybody, my city is usually half empty between FAs with nothing to build on the space... I even started keeping the silly upgraded T1 factories in between FAs, so I don´t have to waste as many teleports...It all depends on how you play the game.

Badger Guardian

Adventurer
Yet again this seems to depend on how people play. Personally I have no problem getting coins in FA as I’ve so many dead accounts in my world and I gather loads and loads of coins every day. I prefer to have the space they take up being used by an active building. We have the option in the game to be a fighter or negotiator it would just be nice to have the option to remove dead buildings with easy identification and if some players didn’t want it they could choose to do so :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes, I have sold buildings for the FA coin badge, seems any source of coins counts for that one from my experience.

However I normally end each FA with an excess of about 100+ of those badges as I help each neighbour every day using the app for 5 mins a day to fill coins and exploit the wholesaler. (About to complete circle 17)

The Moon Mirror I also paid for as it was so aesthetically beautiful I wanted it in my city. I have not bought a singe thing since as it was so disappointing when the animation stopped I decided to stop paying for things.

Last edited: