• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

This game is backwards.

DeletedUser814

Hello pinkeye23,

It is not inevitable that pushing will happen, as the decision to push is an individual choice. It is important to consider that the ability to have more than one account in a world was originally allowed in Elvenar to allow players to experience both races in Arendyll before Elvenar International opened Winyandor on Friday 16th October 2015. However, I would agree that following the opening of Winyandor, the ability to have more than one account per world is an interesting discussion that should take place. :)

DeletedUser

I agree with Katwijk that there is little to be concerned about in regards to players abusing the option of having multiple accounts. While it is possible to push one or more accounts through 'dummy-accounts', such is a tremendous amount of work for most players to achieve without the use of macros or bots (which are strictly forbidden). In addition the only result of such abuse would be that a player manages to progress through the game at a (possibly considerably) quicker pace. In turn that also means they will reach the endgame sooner and it is likely for them to quit the game by getting bored because they have nothing left to do.

So apart from a player being ranked higher than they should be, there is nothing that can happen that actually affects other players. With two exceptions of course:
  • A multi-account user is less likely to interact with other players (regarding NH and trading) through any of their 'dummy-accounts'. This effectively classifies these accounts as equivalent to inactive neighbours and can thus be a real pain. This can really become an issue if these dummy-accounts have been created within a very short time frame as an entire neighbourhood could be comprised of them.
  • Should a multi-account user have reached the end-game and thus decide to quit. Then all their cities become inactive and will probably not be deleted as they will have progressed too far through the tech tree for most of them. Such could result in an entire neighbourhood of inactive cities that never disappear.
Those are my two cents...

P.S.: For those two exceptions to occur without the staff getting wind of it is really quite unlikely.

DeletedUser

I actually have 3 separate cities on the same world. I started to play this game as a single player and enjoyed it. I soon realised that I was far too dependant on others around me to gain the resources I needed.

I then joined a fellowship which made trading a little easier, but certain resources always seemed to be scarse. I would buy these resources up whenever I could...even if it meant paying over the top for them. Other fellowship members would then ask for said scarse resource and if I had a few thousand tucked away it put me in a difficult position.

I could either trade fairly and lose out personally...or ask for an inflated rate which would probably offend the person wanting to trade.

As a result of this I created my own fellowship with 3 accounts where I can now produce 8 of the 9 common resources.
I am not "pushing" any account and plodding along at my own pace enjoying the game.

Why folk seem to object to me doing this is beyond my comprehension. My most advanced account is still not in the top 600 for the server and I have no real interest in this stat.

DeletedUser

Why folk seem to object to me doing this is beyond my comprehension. My most advanced account is still not in the top 600 for the server and I have no real interest in this stat.
Considering this is a multiplayer online game - it's quite unusual to play multiple accounts in the manner you've described. In fact, it's quite a shame that you feel the need to do so - as it eliminates a large portion of the player interactivity we currently have. Thus turning this mmo into a single-player game with the optional social aspect of visiting and messaging neighbours or fellows.

While there is essentially nothing wrong with soloing in this game using one city, soloing to the point that you only need to trade amongst your own cities raises the question of why you play an mmo in the first place. It also begs the question as to why players such as yourself believe it be necessary or more enjoyable... And that is what has me concerned the most.

DeletedUser

Also, there's the very minor quibble that you may be denying your potential outside trading partners the advantages of your boosts. That said, you can easily pick up their trades, and perhaps you're already doing that.

I'm on the no harm, no foul side in this discussion. I've been in situations where my schedule was so irregular, and my objectives were so unusual, that "explaining" my actions to other folks would not have been worth the effort. I'd rather support "solo" play, than "force" such players into a Fellowship where they'd just be a lump.

DeletedUser

I feel the need to say here, that if people ask for goods in your fellowship, you are not obliged to supply them. If you need it yourself, don't trade it I'd say. If you are in a fellowship that's suited to you, you'll be better off rather than worse off. :)

DeletedUser

I don't want to be join a fellowship.
2 of 3 of my villages have no other traders than myself.
I bought diamonds on all 3 of my villages to financially support this game.

Why are folk complaining about my desire for self suffiency?

Last edited by a moderator: