• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

This game is backwards.

DeletedUser

Before I start I'm not beating on this game....I like playing and it has many good points but one aspect makes no sense to me at all.

Housing generates coin (and population)
Supplies building generates supplies.

Nothing wrong so far until it comes to quests.

By having supplies buildings and doing supplies related quests I earn 5 times more coin than my coin producing buildings.

On the flip side by earning coin and completing coin related quests I generate 5 times the supplies that I actually get from the building that is supposed to supply that resource.

I know this isn't game breaking but it makes no sense.

I think these quests should be scrapped. The output of the buildings should be increased so that they become the primary way in which a resource is generated and maybe throw in a few quests where by collecting X gold would reward a few goods/troops/ or knowledge points?

Comments always welcome.

Krysis

DeletedUser

Hi 5Scarrot.
My minor gripe is not to do with repeatable quests, but why quests completely devalue and over-ride the buildings that are supposed to produce said resources.

Greatest respect

Krysis

DeletedUser

The quest system is flawed to the point of stupidity. Haphazardly designed and totally dumb. Given a few MINUTES I would...

Design a questing SYSTEM that works.

Not a poorly flawed design we have now. I listened to the 2 elvenar guys on the last TV episode and thought they MUST have inhaled too much MAGIC DUST.
;)

DeletedUser358

On an off topic Krysis60...why do you have what looks like at least 4 accounts on the same server?

DeletedUser815

Hi NecroDee,

Please note that it is NOT against the rules to have multiple citys with the same account in Elvenar like in many other games. Even having those multiple citys in the same fellowship is allowed. Your question has been previously been answered here(click).

Also please note that any form of "pushing" is still against the rules as quoted below...

Pushing

Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player.
It is forbidden to create trades in any form (goods, Knowledge Points etc.) that involve multiple worlds.

Anyone interested in finding out more about the game rules can find them here(click).

DeletedUser358

Oh no, I know that.
So I can understand having one human city and one elven city so you can see how both races work.
I was just wondering as to the point of having that many accounts.

Deleted User - 13667

Hi 5Scarrot.
My minor gripe is not to do with repeatable quests, but why quests completely devalue and over-ride the buildings that are supposed to produce said resources.

Greatest respect

Krysis

By viewing the discussion, you should be able to see why the quests degenerate so much. Advance players have nothing left to do except become a resource cow for their fellowship or just keep negotiating during battles while they waited for the granites and coppers to fill.

In their bid to stop advance players from cashing in limitlessly on resources and the like, the resource rewards were removed and the rewards debuffed to the point of ROFL tiny morsels. However, this simply egged everyone on to do so otherwise especially :

1. Since the development of the game went in a completely off direction despite numerous feedback from the beta server and simply added to the others. Its already suspected to be so since a company has to plan ahead. But obviously, lessons are NOT learnt from their past mistakes. It keeps getting repeated. Perhaps after a much longer time later in the game would all these nitty gritty poor aspects merge into something good. :rolleyes:

2. Irrelevant graphics, sprites simply keep getting more and more, resulting in overall lagging while nothing much seems to be done to avert the situation:(

3. Outstanding issues not addressed after updates but rather seem to be piling up. :eek:

4. Despite all these, the feedback would have reached the ears and eyes of the programmers but acceptance and reasoning why the bad choices shall remain a mystery even to you after the corns have grown tall to cover the secret window pouring in feedbacks, ideas etc

There are still some exploits possible but only if...:D
Better make hay while the sun still shines ;)

Still somehow among the swamp of complaints, older players still keep coming back for more. It is just like people's insatiable need to get scared out of their wits or watch undead ciao down on their human counterparts on screen or watch Sly and Arnie suffer only to come back with a vengence (Press Like) :p

DeletedUser

The effect is being felt with a sale of Diamonds. If diamonds were being purchased then no sale would be needed.

Obviously the developers are NOT listening to their customers and they keep making the same mistakes....

They fix the map visiting problem then with another update they wreck visiting even worse than before and to compound the problem they release the same flawed update to the rest of the servers...

Beta server has massive problems.....BUT no sale of diamonds like this one....:p

Deleted User - 50840

I was just wondering as to the point of having that many accounts.
Hi NecroDee,
I think Krysis60 may be attempting to create an "ideal" fellowship.
few quests where by collecting X gold would reward a few goods/troops/ or knowledge points
Hi Krysis60,
I think that if something like your suggestion were to be implemented, then it WOULD be kind of "exploited" by some players who, for ex, has a lot of active neighbors who visits them. Those players can ask for and receive a LOT of main hall donations. Those donations would be usable to complete the quests you suggested and it may even be termed unfair by players lacking the same amount of active neighbors.

DeletedUser

There is a TON of Push accounts on elvenar, but the Mods are not doing anything about it. I saw one fellowship on another server with a one person fellowship with 25 accounts.....Was very obvious but the MOD did nothing. I had no proof....face palm...

Lots of Pushing accounts going on. If the duplicate accounts were removed from this game we would lose alot of fake accounts....:)

DeletedUser

I'm not nearly as alarmed as some folks want to be:
  1. Knowledge Points can't be transferred between accounts until you've researched the Ancient Wonders tech at the end of Chapter IV.
  2. Goods can be transferred at a value to value ratio of 4:1, so the push account would have to be developed AT LEAST far enough to generate 25% as many goods at the benefiting account.
There's perhaps something to be said for having enough accounts to cover all of the boosts, but that capability is available in most fellowships and some neighborhoods in any case.

Elvenar is very carefully not vulnerable to easy push transfers. If somebody wants to experiment with two or three different approaches to city building, rather than concentrating on the development of one city per world, I frankly don't see that as much of a problem.

DeletedUser

Really I dont care if they have 100 accounts all pushing One...None of my business..different strokes different folks...I break rules all the time....I wont tell if you dont....:)

And as for Elvenar being careful...hmmmm...funny.....they find it hard just producing an adequate financial model for supplies and coins....Repeatable quests is not careful....Bugs all over the place, they fix one 2 more pop up worse than before...at this rate our game should crash in a few more updates......lol

DeletedUser

Bugs all over the place, they fix one 2 more pop up worse than before.
bugsincode.png
Loading and response time bugs are ALWAYS tough to isolate, and I suspect that part of the problem is that Elvenar is growing MUCH faster than the developers anticipated. That's a nice problem to have, but it's still a problem.

My alltime favorite bug was in a sortation application. To cut to the chase, the bug turned out to be a wrap around buffer that had been sized at 10*4=40 rather than the intended 10^4=1000.

The system ALWAYS worked, no matter how carefully we tested it, but as soon as we loaded a lot of boxes onto the conveyor, more than half of them would sail right past their station, while the rest were "mostly" going to the right stations.

As soon as we got MORE than 40 boxes in the system, the first box went where the FORTY first box should have gone, unless it was already past that station in which case it whiffed.

Load related bugs are VERY difficult to replicate and fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1175

I think once you have a second or third or more accounts, it is inevetable that pushing WILL happen. The temptation is far to great, and is all to easy to post an unfair trade and pick it up with your other account. I agree that you should be limited to one account per world, if you want to experience the other race then start a new village in the other world.