• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Woodelvenstock Festival!

DeletedUser4456

I wonder if anyone can help. I have a relatively small city just going into chapter 3 - I have reached quest 78 which states upgrade a building to level 14 or higher. The level I am at is 7 and I need research to go higher - the quest does not offer an alternative. Does that mean I am now completely stuck?

DeletedUser4456

Write Support. Under Settings (Log out for mobile) under the ?
Hi
Thank you for your suggestion - I have contacted support and they have replied that the quests are set and cannot be altered.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
a couple in my fellowship have the same issue, the only way to do it is research superior residences in chapter 3 to get them to lvl 14. not easy if you are chapter 1 or 2.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Be patient Pippet, when the elders of this game started playing in 2015, we passed more than the 3rd chapter (far much more) before the first event arrived (forum game, 3 winners for diamonds after 5 months!!!)... It seems unfair to be unable to reach the end of an event when you're under chapter 3 but isn't (not totally)... you'll be over for next big event in 3 months... Just continue to develop your city to have a fair efficient city so you'll have a bit extra room for some extra buildings for next event... ;)

im saving my tickets for this one. seems like the best payoff for culture and population. goods buildings are a waste of time, as are the set buildings IMO

View attachment 2965
I totally agree with this ;)

PS : I've finished to compare the chances to get a daily with the ancient vs the new chests system :
Events : which is best rotating chest ?

Last edited:

DeletedUser6644

For those questioning the number of tickets required to get the goo for the main event buildings without spending diamonds, I've just done 24 hours analysis of farming the tickets from the outskirts across my 2 cities. I visited my main city 14 times over that period (sometimes with less than an hour, and once with 8 hours between visits overnight) and the other 7 times. I found 29 ticket packs for 69 total tickets in the first, and 25 packs/50 total tickets in the second. Hence getting between 50 and 70 tickets a day is not an unreasonable level of effort, yielding between 1400 and 2000+ tickets for the whole event. Added to the 3444 total tickets from the daily/sequential quests, plus any bonus tickets you win from chests, this ought to be ample for those focused on getting the main prizes for the set as long as you spend your tickets on high goo chests and on double goo days (there will be 2 more during the event, including the second last day).

DeletedUser5654

Gods, how I wish I came to this thread prior to starting the event. I'm in dwarves atm. 4 of these event buildings fail to match 3 of the pheonix buildings. something like 600 goods in 24 hours is the total bonus from the full set, some scrap gold and supplies that aren't worth mentioning as well. It's not even possible to have all buildings gaining the maximum set bonus.

1700 culture and around 600 population is the only stats of value for me, yet 2 wayfarers taverns would take up a smidge more space, but offer 2600 culture with over 900 population. The whole event in itself is fine, but I do not understand why the grand prizes are less useful than nipples on a leather jacket?

I came across to this game from Forge of Empires (Inno as well) and I must say the set buildings have always been on point, so why has the ball been dropped so badly here? Why have grand prizes which are worse then 2 simple culture buildings? I'm honestly baffled

Thagdal

Sorcerer
IMO coming also from FOE, is that as there is a lot more to do in FOE with like twice the amount of GB's plus the GvG, so it seems here they dont want you to advance so quickly through the chapters, ergo crappy rewards so you don't get to far ahead and have to wait too long for the next chapter/guest race.

But in saying that, reward buildings used to be decent till they nerfed most of them a few months ago, much to everyone's disgust...:rolleyes:o_O:D

Lelanya

Mentor
I too game in FoE and yep generally speaking sets there are much better! I am about 2/3 of the way through this one and on target for the remainder.

I want to stress that I really wanted new troop producing buildings (Faineant Frogs would've been fun) so disappointed we didn't get any :(

I have to agree with other posters that we have backslid to a previous (bad) format where small players are unable to complete the Event. On the other hand perhaps the 'purchase KPs' quests ask for too much from a small player and this is Timon's way of guiding us in these matters

DeletedUser6644

I have to agree with other posters that we have backslid to a previous (bad) format where small players are unable to complete the Event. On the other hand perhaps the 'purchase KPs' quests ask for too much from a small player and this is Timon's way of guiding us in these matters
I think everyone should be able to 'complete' the event, so Inno clearly dropped the ball on task #78. It must be incredibly frustrating for those who really want to finish but can't. That said, some of the later tasks require resources (particularly in terms of space for temporary event buildings) that very early players (below chapter 3) probably don't have spare anyway, and at a stage in the game where they are likely more focused on establishing a really solid economy to drive future growth. Much the same applies to the set buildings. As I indicated earlier, there IS enough goo available for free to get these, but a relatively early player (like myself, at start of chapter 5) probably wouldn't have the room to place the full set anyway.

