• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Watchful Winter Owl T4 production

Hekata

Artisan
Sounds like a bug, so I suppose it will be fixed eventually. But have fun with it while it lasts!
Would be fun if the goods boosts from MHalls ad TWarp etc would work for all productions, not only factories, but I suppose it would make balancing harder...
That's precisely my problem, if it's a bug that will be fixed I don't want the owl as 9k of sentient goods is not worth it. 22k on the other hand might be. But since it can't be teleported I don't want to build it before I'm sure it's not a temporary bug.

I do agree that AWs like the Mountain halls and Timewarp /Vortex should boost all goods production (and maybe Sunset Towers for seeds?). It would certainly give a bit more worth to both the prizes we get and the Aws that now bring penalties with them.

Gargon667

Mentor
That's precisely my problem, if it's a bug that will be fixed I don't want the owl as 9k of sentient goods is not worth it. 22k on the other hand might be. But since it can't be teleported I don't want to build it before I'm sure it's not a temporary bug.

I do agree that AWs like the Mountain halls and Timewarp /Vortex should boost all goods production (and maybe Sunset Towers for seeds?). It would certainly give a bit more worth to both the prizes we get and the Aws that now bring penalties with them.

I stopped looking at evolving buildings until they make them teleportable, but I would guess the Owl is stronger than factories (on a per square basis) as all previous evolving buildings have been stronger than standard buildings. So if you only look at space efficiency, you´ll most likely win if you put the owl in, no matter if it is the intended production or a bugged higher version. But of course more would always be more powerful no question about it.
I would say it is definitely a bug if you receive any production that is not exactly what the description says and especially if you get numbers that are different from multiple other places (description, production, collection pop-up). Very unlikely they won´t fix it.

Pauly7

Magus
Ah, that's the gamble. In the case of the Main Docks they tried, but decided they didn't know how to fix it, so they decided to just forget about it as no one complains about getting too much of something, so it's likely the same may apply here. It would be different if it was giving out a lot of goods and they would be worried about game balance etc (game balance = less potential revenue for Inno), but if the Owl is giving out double the advertised goods then that's no less than it should be. Since this came up I thought - nah, even with double then that wouldn't persuade me to build it, so that says it all really.

Of course, if you build it, then they pull the rug out from under you, you could just delete it. They haven't made any indication that we will ever be able to teleport these buildings, so the likelihood is that you won't otherwise ever build it. We all know that it would be simple to change the coding to allow for it (I'm reminded about @SoggyShorts referring to it as something that could be done in the time of a coffee break), but they don't make the change and don't say anything about it so that just makes me think they just don't want us to be able to teleport them. Since introducing the teleport spell now they're trying to just rein in its power by purposefully making it only effective on certain things.

Hekata

Artisan
I stopped looking at evolving buildings until they make them teleportable,
Same. I find that without the possibility to teleport them only the Phoenixes 2019, Bears 2019 and Witch Hut are worth the space. It's a shame really as I find that most evo buildings can be useful at some points of the game and having the ability to summon them and put them back in inventory would make them decent assets. As it is, since I value free space above production efficiency, most of them will never see the light of day. Ofc I could build them then delete them but with Inno changing the rules every now and them I have become a hoarder and keep all the buildings I can in inventory just in case... :)

Ah, that's the gamble. In the case of the Main Docks they tried, but decided they didn't know how to fix it,
Of course, if you build it, then they pull the rug out from under you, you could just delete it.
The difference between the docks and the Owl is that if the'd decide to fix the docks I'd just teleport it.
Since this came up I thought - nah, even with double then that wouldn't persuade me to build it, so that says it all really.
The thing is that I like the Owl, I like how it looks and would like to build it. I have thought of a very nice spot in my city. However, that spot would require that I remove a T4 factory. If the Owl can replace at least 60% of the production then it's worth it (since it also gives some supplies and pop) but if it doesn't then I still need my T4 and I don't want to clutter more space with a building for pure aesthetics (I have enough of those as you know, haha :) )

Pauly7

Magus
The thing is that I like the Owl, I like how it looks and would like to build it.
I like the owl too, and it's a pity as such. I have it in my Beta city where I'm in chapter 10, so there is a lot more point there because mana is useful in chapter 10.

m4rt1n

Adept
I got over double the amount shown with a level 16 Timewarp and level 6 Vortex.