• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered There was something about a 4th birthday

DeletedUser7348

When I logged in this morning there was a screen saying something about Elvenar fourth birthday, but I had already tapped outside the box and it disappeared.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what it said? Also happy birthday Elvenar :)

SandieA

DeletedUser3097

Here it is for you...

elvenar is 4.jpg

Happy birthday to Elvenar!

DeletedUser1874

I have to say, this felt like a punishment to whoever made the "mistake" of not logging in with their main account, since you can only claim one unicorn per account, you're not given any choice on the matter, and it came as a surprise. In my case, and I suppose many others', this surprise was "here, there was this nice gift for the anniversary and you missed it, deal with it".

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Although its rude to comment on free gifts (shh, no one from Inno is listening), this unicorn is worse than a rainbow unicorn (and a fair bit worse than 2 rainbow flower cages) that can be crafted in the MA. I wouldn't fret @Vetrinus I'm afraid this is disenchant fodder, no more.

Timneh

Artisan
Like @LazyTony says that unicorn is so bad it is only worth disenchanting. Maybe the players that like unicorns and already have all the others might keep it.

DeletedUser1874

Although its rude to comment on free gifts (shh, no one from Inno is listening), this unicorn is worse than a rainbow unicorn (and a fair bit worse than 2 rainbow flower cages) that can be crafted in the MA. I wouldn't fret @Vetrinus I'm afraid this is disenchant fodder, no more.
I don't think I'm being rude when questioning the way a gift is handed over. Aside from that, not all give most value to a per-tile efficiency. Some keep stuff in their towns in order to commemorate certain events and/or achievements. I for one kept the Tower of the Winter King for that very reason, having little hope that a system to bring it up to date power-wise would've been implemented, and even less hope that it'd have good efficiency. I ended up being wrong, and I'm quite happy with my now-upgraded tower, but still. It's a matter of principle.

DeletedUser4149

I have to say, this felt like a punishment to whoever made the "mistake" of not logging in with their main account, since you can only claim one unicorn per account, you're not given any choice on the matter, and it came as a surprise. In my case, and I suppose many others', this surprise was "here, there was this nice gift for the anniversary and you missed it, deal with it".
i'm sure most people in that circumstance are using those extra cities to get diamonds for their main city. the benefits of having many cities to get diamonds from should strongly outweigh not being able to fully caplitalize on a tiny unicorn, if not, then don't play those other cities at all. you're still getting much more for your main city by having those extra cities than a player that only has 1 or 2 cities that they do care about. please don't discourage them from giving us more free stuff later because you created cities for the sole purpose of diamond farming. another possible to solution to avoid this so called punishment would be to not let us have any more wishing wells and i don't think that would be a popular idea.

1 human and 1 elven city should be more than enough for most players. all the 3rd world is doing is draining time and new players from the already existing cities. i don't think they should have ever created felon-whatever in the first place. if they add a 4th world, they might not get enough new players in the older worlds to replace the number of players that they lose.

sorry, but i really don't like the idea of booster cities that don't get the effort put into them that a main city would get, whether they are following the rules or not. they decrease activity in neighborhoods by occupying a spot that a more active city could have and we've all heard many complaints about inactive neighbors and lack of trading partners. that seems like a much bigger issue that needs to be fixed more than getting a unicorn for a city that isn't your favorite.

DeletedUser4149

also, they've had issues w/ players not getting free gifts sent by email so i think this was a better alternative.

the only complaint i have is that i'm not crazy about unicorns anyways and a piece of birthday cake would have been much better:D

DeletedUser1874

i'm sure most people in that circumstance are using those extra cities to get diamonds for their main city. the benefits of having many cities to get diamonds from should strongly outweigh not being able to fully caplitalize on a tiny unicorn, if not, then don't play those other cities at all. you're still getting much more for your main city by having those extra cities than a player that only has 1 or 2 cities that they do care about. please don't discourage them from giving us more free stuff later because you created cities for the sole purpose of diamond farming. another possible to solution to avoid this so called punishment would be to not let us have any more wishing wells and i don't think that would be a popular idea.