I'm at chapter 5 and probably will finish all the tasks and so will get at least 2 of the main prizes, but won't be placing them. Apart from the fact that I think they are a bit garish, there are actually some more useful buildings to a player in the early chapters available as daily prizes, and these are available to all players even if you can't get past task 78 (I'm not there yet). You can still make 70-90 tickets a day just from the (generally very easy) daily tasks plus collecting tickets from the outskirts. e.g. I've replaced 2 Mysterious Cyclones with Wishing Wells and an Acrobat Stage already, and am hoping to get a few of the "Stretch carriage" to replace some other small culture buildings that aren't paying their way, and claw back some space. Much the same applied to my first event earlier this year (Walpurgis knight), which I couldn't event come close to completing, but which still left me with some great small culture buildings that gave my city a good boost at the time. Overall, I'm loving the event - it's giving me a lot of choices how to spend my tickets, and compared to anything I can make from my stock culture, some of the prizes along the way are brilliant for a player at my stage.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
imo, I think the event is pretty fair like it is now... for 3 reasons :
1. It's a bit hard for end-of-tech and below-chapter-3 players because the first ones have to build temporay buildings from scratch to level 20 and the second ones don't have the ressources to get lots of KPs/relics/encounters/high levels buildings but it's reachable to most of the active players, even if only for a part... you can't decently make an event that a newbie (who has only 20% of chance to stay more than a month) will be able to complete 100% and also not borring for more advanced ones...
2. I some just begin the game and can't reach the end, okay, they have 3 months to reach a "decent" level (that is easy in the first chapters)... When someone starts to learn how to swin, you don't expect him to participate to Olympics next week...
3. There are again good dailies for those who are in search of efficiency (at least 3 pop/cult buildings of various sizes) and some deco sets for the ones who are searching that.
So... what else ? ;)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I agree with tonton, with one caveat. I'd like to have good grand prizes again. Before they started with the set buildings we used to have grand prizes that were really worth having, much better than the dailies. Every set Inno have come up with has such paltry rewards its not worth placing (even if one or 2 of the set buildings are worth having individually). Compare these sets with the Great Auction, Herd's gathering, Edrasial Village, Ice hag, etc. Its not even close. I guess Inno have calculated that the sets encourage more spending to get the set, so until players wise up that atm the dailies are better than the sets and stop spending on getting an inefficient set, Inno will keep foisting this crap on us.

That said, some of the dailies this event are really good for any player that isn't 100% magic residences. Just bring back good grand prizes as well please :)

DeletedUser5983

Talking about the building prizes, I have placed all of them in my city. Sold some duplicates.
I value them as trophy not their true value per square. It's the process how to get them that I've enjoyed, that give them more value than any bought buildings. But of course it would be great if the trophy's true value also higher.

I started my city during the Winter Event, the only completed building set I could get. I failed for Valentine and Phoenix Rise building sets. Disappointed, yes but not toward the quests, but to myself for not better prepared.

Designs and concepts are first class to me. Quests are not perfect, but in overall they are good and challenging enough. I like the quests that help to quicken city development.
But I do really hate when I have to buy KP, those are my savings for bad days.
Also throwing resources and relics out in FA imo is really sick, it is the opposite of the true spirit of teamwork and care for others.

There are still many daily jobs in the city that can be explored and cooked as new quests. For example: Help your neighbor's or fellow's Main Hall 10 times, if they want us to finish the quest in the next day then make it 50 Main Halls :)).

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
the big asks to buy KPs are getting to a be a problem for those of us a long way along the elvenar journey. It would help a lot if we could also trade those unused bits of guest race goods we have left over for KPs .

DeletedUser

the big asks to buy KPs are getting to a be a problem for those of us a long way along the elvenar journey. It would help a lot if we could also trade those unused bits of guest race goods we have left over for KPs .
I have a tiny city currently nearly at the end of Chapter II - I've just managed to buy 14kp for quest 59, but used all my gold to do it, I have 8.5k left! I managed to finish a tech because I was waiting on a goods type and it needed supplies not gold, so now its onto clearing 14 encounters... except I have no gold to scout and no gold to clear (fighting is dire!), and then I'll be back onto buying kp again.

While it is possible for small players to do these quests, it's an absolute nightmare to have them all so close together. I'm slightly ahead on quests because I knew this would come up, but I doubt I'll be able to finish all of them in the allotted time especially as quest 78 to upgrade a building to lvl 14 is waiting in the wings!

DeletedUser5093

I've noticed that in the Woodelvenstock window it lists the 3 grand prizes and a little arrow to the right. If you hover over that it says more grand prizes are available after you get the initial ones. Does anyone know what those other prizes are? Or what you need to do to get them?

Deleted User - 106219

Wishing Wells. Once you have the first three grand prizes you can win Wishing Wells. From what I read somewhere (either on Beta or on the US forum) there's a limited number of Wishing Wells, but most people will never get all the Wishing Wells that can be won as grand prizes, as that would cost a ton of money (or incredible luck with getting extra tickets).

Lelanya

Mentor
I have a tiny city currently nearly at the end of Chapter II - I've just managed to buy 14kp for quest 59, but used all my gold to do it, I have 8.5k left! I managed to finish a tech because I was waiting on a goods type and it needed supplies not gold, so now its onto clearing 14 encounters... except I have no gold to scout and no gold to clear (fighting is dire!), and then I'll be back onto buying kp again.

While it is possible for small players to do these quests, it's an absolute nightmare to have them all so close together. I'm slightly ahead on quests because I knew this would come up, but I doubt I'll be able to finish all of them in the allotted time especially as quest 78 to upgrade a building to lvl 14 is waiting in the wings!
Thanks for the insight Lis!

When opening chests i am always aiming for instants. I will only open chests with time instants or tickets. I know from past experience that i may have to win the 3rd Grand Prize in FA if i want it :p (sorry Winyandor!) .
Just want to say Thanks to the design team. Other than lack of troop buildings i am really enjoying this event. These things teach us to refresh our cities and if played right grant us one of the more powerful features of the game: instants! I've a new appreciation for mine having just upgraded the Main; 25% of the total whatever it may be!