• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Woodelvenstock Festival!

DeletedUser6068

Hello,

I would like to let you know that I am disappointed about this present event WOODELVENSTOCK by comparing of the last one on Easter time, the system of opening the chest by random way and getting a small amount of point for the a chest with higher number tickets, it's a real mess and a bad decision. We can't organize our way and strategy to have a goal or target for how many total points to get at the end of the event by this way.

There is so many details on this present event, let me feel to quite this game and not play it anymore, by comparing about the last Easter's event that encouraged me and let me want to invest more time on this game, I hope you will not make the same way of reward on the next event and we will not have more disappoint from Elvenar.

Thank you and have a nice day.

HiLo King

Deleted User - 1634960

Hi Guys,
Is anyone else constantly getting lots of notification of 'tickets in the outskirts' but when you check (and check and check etc, etc) there's nothing there????!!!! Do I need to raise a support ticket for this? Seems to have started this morning. TIA.

There is a spot in the cliffs above your city where these sorts of things can appear. It is very hard to spot with the status row. It is about 1/3 along from the left. If you are getting the notifications and can't find the tickets elsewhere, have a look there. ;)

Lelanya

Mentor
Hello,

I would like to let you know that I am disappointed about this present event WOODELVENSTOCK by comparing of the last one on Easter time, the system of opening the chest by random way and getting a small amount of point for the a chest with higher number tickets, it's a real mess and a bad decision. We can't organize our way and strategy to have a goal or target for how many total points to get at the end of the event by this way.

There is so many details on this present event, let me feel to quite this game and not play it anymore, by comparing about the last Easter's event that encouraged me and let me want to invest more time on this game, I hope you will not make the same way of reward on the next event and we will not have more disappoint from Elvenar.

Thank you and have a nice day.

HiLo King
Aww they won't all be like this

DeletedUser2939

My daughter (player Gismo321) was doing well on the quest line for WoodES and had completed 77 of the sequential quests, collecting the first two major prizes and almost 100 points towards the third one. This is despite being at chapter one research level - She was enjoying Herself.

Along comes quest 78 - Upgrade a building to level 14. - Splat!!, brick wall hit. It is not possible to upgrade any building to level 14 at the early levels of research, I'd guess you'd have to be at least chapter 3 or 4 to manage this.

Unlike various other update building quests where the option exists to either scout a province or research a technology instead of the update this one has no "get around clause" thereby totally buggering any low level players who were trying to get to the music festival.

Gismo has no chance of collecting the other green gunk points needed from tickets obtained in the daily quests or picked up around the grounds even though She's holding onto her stock and waiting for a "double gunk" day. I expect an unhappy player as the event finishes.

Please bear the little guy/gal in mind when creating quests in any future events.

DeletedUser3097

My daughter (player Gismo321) was doing well on the quest line for WoodES and had completed 77 of the sequential quests, collecting the first two major prizes and almost 100 points towards the third one. This is despite being at chapter one research level - She was enjoying Herself.

Along comes quest 78 - Upgrade a building to level 14. - Splat!!, brick wall hit. It is not possible to upgrade any building to level 14 at the early levels of research, I'd guess you'd have to be at least chapter 3 or 4 to manage this.

Unlike various other update building quests where the option exists to either scout a province or research a technology instead of the update this one has no "get around clause" thereby totally buggering any low level players who were trying to get to the music festival.

Gismo has no chance of collecting the other green gunk points needed from tickets obtained in the daily quests or picked up around the grounds even though She's holding onto her stock and waiting for a "double gunk" day. I expect an unhappy player as the event finishes.

Please bear the little guy/gal in mind when creating quests in any future events.
Please ask your daughter to contact Support and explain the situation. On occasions, they are allowed to help (depending on the circumstances).

DeletedUser7096

Hello @HiLo King and @Bedbunny

I have merged your threads from Ideas and Suggestions section to this one: The Woodelvenstock Festival!

If you have any concerns about this action, please, send me a PM.

Regards,
Kakashi-sensei - forum moderator

DeletedUser6743

The main prizes aren't worth it if you're still in Chapter 1, because (a) soon you will be in Chapter 3 with your prize buildings still at level 1, and (b) they take up a significant percentage of your space which is better used for ordinary buildings. Basically, they look neat but will only slow you down. In say Chapter 4 you will have enough space for them. But you're still going to replace them soon. There will be many more events and the prizes scale with them in output.

DeletedUser5983

Just want to proof that the event can be done in Chapter II (with the help from Support on quest #78). Though it was really hard, but was so exciting in getting the Main Stage on last day and end up with with 22 tickets.
and... I think I won't do the quest #99: Buy 19 KP. ;)
upload_2018-8-6_8-37-58.jpeg
upload_2018-8-6_8-38-52.jpeg

DeletedUser2939

Won't bother support as it's too late to make a difference now, just wanted to make sure the problem is avoided in future events.

