• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Woodelvenstock Festival!

DeletedUser5306

Quest #38 in Woodelvenstock: Upgrade 1 building to Level 14 or higher: this quest is impossible for me to do at the stage of the game I'm at--do I have to give up on Woodelvenstock, or are you going to provide an option for players in the same position that I am in: e.g. research 1 technology or even scout 1 province???

I confirm that the quest has already been changed to "Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 Building to level 15 or higher."
Thank you for this quick response Inno :)

DeletedUser5532

- but they are spoiled by being coupled with a long list of boring and repetitious quests.

Not that long a list of quests, I only have the daily quest now, the main quest line stop rather quickly in this one. Although I now have a rather splendid looking (But totally useless) lvl 20 tier 1 non boost manufacturer.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I don't see why you wouldn't do both things at once - level wonders by tourneying hard and scout and complete provinces.

My scouts take 60 hours. That's 2-3 provinces a week. Lets say 24 encounters - the max. Those 24 encounters are cheaper than the round 5-6 province 10-20 in the tourney to cater. I fight or cater 88 of those a week. 24 extra (and cheaper) does not break the bank (perhaps because I have a big city with lots of factories).

The basic truth is, catering on the world map is a one off cost to create a permanent extra production capacity (space). So is maximising KP from tourneys, the question is just which is more efficient. In all builder games, the best long term strategy is to take the short term pain for long term production boost.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6644

The disadvantage is that the more provinces you've scouted, the more difficult tournaments become.
Is that actually true? I thought tournament squad size is simply directly proportional to your own squad size and the tourney round, not your completed provinces. Of course the further out you go from home, the higher the catering costs, but if you battle in tourneys, its squad size you want to keep down, not scouting

DeletedUser5532

Is that actually true? I thought tournament squad size is simply directly proportional to your own squad size and the tourney round, not your completed provinces. Of course the further out you go from home, the higher the catering costs, but if you battle in tourneys, its squad size you want to keep down, not scouting

Thankfully you are correct with your thoughts. Tournament Opposition is directly related to your squad size, and then further by the Tournament level. Nothing else (at the moment) affects this. My own personal strategy is to ignore all option squad size increases, so that the requirements for the Tourneys stay low. It does mean that the province fights are harder, but I cater those.

DeletedUser4816

i see on the beta that not a single time booster hase come as daily.. arent u going to put time boosters as daily prizes anymore?
time boosters and the military buildings are for me the only things worth going for during these events ..

DeletedUser5532

i see on the beta that not a single time booster hase come as daily.. arent u going to put time boosters as daily prizes anymore?
time boosters and the military buildings are for me the only things worth going for during these events ..
I have seen, on more than one occasion 40 hour boosters, so they are there for sure.

m4rt1n

Adept
I won a 20h, and a few 10h which I had to use for the event to upgrade 4 buildings as they take a while in ch10, and several 8h and 5h, plus loads of 30m and10m boosters so far. This is difficult though as an event with no space, I only just managed to squeeze in 1 marble and 1 planks factory to be able to progress at all being in the middle of the S&D with a full set up maxed out.

A fellow of mine will complete quest 100 in a few hours though as he prepared for the last couple of weeks before the quest list became available and has delayed building the elementals to do so, I guess it can fall lucky on guest race progress in the later chapters to have the space, like I did for the winter event. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser5532

The best time instants I got were today, and I got a total of 10 x 14 hours. It took me a couple of days to do all 100, but I had the land and was sad enough to prepare, lol. And today's building, it only took me 23 attempts to win. . You just gotta love those win % the game gives you.

JoJo the Bold

Adventurer
I’ve gotta say, the world art is fantastic, love the tents and flags. Well done to the artists! This is part of the reason why I play, such a beautiful game to view every day :)

DeletedUser4816

abit to much 'upgrade building'' and putting scouting or research a technology as the secondary doesent help much since scouting time is over 40hours.. and i dont want to research a technology.. they dont do this on FOE anymore, id love for it to be here aswell not forcing ppl to research technologys..

Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 Building to level 15 or higher (updated as of 7/12)
Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 Building to level 16 or higher
Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 Building to level 16 or higher
Research 1 technology or Upgrade 1 Building to level 18 or higher
Upgrade 4 Buildings to level 7 or higher (this one is the worst.. 4 buildings to lv7???? give us some more space then ...)
Upgrade 1 Building to level 14 or higher
Scout 1 Province or Upgrade 1 Building to level 16 or higher
Research 1 technology or Upgrade 1 Building to level 18 or higher

Also i dont mind buying KP but 26 is abit much ...

Buy 14 Knowledge Points
Buy 12 Knowledge Points

Timneh

Artisan
Also i dont mind buying KP but 26 is abit much ...

Buy 14 Knowledge Points
Buy 12 Knowledge Points

I believe the total number of KP to buy for the whole event is 55 (unless some quests have changed). And i agree it is far too many, that is why i won't be buying them.