1 human and 1 elven city should be more than enough for most players. all the 3rd world is doing is draining time and new players from the already existing cities. i don't think they should have ever created felon-whatever in the first place. if they add a 4th world, they might not get enough new players in the older worlds to replace the number of players that they lose.

sorry, but i really don't like the idea of booster cities that don't get the effort put into them that a main city would get, whether they are following the rules or not. they decrease activity in neighborhoods by occupying a spot that a more active city could have and we've all heard many complaints about inactive neighbors and lack of trading partners. that seems like a much bigger issue that needs to be fixed more than getting a unicorn for a city that isn't your favorite.
You assume a great deal. There's people who might enjoy playing multiple cities at once, regardless of race. And as I said, if Inno had anything against diamond farms, they'd have plenty of means to discourage them, by making diamonds city-bound as opposed to account bound, and/or reducing the very high amount of WWs we can obtain. It's nothing I haven't stated in my earlier reply.
You're also implying that a diamond farm is going to necessarily be less active than a main one, which is an utterly baseless assumption. I for one am contributing to the best of my ability with my secondary cities, even though they have been created as diamond farms as a main purpose. Feel free to check it in game as well as in recruitment threads and stuff such as elvenstats.
P.p.s. a diamond farm that "slows down" people despite having a level 10 fire phoenix? Perhaps it'd be best to check before distributing baseless accusations. Not that purely farm towns are a greater issue than those who have been *utterly* inactive for years and not deleted by the system, there's that too.

DeletedUser4149

Feel free to check it in game as well as in recruitment threads and stuff such as elvenstats.
ok, so i checked elvenstats.
i still find it hard to believe that a 1 month old city...
created as diamond farms as a main purpose
is going to be as active as a city that's at least 18 months old and owned by the same player.
i wouldn't consider that a baseless accusation. maybe you will be an exception? but for many players, cities that are diamond farms will...
decrease activity in neighborhoods by occupying a spot that a more active city could have

DeletedUser1874

ok, so i checked elvenstats.
i still find it hard to believe that a 1 month old city...
is going to be as active as a city that's at least 18 months old and owned by the same player.
i wouldn't consider that a baseless accusation. maybe you will be an exception? but for many players, cities that are diamond farms will...
Well then, feel free to keep track of me on elvenstats. I'm already doing better than 50% of the FS in the tournament, despite having a lot of space taken up by wishing well (and know what? They are not terrible buildings even for normal cities, because when they don't give me diamond, they give me a lot of resources to cater with, the only thing I fall short of is the military side, but I make up for it via catering). I also plan to play the long game with those cities, and not only for diamonds, but also because I wanted to see the human side of things, especially fights. So yeah, it's safe to consider those baseless accusations, and if you work under the assumption that I'm an exception, well then you're also generalizing anyone who has alt towns for one reason or another.
If you're so concerned about inactive neighbourhoods you should look at people who've been inactive for months if not years, an issue Inno never took care of - some of my neighbours in the main world haven't been active for three years now - not at alt cities just because they're alt cities.
P.s. I'll take a less-active-than-average active diamond farm over an inactive player near me any time. I also think you fail to take into consideration the fact that in order to get your farm started, you need to develop your town in order to get space, and you'll still need regular buildings, as well as participate in events to get the WWs. In short, I think you vastly underestimate the amount of activity it takes to get a "diamond farm" running and to keep it running, especially if you're also doing tourneys with it, like I am. Perhaps try setting up one for the upcoming Summer Solstice event, that'll allow you to see things from my point of view and make some diamonds on the side. :)
P.p.s. they also have extremely high cultural value, so much so that I'm allowed to have a constant 160-170% even when asking for NH on the Main Hall, which means my life is actually easier than a normal city (which I also started, without WWs) and will be for at least one other chapter. So if anything diamond farms are "twink"(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinking) cities from my point of view.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

INNO isn't concerned about that.

From US Live:

2019-05-31.png

But I doubt you will have to worry about that happening here, since there doesn't seem to be the same level of activity.

DeletedUser3718

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELVENAR!
And I wish you all the best this year!

Thank You So Much Elvenar! For the Unicorn!.