DeletedUser4499

I wasn't aiming for the set building, because of their low output which allowed me to stop after quest 58. I wasn't willing to buy the 14 KP, but I still managed to get the daily prizes I wanted. I got myself a Travelling Merchant I, 2 Woodelvenstocks, 1 Mosh Pit and 4 Stretch Carriages. I haven't built them all yet, because I need some space to move my buildings around while upgrading, but once its done they'll become part of my city.

However, I've been disappointed with enchantments and rune shards been given as reward from chests. Those are easily available through regular game play and I'm sure most players have several hundred enchantments in their storage. The chances of getting time boosters were too low as well and I'm glad I didn't complete all quests, because I prefer time boosters and i would have been very disappointed getting KP and enchantment chests instead those with time boosters.

Lelanya

Mentor
To recap. Many complained both here and on social media about this event. I ran a chapter 2 city thru the entire daily quests. If we keep in mind that the daily is originally how the event ran on Beta then yes... the event was possible for any player to finish.
I hope folks are listening: please stop with the set buildings already!! They are hardly ever worth the space. Otherwise I quite enjoyed this one and here is why:
I have toilets on almost every city to remember it by!!

DeletedUser

It started on Beta with only the daily quest, but the sequential ones were added in later.

I enjoyed it on all my cities, and I have 30 wishing wells split over 3 cities on the same account... free diamonds! I also restarted my Felyndryl city a week before the end and still managed to get 4 stretch carriages with just over 500 tickets.

I think those small extras from the marching players were good, it meant lots of little top up instants and bonuses which is great for most cities.

DeletedUser4499

I think the event was well done and there were far more extra tickets to collect in the city than in any of the previous events. And I think the chance of getting the dailies wasn't that bad either.
I think the problem with the rotating chests is that if you don't have many tickets like in my case, you can't always open a chest with your preferred alternative instants if you're trying for the daily rewards so that you're ending up with more unwanted rewards than it happened with the three fixed chests.

With this in mind, maybe future events will include time boosters and tool refill instants as daily rewards again to make up for the lower chances of getting them through the rotating chests?

Sir Derf

Adept
Spent all of Woodelvenstock working my way through Chapter 3. I was able to accomplish all 100 quests with 1 day to go, upgrading a workshop to level 14 for that dread deadlock quest item. While it is unlocked a little later in the chapter than a residence, I found it had less requirements for the upgrades. My choices for trying various chests without completely optimizing for goo, I ended with 280/400 toward the last building, but still feel happy. The buildings might nerf themselves over time, but I think they are adequate for the current, and like most people look forward to being able to upgrade them.

Overall, I am very happy with the event; the wealth of various instants that I have gained, many for various things that I would have been doing even without the event.

Thank you all.

Also, my I point out that all of those wandering guests for my festival did a great job of cleaning up after themselves. The outskirts of my town look like a festival never even took place.

Killiak

Artisan
What did I like;
- The reward system. It was something new and fresh, the graphical representation was nice to look at, and the instants were put to good use.
- Building designs. Very solid, keep doing what you are doing!

What did I not like;
- The quest givers did not really tell a story. Instead, they constantly repeated the same phrases. Very dull.
- The set building stats. Whilst they did manage to keep the quality of design going, the actual stats and rewards were poor. Only good if you like the look.
- Reward buildings stats. I thought they were mediocre at best, with the Wishing Well and the Mystical Lake being the best contenders for those in the more advanced chapters.

What did I HATE;
- The quests. Seriously, buying that many KP sucks for everybody. Also, there were several quests that could not be completed by every player, or were very restrictive for people.
This is a recurring complaint, which I hope will now FINALLY ring true with the designers/developers.

DeletedUser5983

What did I like;
- The reward system. It was something new and fresh, the graphical representation was nice to look at, and the instants were put to good use.
- Building designs. Very solid, keep doing what you are doing!

What did I not like;
- The quest givers did not really tell a story. Instead, they constantly repeated the same phrases. Very dull.
- The set building stats. Whilst they did manage to keep the quality of design going, the actual stats and rewards were poor. Only good if you like the look.
- Reward buildings stats. I thought they were mediocre at best, with the Wishing Well and the Mystical Lake being the best contenders for those in the more advanced chapters.

What did I HATE;
- The quests. Seriously, buying that many KP sucks for everybody. Also, there were several quests that could not be completed by every player, or were very restrictive for people.
This is a recurring complaint, which I hope will now FINALLY ring true with the designers/developers.

I second all of this :)