• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Things you didn't know about Event Buildings...

DeletedUser3097

As we end another event, I thought it would be useful to collect information about event buildings: such as

'Event buildings don't upgrade when you reach a new chapter'

As before, I'll compile your contributions into a single post and add your name to the credits.

Please post below:

(a similar guide compiled from contributions by the players is found https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/words-of-wisdom-1-completing-events.3795/ )

event_easter2017_purple_phoenix_egg.png

DeletedUser3097

cd1b0a39364d723a75ce24e1e3d9b4b3.png

VALUE:
phoenix cult.png Some event buildings give you both population and culture. This feature isn't available in many non-event buildings; some premium buildings bought with diamonds and the Wayfarer's Tavern in the Dwarves chapter are other examples of non-event buildings which offer both.

Their value / production is determined by the chapter a player is in when they are won, not when they are built. You have to be past Advanced Scouts to officially move to the next chapter.

Compared to their counterparts in residences and "standard" culture buildings, the daily event buildings can be more than 4 times as efficient as standard buildings of current chapter.​

DIFFERENT TYPES:

road connection needed.png There are different types of event buildings- ones which require a road connection and ones which do not. The Travelling Merchant I, II and II, Orc Nest and Orc Camp require a road since they produce supplies or goods. "If it produces something it needs a road" (Timon,2017)​

INVENTORY:

inventory.png When you earn an event building, it can be found in your inventory rather than in the build menu.

If the player gains a large number of unique buildings there will be 2nd and even more pages in inventory for them.

Same building received in different eras occupy different spots in your inventory, so check carefully which one you are building.

Buildings can be built in 10 seconds and without an available builder.​

IRRETRIEVABLE:

If you sell or cancel the build of your event building, they are gone for ever. There is no way possible to retrieve them.​

UPGRADING:

Event buildings do not upgrade when you reach a new chapter.

More popular event buildings may be offered in subsequent events giving players an opportunity to replace an event building with one with higher stats/ production.​

The daily rewards can be just as good as the end prizes plus you can have multiples of them.
father trees.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3034

Once sold or cancelled they are forever gone.

Their value / production is determined by the chapter a player is in when they are won, not when they are built.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
You already solved the main questions, except one that came rather often : where are my dailies ?
They aren't in the builder list, they are in the Inventory (the purse, right of bottom toolbar, second tab named "buildings")

Another info good to know : compared to their counterparts in residences and "standard" culture buildings, the dailies (*) can have an efficiency up to more than 4.5 times standard buildings of current chapter, the same value the end rewards have... so... don't worry to much if you can't get the final rewards 1 time : you can get some perfect erzatz buildings more than 10 times...

(*) except the special ones giving also goods, coins, supplies or troops that are more difficult to rate "averagely" because their size is fixed and the factories and other producing buildings are growing from chapter to chapter so their rate varies the same way...

Last edited:

DeletedUser3366

Some event buildings say they need a road connection, but does not actually need any road.
I have found 2 such buildings:
- the Glossy Garden.
- the Phoenix Excursion.
Both have Population and Culture, so that may be the deciding factor.
The Orc Camp give Supplies and Culture, and it really do need a road connection.

One or more of these observations may be of unintended effects that will get changed later by Inno as errors.

love Angua

Deleted User - 106219

Where does it say that Glossy Garden and Phoenix Excursion need a road? Because the ones in my inventory say no such thing.

The only event buildings that need road connection are the buildings that produce something, such as the Travling Merchant and the Orc Nest.

EDIT:
Some event buildings give you both population and culture. This feature isn't available in any non-event buildings. (Is that correct- can someone please confirm this?- Dizzy Lizzie)
Wrong - there are non-event buildings that give both population and Culture, some of them free. For example Wayfarer's Tavern (not sure if that is the exact name), which you get in Dwarves.

DeletedUser3366

Thank you shadowblack, good to know it wont be 'corrected' as an error ;-))
I dont remember what their inventory-mouseover said, but the event-mouseover definitely called for a road.
And yes, it makes sense that 'passive' benefits with global effect would be independent of the road network.

DeletedUser3097

Wrong - there are non-event buildings that give both population and Culture, some of them free. For example Wayfarer's Tavern (not sure if that is the exact name), which you get in Dwarves.

Thanks !

DeletedUser1829

Some event buildings give you both population and culture. This feature isn't available in many non-event buildings; some premium buildings bought with diamonds and the Wayfarer's Tavern in the Dwarves chapter are other non-event buildings which offer both.

Woodelves habitat is another one with population and culture and S&D has a small building (1x4) as well.

• While it is a general game rule it comes up with event buildings and road connections. "If it produces something it needs a road", think it was Timon who stated this in a recent video. Culture and population/culture buildings are the only ones that don't need a road connection, so far.
  • Same building received in different eras occupy different spots in your inventory, so check carefully which one you are building.
  • Buildings can be built in 10s and without an available builder
  • Buildings cannot be deleted from your inventory but you could build then delete ones you do not want if you have spare space or when you get a new expansion.

DeletedUser3034

Just recalled, I hear that if the player gains a large number of unique buildings there will be 2nd and even more pages in inventory for them.

DeletedUser3372

DeletedUser3372

Hi does anyone know when I can use the orcs that I produce in the last event prize

DeletedUser441

It makes sense that if a building produces something then it should be on a road :). I've even sold buildings that I paid diamonds for because they were less efficient (Goddess of Fertility). :eek: I wont buy anything now ; too expensive anyway :(