• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

There is a tiresome item in this city!

• Thread starter DeletedUser1685
  • Start date

DeletedUser1685

When clicking on cities to give neighbourly help, there is the chance of treasure, 3 treasures every 24 hours.
A little popup telling you that pops up when it happens.

1. The popup comes up behind my fellowship screen, so I don't see it unless I wait a bit, and keep the fellowship screen off, which I don't want to do because I want to do this neighbourly help as quickly as possible.

2. The treasure isn't really appealing to me, the only one I ever liked was a Power of Provision that completed a quest for me. Apart from that I don't really use spells, unless I'm really low on supplies from major upgrades. Which might happen once every three months.

3. This neighbourly help is also annoying because the fellowship screen keep reverting to the front page when you want to go to cities on the second or third page. Gah! But that's a separate issue.

So...

1. Can we have something more treasurelike? Perhaps the chance of a few diamonds when doing neighbourly help.

2. Can we move the popup so it's easier to see?

At this stage I only do the popups because they annoy me and I just want the three done for the day, so I don't get any more.

Thank you.

DeletedUser3097

3. This neighbourly help is also annoying because the fellowship screen keep reverting to the front page when you want to go to cities on the second or third page. Gah! But that's a separate issue.

This happens to me when cities are becoming re-available for visiting- the hands turning golden seem to switch the pages back to page 1.

DeletedUser1685

Yep, not sure why but the is some sort of screen refresh going on that reverts the list to the front page. The first page is the easiest to do because you don't get sent to another page. :) So perhaps having all the cities on one page is one fix.

DeletedUser3781

Yes! This. I don't even bother to gather those tiresome items anymore, they're not worth spending my time scanning around the city. Easy fix would be to bring back the bug that placed the chest always in the same sweet spot :)

DeletedUser1103

Why can't we just get automatically rewarded with the treasure rather than having to search for it like we are 5 years olds ...

DeletedUser1685

I agree, the design seems more about keeping players clicking and wasting their time, rather than giving players a fun experience.
Greater variation in what can happen would be fun.
At the moment what can happen is, 3 treasures every 24 hours and you get a rune or a spell reward. Every time.
If Elvenar wants to give random rewards the range of rewards should increase.
For example, troops and diamonds could be included.
The variation would make it more interesting.
But also other rewards could apply for the amount of Neighbourly Helps done.
So some reward for every 500 Helps for example.
This way players get rewarded for doing the work, and also a random reward, much like gambling I guess.
It's important because Neighbourly Help ties people together, making it boring makes people stop connecting.

Timneh

Artisan
This neighbourly help is also annoying because the fellowship screen keep reverting to the front page when you want to go to cities on the second or third page.

I have found that the easiest way to stop this is to wait for the last member of your fellowship to be ready for help again and then the page should not keep going back to the first page as each member becomes ready for help again.

DeletedUser1685

I prefer to do help as the timer permits, I prefer not to have to time everyone individually and then set out to do the help.
I guess the best workaround to avoid the bug is to not do clan help at all. :)

Timneh

Artisan
You don't need to time each player individually. All you need to do is see how long it is till the last person in your fellowship is ready for help again and then do them all after that person is ready. This should stop the page jumping back all the time but if you are not willing to wait just a short time then you will just have to put up with the problem or as you said not do fellowship help at all but if you choose not to help at all do not be surprised if your fellowship kick you out, a lot of fellowships state members are expected to do regular help.

DeletedUser1685

You explain why this is such a bad problem.
The design relies on players avoiding the bug, and leads to people not doing help, and leads to clans kicking people out.

DeletedUser441

If you do all your neighbourly/fellowship help each day and start the next day an hour earlier then it doesn't matter when others help you as you will always be within 24 hours. :)