• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Wholesaler

mamapapa

Novice
Hello Guys.
I have an idea that changes how the Wholesaler works in the Trader that I think would be a great change to the game.
Have any of you ever experienced the pain of completely buying out the wholesaler on all 6 of your unboosted goods to find yourself with the wholesaler asking for an amount of coins or supplies that is literally impossible to have at once due to to your Main hall capacity? Probably not lol.
But for me it a very real problem where my Main hall capacity of 12million supplies isn't enough for the greedy wholesaler's 12.6 million asking price, once I have traded with him 20 times on the same good.
So would it be a positive change (at least for the few players like myself) to have the wholesaler's asking price to cap out at your max Main hall capacity?
Just want to see the Forums opinion on this :)

Rupture49

Novice
I'm sure most player's don't even know this exists as many people don't tend to use the wholesaler very often.
But for those who do use it frequently, I don't see any reason not to cap the amount of coins or supplies required so you don't get locked from being able to trade past a certain amount.
All in all I think it would be good change, to offer the possibility to keep on using wholesaler for as much as you need.

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm curious... can you explain your circumstances and gameplay style (Chapter, Main Hall, Relevant AWs and Buildings, Spells, etc) that have you frequently able to max out your Wholesaler? Sometimes under Events, when I've spelled my Workshops, I've emptied my MH of supplies, but I've never come close to the level of depletion you have described.

mamapapa

Novice
Hi, this city design is on my main account but I lost all my login details for the forum so I'm using my alt.
Anyway, my Main Hall is lvl 41, I have a lvl 31 Crystal light house, Watchtower ruins, Blooming Trader guild, Prosperity towers and a level 34 Lighthouse of good neibourhood. I use a lot of enscrolled endowments on my many 2x2 culture buildings which allows me to quite frequently see 1000% culture bonus. Pair this with 22 magic workshops (all with the power of provision spell) and I always have maxed out the wholesaler (for supplies) by 5pm in the evening. However with saying this my job revolves around a computer so I can have Elvenar in the background frequently allowing me on most days to set nine 1hour productions, one 3 hour production and a 9hr production so I have an advantage there.
That's why I think it would be good to let the wholesaler calm down with his prices as I think it could extend the playstyle more + make it more interesting.

Sir Derf

Adept
Well, there you have it. Wow!. Forget Wholesaler, you sound like your city has the GDP of a country and requires it's own Inport/Export business.

Yeah, it sounds like you need your version of the Production Pit, whether that is a Wholesaler who either repeats the MH max or continues to increase its ask but starts accepting donation payments allowing you pay more than your MH can hold.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
I support this question, I run into it too from time to time.
Although i dont find your max cap a convenient number, I'd rather have it a little under the max :)

Btw, if you havent done it yet, you should add a valorian seal tower to your wonders, and you'll never have unurium problems again :)

m4rt1n

Adept
I support this question, I run into it too from time to time.
Although i dont find your max cap a convenient number, I'd rather have it a little under the max :)

Btw, if you havent done it yet, you should add a valorian seal tower to your wonders, and you'll never have unurium problems again :)

Until you hit the deep end of ch20, it helps but not so much when there is no event running and you get upgrades asking for 300k of the stuff, while at the same time trying to produce huge amounts of Ascended goods, while needing so many seeds the trader has to make them as well as urunium, to top up, there and about through it but can bottleneck a little, my Vallorian I managed so far to level 21.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Until you hit the deep end of ch20, it helps but not so much when there is no event running and you get upgrades asking for 300k of the stuff, while at the same time trying to produce huge amounts of Ascended goods, while needing so many seeds the trader has to make them as well as urunium, to top up, there and about through it but can bottleneck a little, my Vallorian I managed so far to level 21.
'Couldn't have said it better myself @m4rt1n. :)

I am only at the 'deep end' of Ch XIX, but my Trader is having identity crises from being switched between seeds and unurium all the time. o_O