• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered This game turned to crap

sarthicus

Dreamer
OK
So I am aggressive and rude! OK. Fine. I guess it's time for me to be aggressive somewhere else!
I've been a constant player on Elvenar for almost 3 years. It's not much for some, but it's 3 years still. And every now and then there were issues with loading the game, being slow, a.s.o. I never complained on this forum and always gave time. But you know what: my time is done here. I am not "the customer is always right" kinda guy, but hey, enough is enough. There are others who have no problems whatsoever with the game. Good for them. But there are others like me who have those problems and who are so sick and tired that they don't even bother to say anything at all. As an example, I have a friend who started playing the game at my suggestion and had the same constant problems and he doesn't play it anymore. Why? Exactly because of those issues I talked about. Go figure !
You came with all sorts of "solutions" and gave everyone the impression that you are gods and we are stupid. Guess what? I'm not buying it anymore. Told me to take steps other players mentioned in this thread. I took those steps. The result was the same, read my posts!!! I don't think it's my job as a player to always waste my time in search of "solutions"!!! Neither to be "scolded" like a stupid child or ridiculed by people whose jobs are to fix problems not to put the blame on players, bandwidth, machines, etc... And after all that , I am "aggressive"? Really? But, wouldn't be fair and square though to take your time (as I did as a player) and see what the problems are instead of telling me how smart you are and how aggressive I am???
Yes, you can close, delete ..whatever u want to do with this thread. It's useless as long as I am "aggressive and rude" and you are "...busy doing nothing".
Out

Laurelin

Sorcerer
[...] I have my home connection, it runs on 12,52 Mbps on download and 20,06 upload.

@sarthicus : This part of your post seems a bit strange to me. Are you sure you are quoting the upload and download speeds the right way round? It's very unusual for upload speed to exceed download speed; in fact, you'll normally find that your download speed is significantly higher than your upload speed, and should, generally speaking, run quite close to your maximum broadband capacity (depending on Net congestion, of course - which can be unusually bad at present, because there are still so many extra people online at home, but ISPs still have to use the same infrastructure).

For reference: I'm not experiencing any slowdown in the game (well, no more than randomly occurs for short time periods in all online games, when servers and/or local Net hardware happen to be a bit overloaded - nothing special, in other words, and nothing which started along with the Anniversary Event). I also have the UK Virgin Media 200 Mb/sec broadband service which has been mentioned in this thread (although it's currently limited to 100 Mb/s because my primary Ethernet cable is so old that it's below the required CAT5 standard - but that's my problem, of course!).

I've just run a standard upload/download test on https://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/ - while logged in to Elvenar - and I'm actually getting a slightly better than average result: 92.04 MB/s download and 17.87 Mb/s upload, with a ping of 27 ms (not too bad for a test server located ~120 miles away from me). This kind of ratio is what I'd expect any high-quality broadband to feature (regardless of what the actual download speed is; the up/down ratio is about average, at between 1:5 and 1:6). And should you wonder why this happens, here's a good explanation:

"Home broadband upload speeds are generally much slower than download speeds. The reason for this is that we typically do far more downloading than uploading, so downloading is given priority by the ISPs (which regulate how their networks deal with the various types of internet traffic)."
- Source: https://www.broadbandgenie.co.uk/br...nd-upload-speed-download-speed-and-speed-test

If you've quoted your download/upload speeds correctly, methinks there probably IS something up with your Net connection, regardless of how expensive (or not!) your PC/laptop may be. Even if you've reversed your download and upload speeds, you're still getting either a very fast upload speed - or there is a problem with your download speed. Have you contacted your ISP about this? I'd think that would be the best place to start.

Hope this helps.

DeletedUser2280

Funny how the gameplay speed has suddenly returned to normal! Nothing to do with any server problems that have been going around for the last week or so (ie since the anniversary event started?)
But Hey! You forum mods would already know that seeing as how you are all "employed" to keep us all up to date on this forum. Or is the forum little more than a keep 'em happy front (or an affront more like lol)?
READ WHAT SARTHICUS IS SAYING, AND READ WHAT I AM SAYING.
We are experiencing serious gameplay slowdown issues that DO NOT affect anything else we do on our devices.

Laurelin, my virgin media is the latest Hub and is hardwired on a CAT6 ethernet and an ofcom speed test returns ...

• Download 214.7 Mbps
  • Upload 20.7 Mbps
  • Data delay 14.2 ms​
So when I read posts by forum mods telling ppl to try clearing their cache or switch their device off and on again it really does make my blood boil. As it does Sarthicus too.
A tech solution should only come from a tech advisor, not a forum mod!
This is a bug reporting part of the forum, and the only ppl who should offer any advice here should be tech only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurelin

Sorcerer
[...] But Hey! You forum mods would already know that seeing as how you are all "employed" to keep us all up to date on this forum. [...] Laurelin [...] A tech solution should only come from a tech advisor, not a forum mod! This is a bug reporting part of the forum, and the only ppl who should offer any advice here should be tech only.
@whiskeyman : Just for clarity (since your reply is a little confusing to me?) - I'm not a Forum Mod or other InnoGames employee, just a player like yourself. I no longer work, due to ill-health, but the years I did spend working in IT have left me with the habit of trying, where I can, to respond to tech-related question on open Forums. Since I (and others) can post here without any restrictions, I can only assume that this Forum is intended for the use of the Forum's general membership. However, if you would prefer to discuss your technical problems with InnoGames Tech Support, here is the URL (as found in-game under Settings): https://support.innogames.com/kb/onyx/en_US

I have been following these Forums for a couple of years now, and to my knowledge, there is no dedicated 'Tech Support Only' Forum.

