• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered time change question #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4149

WILL YOU NOTIFY US THE NEXT TIME YOU PLAN TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS? keep in mind that us americans that have a different day when we set our clocks back. this whole world doesn't run on the UK or the EU's time standards.

The EN server (Elvenar International) has been on UK time since it first started. With the change to daylight saving time, the hour was also changed here on EN, which was on 31 March indeed.

However, the Tournaments - which I believe you are referring to here - are scheduled in a different system, based on UTC (don't ask why, it's just the way it is). That also means that, if we want to make sure that the Tournaments start at the same time (actual time, not UTC), we have to reflect that change in the system that schedules the Tournaments to be "off" by 1 hour for the duration of the daylight saving time. It turned out that this correction already started 1 week early, meaning that one single Tournament (the Steel Tournament that started on 26 March) both started and ended 1 hour earlier than what could have been expected.

We thought that this would not cause any major issues, but it turned out that we were wrong, judging from the feedback we received not only on Elvenar International, but also on our other language versions. We now know how important these times are to our community, and will keep that in mind for the future. Our apologies that we had not adjusted it for that one Steel Tournament in March.

you mean if you want them to start at the same time for UK players, not americans like me who had day light savings at a different time and were invited to this server by using our flag as part of its symbol. please don't forget that you have customers in the land of the free too.
i won't ask why but there seems to be a flaw in using UTC and UK time on the same server.
also part of the problem was not telling us that you planned on changing your clocks in the first place. you obviously knew in advance that a time change was coming. i had no way of expecting you to change both your clocks for the year and to a pattern different from previous years.
i also still don't think your information is totally correct. mana decay times changed from 10pm to 9pm and back to 10pm all during march and april for me this year. i am sure of this. now that some of our goods are decaying, i reset my trades almost every day after the decay time. that's how i realized the clocks were messed up in the first place.

again, the thread some of our questions were posted on was marked answered. but i feel like many things were left unanswered or were answered incorrectly.

ALL I REALLY WANTED TO HEAR IS THAT SOMEONE FROM ELVENAR WILL TRY TO NOTIFY US THE NEXT TIME THEY DECIDE TO CHANGE THEIR CLOCKS, whether it's according to EU, UTC, UK time or whatever. this is an international server w/ more than just europeans playing here. if there is another time change without any advance notification, then there will be 2 tournaments that are messed up this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
No, that won't be announced, sorry, because for a game like Elvenar it is mostly irrelevant. The game works with countdown timers, rather than real time in the vast majority of cases. Even for the Tournaments a countdown timer will tell you exactly how long it takes until the next Tournament, and during a Tournament until its end time.

Status
Not open for further replies.