• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Woodelvenstock Festival!

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm disliking the amount of 1 day quests, especially into the last part of the S&D chapter with the fully upgraded settlement of 14 BIG buildings.
I'm having to lose mana production buildings to fit in a few extra level 1 buildings to get through the quests.

Rarely Here

Seeker
I seem to like the new system for the prizes, now not only a choice on trying for daily prizes, we can choose the consolation prize to an extent. No idea why I keep going after 40hr timers. Suppose the idea of a spare Wishing Well (only upgraded it a week ago), won alot of timers and AW instants today. Basically I have no space for another large set building for the 1kp daily so I will boost the apppropriate AW.
Great that you can challenge us to find space and time for small quest buildings.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I have a question about the Gems of Knowledge's Dailies list...
On beta, my displays says it's the last day, I have the enlighted light range bullchip as dailie and no double day... the GoK list says I should have double day and another day after today... who is wrong ? :p

DeletedUser6622

Nice to have finished the 100 tasks - but now of course a distinct lack of tkts - so guess need try to save them up and then go for a building later on that appears to be 'good value' for space etc

DeletedUser4947

Gotta say, I dislike the "rotating chests".
I mean, it's all very well having changing rewards, but when you're down to X number of tickets, and then get chests that are all impossible to use... it sucks.
I had chests with 109/109/140 tickets yesterday. I bit the bullet and used one, but it meant I *had* to spend 109 tickets I really couldn't afford, just to get the chests to change and *maybe* get the daily building. (2 "cheaper" chests had a 10% chance, coin rains (URGH), 5% supply "windfall" and magical mf)
I liked the additional tickets option on the previous events. Now? Good luck getting a chest that might give you tickets.
I went from 575 tickets today, down to 103 -- getting pretty much squat. 2 46 ticket chests with 25% chance -- and I get coin rains. 1 140 ticket chest with 30% chance -- and I got Ancient Knowledge. 1x 109 (others were 85/140) nada. 1x 85 (or thereabouts, since the other choice was 109/140) and....squat.
I very VERY rarely get a 36 ticket chest. I've only seen the +30 ticket chest once in another city.
So no, I loathe those rotating chests, I loathe the changing reward, and the % chance. Because you *cannot* work on any assumption that you have X amount of rolls on something -- because you may not get that chest. At all. Ever.

And there need to be more chances to win more tickets, like it was in old events. :/

DeletedUser

I spent just over 2,200 tickets yesterday and ended up with 9 wishing wells and 46 various instants, this included the instants from the marching players - I mostly chose the chests with the better odds but also chose those with 10%, however can't remember the exact split between the 10%, 12%, 15%, 25% and 30% chances but know that they definitely didn't all come from the 25% and 30%.

DeletedUser6622

Nice to have finished the 100 tasks - but now of course a distinct lack of tkts - so guess need try to save them up and then go for a building later on that appears to be 'good value' for space etc
Ah - of course buy some diamonds :(

cwgiii

Shaman
Gotta say, I dislike the "rotating chests".
I mean, it's all very well having changing rewards, but when you're down to X number of tickets, and then get chests that are all impossible to use... it sucks.
I had chests with 109/109/140 tickets yesterday. I bit the bullet and used one, but it meant I *had* to spend 109 tickets I really couldn't afford, just to get the chests to change and *maybe* get the daily building. (2 "cheaper" chests had a 10% chance, coin rains (URGH), 5% supply "windfall" and magical mf)
I liked the additional tickets option on the previous events. Now? Good luck getting a chest that might give you tickets.
I went from 575 tickets today, down to 103 -- getting pretty much squat. 2 46 ticket chests with 25% chance -- and I get coin rains. 1 140 ticket chest with 30% chance -- and I got Ancient Knowledge. 1x 109 (others were 85/140) nada. 1x 85 (or thereabouts, since the other choice was 109/140) and....squat.
I very VERY rarely get a 36 ticket chest. I've only seen the +30 ticket chest once in another city.
So no, I loathe those rotating chests, I loathe the changing reward, and the % chance. Because you *cannot* work on any assumption that you have X amount of rolls on something -- because you may not get that chest. At all. Ever.

And there need to be more chances to win more tickets, like it was in old events. :/

I don't know if it just me, but it seems that the ticket that we find about hourly have had a much higher percentage chance of being multiples (2 or three). This may be a compensation for what you describe, just a thought.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I like the dailies .. but yes those large KP buys are tough

Not liking the absence of tickets in the list of prizes... those were a big help to moving along the grand prize trail to the end. Having said that .. yes I am not massively into large sets as i (and many others) just dont have the space to set them out

Some lovely buildings in there and 30 days seems a decent amount of time to amble along the quests

DeletedUser6644

I believe the total number of KP to buy for the whole event is 55 (unless some quests have changed). And i agree it is far too many, that is why i won't be buying them.
But given that they do give us a whole month for the event, that is an average of less than 2 per day...with a bit of forward planning (i.e. keeping your MH well filled and maybe leaving your neighbour/FS visits till after you buy the KPs) that's not a tough task and it's probably less than I would buy anyway over the same period to accelerate research tasks.

