• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered time change question #2

DeletedUser4149

will anyone from elvenar even acknowledge the fact that they did shorten the tournament during the last steel tournament?
it seems like they are in denial that they made an error or they are trying to make those of us that were aware of this seem like we are hallucinating or just making this up. a few other players on the threads "time change" in both the suggestions and questions section of this form witnesses this. no official person attempted to answer my question but someone did take the time to label it "answered" for some reason other than looking up the facts behind the situation. those that attempted to answer this question when i posted it on facebook are obviously oblivious to this situation also.

if they are not aware of their mistake, then there is a chance this error can happen again.
it would at least be nice to know they someone w/ some authority asked them to try and notify us the next time they do change their clocks, whether they do according to german time, EU standards, or for whatever strange reason they had to change them the last time.

please see the thread titled "notification please" in the ideas and suggestions section of the forum and the thread titled"
time change?" in this questions and help section and you will find evidence that other players witnessed this besides me. again, it appears that elvenar isn't even aware that there was a mistake made by changing their clocks.

The steel tourney was definitely 1 hour shorter, I was going for a high score, so started at the very beginning and it was 6pm UK. The time change seemed to happen mid tournament, so instead of ending at 9pm UK, it ended at 8pm UK.

How do you know the time switch had nothing to do with daylight savings?

Tourney started at 5pm UK time last week martin. Not the usual 6pm.

This caught me out as well. It would make sense to have the game servers on a single fixed time-zone year round, rather than making multiple adjustments throughout the year. I don't know why they don't do this.

It's nothing to do with other countries. As far as I know the clocks change at the same time now across the whole of Europe and they still made this adjustment a week in advance.

My guess is (and we all try to fill in the blanks as any message from the game devs these days seems as likely as pigs flying) that this was nothing to do with daylight saving / British Summertime, etc. As @m4rt1n says, they've never done this before so I imagine that it was just some unintentional screw up. For the vast majority of us it probably made little or no difference, but I can imagine it being annoying if you lost a tournament round because of it.

all i would like to hear is that they are aware that a mistake was made and will try to prevent future mistakes like this from happening again. this would be even better if they will inform us the next time they decide to change their clocks.

please don't accept denial as an answer.
it isn't likely that all of us experienced an event hat didn't happen

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3097

The Tournament in question started an hour earlier than the previous week and finished an hour earlier. It was the same length as we are used to.

The light-saving hours is something started way back in history and some parts of the world do it, others don't. Did you know that parts of some states in USA change their clocks but others don't...? In most of Europe they change in March and October but possibly this will change soon so this issue possibly may never reoccur.

Most areas in North America and Europe, and some areas in the Middle East, observe daylight saving time (DST), while most areas of Africa and Asia do not. In South America, most countries in the north of the continent near the equator do not observe DST, while Paraguay and southern parts of Brazil do. link

And, of course, different countries change their clocks at different times just to add to the mix.

m4rt1n

Adept
I think @Dizzy Lizzie the question is why has Inno changed its server times from UTC where they have been as long as I have played to UTC +1, as they have never done so in the past and it has caused some confusion.

DeletedUser5093

it seems like they are in denial that they made an error
This seems to be standard operating procedure whenever there's an error like this.

no official person attempted to answer my question but someone did take the time to label it "answered"
Sometimes there's no logic for why questions get labelled as "answered". My favourite example is when I asked a question and the only response was another player (not a staff member) responding "I don't know" and the question got labelled as answered within only a day or so of it first being posted. This meant it was effectively hidden, so someone who might actually know the answer would have been less likely to see it or post a response. When I asked for it to be changed back so as to give it a chance to be answered I was refused on the grounds that no-one knew the answer and I should instead ask players in-game. I thought that's what the Q&A board was for?

DeletedUser1829

I think @Dizzy Lizzie the question is why has Inno changed its server times from UTC where they have been as long as I have played to UTC +1, as they have never done so in the past and it has caused some confusion.

They have always adjusted for the daylight savings change, at least I have always noticed it every year since tournaments began. With my timezone and own countries daylight saving it can have a big impact on my tournament play.Basically I lose a round of play for 6 months (or gain one depending on how you look at it).

m4rt1n

Adept
They have always adjusted for the daylight savings change, at least I have always noticed it every year since tournaments began. With my timezone and own countries daylight saving it can have a big impact on my tournament play.Basically I lose a round of play for 6 months (or gain one depending on how you look at it).

In my years playing the tournament always started at 6pm winter time and 7pm summer time, now after this change it now starts at 6pm also in the summer time.

DeletedUser4149

so wouldn't it be fair to tell players that were invited on an international server that germany was changing their clocks?
besides, some of the players noticed that tournament times were changed before whenever folks in the EU changed them.
CAN SOMEONE MENTION TO INNO THAT A MISTAKE WAS MADE W/ THEIR CLOCKS SO THAT THEY CAN PREVENT UNEXPECTED TIME CHANGES IN THE FUTURE?

The Tournament in question started an hour earlier than the previous week and finished an hour earlier. It was the same length as we are used to.

The light-saving hours is something started way back in history and some parts of the world do it, others don't. Did you know that parts of some states in USA change their clocks but others don't...? In most of Europe they change in March and October but possibly this will change soon so this issue possibly may never reoccur.

Most areas in North America and Europe, and some areas in the Middle East, observe daylight saving time (DST), while most areas of Africa and Asia do not. In South America, most countries in the north of the continent near the equator do not observe DST, while Paraguay and southern parts of Brazil do. link

And, of course, different countries change their clocks at different times just to add to the mix.
so wouldn't it be fair to tell players that were invited on an international server that germany was changing their clocks?
besides, some of the players noticed that tournament times were changed before whenever folks in the EU changed them.
CAN SOMEONE MENTION TO INNO THAT A MISTAKE WAS MADE W/ THEIR CLOCKS SO THAT THEY CAN PREVENT UNEXPECTED TIME CHANGES IN THE FUTURE?

it seems very eurocentric of the game makers to expect everyone on an international server to know when germany or the EU changes their clocks and to do so without notifying their international players.

how is Inno going to prevent this issue from happening again if none of the moderators are willing to tell the game makers that a mistake was made?
i ran into denial and a stonewall on elvenar's facebook page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
If past experience is anything to go by you will not get anywhere complaining. The game makers just seem to do whatever they want whenever they want and the players just have to accept it. The attitude of the game makers is one of the reasons i vowed a couple of years ago to never to spend any real money on this game ever again.

DeletedUser4149

i think they might listen and i'm too stubborn to give up too easily.
better customer relations can improve their business. there is evidence of that in your comment.