Hope this helps.

DeletedUser2280

Yea I know you are not a mod or tech or employee Laurelin, I was just replying about the broadband speed test using your post as a reference, I had mentioned it in an earlier post so brought the whole speed issue up again to make the point that speeds and devices were not the issue here.
It is the fact that the gameplay is slowed down, since the anniversary event started, until earlier on Saturday, and in previous events too.
Slowed down on different servers and the problem affects some, maybe just a few, but not all gamers. But the problem does exist.
Inno even admit on facebook having server downtime because of problems and ppl complain about login failure lasting hours.
Historically, we have had this issues many times including a fellowship tourney that they abandoned after day one started, a rollback, a weekly that was cancelled. And that's me just thinking off the top of my head. the amount of times gameplay slows down when certain events commence is almost pathetic now.
It should not happen.
Why have a beta world if this nonsense is still occurring? I thought the whole point of beta testing is to iron out gameplay issues before they go live?
And why has this thread been moved from Bug reporting? If gameplay serious slowdown ain't a bug, what is?
Go on any MMORPG, absolutely anything that involves live gameplay and believe me, gameplay slowdown is the worst thing any game company wants.

DeletedUser4149

i got a little burned out on this game after 3 years too. you might just need a break from it.

Pauly7

Magus
A tech solution should only come from a tech advisor, not a forum mod!
This is a bug reporting part of the forum, and the only ppl who should offer any advice here should be tech only.
The point is that this is a forum where people come to discuss ideas, issues, and all sorts of stuff. Most people replying on the forum are players like you. There are forum moderators and their job is mostly to 'moderate' the content that is being posted, as well as (I like to hope) giving feedback to the actual devs.

These forums are never even visited by the game developers or anybody employed to solve technical issues. If you have a serious problem that you want responded to only by these people then you should contact Support, not post it here, as has been mentioned already. To get so angry with other forum users, (or even forum moderators) does not help anyone.

Bug reporting is not necessarily the same as wanting to solve serious technical issues that require immediate action.

DeletedUser

@whiskeyman, after pondering the way I am addressed in your post here and in your response to my PM message to you, please kindly take note of my response here:
1. Funny how the gameplay speed has suddenly returned to normal!
->
I am happy for you if it has returned to normal for you
2. Nothing to do with any server problems that have been going around for the last week or so (ie since the anniversary event started?)
->
There is no correlation between the server issue & the lag you experienced on your game
3. But Hey! You forum mods would already know that seeing as how you are all "employed" to keep us all up to date on this forum.
-> Forum moderators are trained to follow precise steps for verifying internally, malfunction/bug information coming in via the "Bug Reporting section" to & from the tech team. Forum moderators are players who freely contribute their time to the forum & its users.
4. Or is the forum little more than a keep 'em happy front (or an affront more like lol)?
-> The forum has close to five thousand active users, with an average of 1 post every 8 minutes on peak days, 18 visits per hour (not all users post)
5. READ WHAT SARTHICUS IS SAYING, AND READ WHAT I AM SAYING.
-> I read all posts on the forum, it is my "job", so I have read those of both of you gentlemen
6. We are experiencing serious gameplay slowdown issues that DO NOT affect anything else we do on our devices.
->
This has been the subject of discussion from the start of the thread. "We" being yourself & @sarthicus.
7. So when I read posts by forum mods telling ppl to try clearing their cache or switch their device off and on again it really does make my blood boil.
-> A total of 8 posts offering solutions to you were from players & forum moderators (who are also players)
8. This is a bug reporting part of the forum,
-> This is the "Questions & Help" section of the forum. After verifying the issue, I moved the thread here (please take a look at my post above, on Thursday at 9:54 a.m)
9 and the only ppl who should offer any advice here should be tech only.
-> I repeat : Forum moderators are trained to follow precise steps for verifying internally, malfunction/bug information coming in via the "Bug Reporting section" to & from the tech team.

DeletedUser

The point is (...)

@Pauly7 It wasn't intentional, I happened to be responding at the same time. Your post here is to the point and clear. I feel, without wanting to judge anyone, that our fellow player @whiskeyman is riled up and upset, which I can understand and feel sympathy for. I just wish he would not direct his anger at innocent people.

@whiskeyman, @sarthicus , In order to not hinder freedom of speech this thread will be open today to further responses, after which I will archive the thread, seeing as you seem to no longer be experiencing issues with the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

AstralSoul

Illusionist
From @Laurelin page:
Down 628.89 Mb/s
Up 590.29 Mb/s

Machine:
i7, 32 GB RAM, 1TB-SSD & 2x 500GB-SSD (non SATA) drives, 2GB Nvidia, military graded motherboard. Paid 500€ for it six years ago (hand-built tho)... so it is not "da bomb" of a machine.

The game most of the time runs very smoothly, except on (sometimes) FA, with 100 workshops... But a control+f5 refresh brings it back to speed. So, it's not the game.

I am not sure if it's legal to ping the server, but I am sure it will pong right away... Check your machine's performance, and active tasks... maybe you have a trojan the size of your head, and its leeching your bandwidth and CPU power, to crypto-mine for example. Some trojans now can infect your router (your whole internet speed.)

In case it helps!