----------------------

I also must say that one of the biggest disappointments for me has been winning magical manufacturing spells from the chests. For the amount of effort I put into the event quests I somehow feel cheated winning something I can easily make myself.
Actually I was stuck for half a day on task #50 "Gain 4 Enchantments of your choice" until I realised that I could spend some tickets to win spells: and in the process I bagged 2 extra wishing wells as a side catch (which I was well pleased with). Every cloud has a silver lining :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
But given that they do give us a whole month for the event, that is an average of less than 2 per day...with a bit of forward planning (i.e. keeping your MH well filled and maybe leaving your neighbour/FS visits till after you buy the KPs) that's not a tough task and it's probably less than I would buy anyway over the same period to accelerate research tasks
I don't think that it's the toughness of the task. It's the fact that every time we buy KP we push up its cost and there's no way for it to ever come down again. My KPs now cost 700k and I know for some people they each cost several million.

---------------------------

I have to say that I am finding this event tiresome... More so that I usually do.

I think that no progress is ever made in making things better. I am not sure why I should be surprised by this point, but every once in a while it seems like people are listened to just a little bit.

For example, everyone has always HATED being forced to complete encounters, for a number of reasons including not wanting to be made to over-explore and also being stuck in the Orcs chapter unable to complete more. So... a while ago Inno said "OK then, we'll change those quests so that they all become optional so that no one is forced to either complete provinces or buy KPs."

Following that we still had the same issues of an uninventive list of quests that are the same monotonous exploits we have always been put through, but hey - at least we weren't being forced to do things that we couldn't, shouldn't or didn't want to do.

With this event, however, I am confused... It seems like we have rolled back 12 months and all those awful things that previously got changed have all been put back in. We must complete provinces. We must buy KPs. We must upgrade buildings to high levels. Not only that, but there is a greater concentration of these things than there were even in the "bad old days".

So... I'm not sure why we are taking backwards steps here... and the more times another "Buy 16 KP" turns up, the more I roll my eyes and despair and wonder what it's all about.

I'm not even loving the theme / buildings this time around. I'm looking forward to the Mystical Lake, but otherwise a bunch of these odd stages doesn't really fit in with the feng shui of my city... I guess that means I should probably stop complaining and stop playing the event. It's a pity though.

Are Inno running out of energy to keep it interesting? Maybe it's the beginning of the end for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 384643

I agree with Pauly on several points ^
The negatives:
We recently had some small events where, even though the main prize wasn't so great, the quests themselves weren't too tiresome and several had multiple options to complete. You could win time instants, KP and even some small buildings by completing a quest. It was pretty relaxed and fun.
But with this big event, Inno rolled back everything that made an event fun. Once again forcing people to buy loads of KP and completing encounters.
And, like all recent events, the main prizes are close to worthless.

The positives:
Luckily, there are several good daily prizes to spend your tickets on.
And I actually like the rotating chest system, and the figures that go forward depending on the amount of goo you win.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Just wondering why someone would use gold to buy KP when tier 3 resources only increase by 10 every kp bought...

Pauly7

Magus
Just wondering why someone would use gold to buy KP when tier 3 resources only increase by 10 every kp bought...
Because it still increases, even if only by 10 at a time. If I use gems to buy a KP it now costs 2,500 for me - and I think I've been quite careful with it.

cwgiii

Shaman
I don't think that it's the toughness of the task. It's the fact that every time we buy KP we push up its cost and there's no way for it to ever come down again. My KPs now cost 700k and I know for some people they each cost several million.

This is the real rub. It is the cumulative effect over multiple events that really hits us, because KP purchase costs are irreversible. Longer term players are hit especially hard here. At this point, I never purchase KP unless absolutely required.

So... I'm not sure why we are taking backwards steps here... and the more times another "Buy 16 KP" turns up, the more I roll my eyes and despair and wonder what it's all about.

As always, the choice is ours weather to participate in any particular event, or not. It does seem that Inno is being strategic about quests now. Picking instances to pull out KP, or resources, or time from the players as a driver for Diamond purchased (just one of those "aluminum foil hat" theories of mine).

Paladestar

Enchanter
Every event since Glacier Giants has had utterly terrible prizes by comparison, especially the so-called grand prizes. Anyone who actually places any of the grand prizes in their city needs their head examined! The numbers just don't add up. Every time I see one in another city I'm going to know the city owner is bad at maths!

I did this event just for the fun of it and the chance at time boosters and KP tokens. I'm sitting on 4.2k goo right now and am struggling to pick a day to spend it on - almost all of the daily the prizes are so equally worthless I just can't choose between them! Last grand event you at least had the 20h and 14h boosters as daily prizes, but no such daily prizes this time.

Seriously stop being so stingy with the prizes. What's the point in creating all these great-looking art assets when the buildings just don't have the stats to justify their usage!

You're screwing over newer players like myself (Started playing on 21 December last year) and permanently locking in the advantage that older players have. It feels like I'm never going to get a good event building like the Great Auction, Holy Halls, Ice Mountain Troll, Herds Gathering etc. because you just don't make them like this anymore and apparently aren't ever planning to repeat these old events, just keep cooking up new events with **** 'prizes'.