• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The three Glacier Giants

m4rt1n

Adept
I say again ....

will we get another chance to obtain the giants hand .. as some of us missed it first time around

it would be a shame to not be able to get the set when there seems to be opportunity to slot it in again as a daily

I would like an answer to that also as after about 20 spins for todays building, I got nothing but kp, more keys which I spun and a few rune shards.

I also used diamonds for more keys for 4 more 50 spins and still no set building. I'm all out now. :-(

Edit: One final 50 spin and the game kindly gave me the building. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser4947

From a Beginner perspective -- I loathe events. There are lots of shineys, and I can't get them.
And, pardon me, but... "Gain a small amount of Planks 0/600" at MY level is simply... yeah.
That is NOT a "small" amount of planks for me. I get 9 planks in 9 hours. Or 5 planks in 3 hours.
I don't have the resources to upgrade that stuff (nor the room!).
I'm not even through "Evolving" yet.
planks.jpg

Without buying / trading (i.e. bankrupting myself) for them, I would have to sit there for 15 days straight, and make 5 planks every 3 hours.
You have got to be kidding me.

DeletedUser3985

From a Beginner perspective -- I loathe events. There are lots of shineys, and I can't get them.
And, pardon me, but... "Gain a small amount of Planks 0/600" at MY level is simply... yeah.
That is NOT a "small" amount of planks for me. I get 9 planks in 9 hours. Or 5 planks in 3 hours.
I don't have the resources to upgrade that stuff (nor the room!).
I'm not even through "Evolving" yet.
View attachment 2291
Without buying / trading (i.e. bankrupting myself) for them, I would have to sit there for 15 days straight, and make 5 planks every 3 hours.
You have got to be kidding me.
You shouldn't be making planks yourself since it isn't your boost. If you want to be efficient you should build only steel factories (because steel is your boost, at least on Felyndral) and trade that steel for someone else's planks. Those types of quests should take only seconds to do with help from a fellowship member.

DeletedUser5433

In the weeks this event has been running I've gotten ONE daily prize. I have received so many KPs I've researched three techs, and I have received many unneeded Runes and Instants. I don't even use the time Instants as I mostly play late nights and then go to bed and work the next day.... no need to hurry anything as far as time, and coins and supplies are easy enough to come by without the Instants.

I realize the chances are given for each "spin" to get the prize, and that the chances are per try (not cumulative), but when I can't get any of the daily prizes after several spins when I use the highest chances, it just doesn't seem worth the time or effort to work on the event anymore. I saved my keys for days wanting to get some of the nicer daily prizes, but after several tries and receiving nothing but Runes, KP, and Instants I have given up. I've been able to get the first grand prize item, but that will be it. I will not be able to complete many of the later quests (it took me three days to get 20 Relics and I don't have money to spend on the game for more keys), so I guess I'm pretty much done with this event.

At least I won't have to try to figure out how to make space for a bunch of buildings that won't match anything else in my town after the snow disappears.

DeletedUser

To my mind we've had far too many events going on in a short space of time which has made it hard to progress with city building, we had:
Eladrasil's Ascending - 28th September to 23rd October
Hallowe'en - 27th October to 8th November
FS Adventures (can't work out the dates of that)
Three Giants 8th December to ...

While events are nice, do we really need so many so close together?

Timneh

Artisan
To my mind we've had far too many events going on in a short space of time which has made it hard to progress with city building, we had:
Eladrasil's Ascending - 28th September to 23rd October
Hallowe'en - 27th October to 8th November
FS Adventures (can't work out the dates of that)
Three Giants 8th December to ...

While events are nice, do we really need so many so close together?

And there is also the possibility of a fellowship adventure in January and a Valentines event in February. We will have to wait and see.

DeletedUser

And groundhog day. I want the groundhog in a top hat and scarf culture building for my city.

Unlike Izizil who posted above, I have no problem getting the buildings when I turn in my keys. Probably because I don't want them, just place them in my city and delete them. I'd be happier with the kp and instants.

Oh well, the luck of the draw I guess.

m4rt1n

Adept
I enjoy the events and for me the big events have helped me gain extra provence expansions, and big population/culture buildings to keep my world moving.

For those who tick over on the game playing now and again I can see that the events are annoying, but my game has me playing and helping all my neighbours every single day. I replace past event buildings with the new event buildings and really enjoy the challenge. :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Like in the last event, they should work even if not displayed due to another simultaneous offer.

I'm saving my keys for the last Set Building on Tuesday 2nd January. :)

Timneh

Artisan
Anyone else noticed how the rewards for the daily quests are not exactly fair ? Every daily quest gives 35 keys as a reward but day 13 was produce simple tools 20 times while day 31 will be produce simple tools 30 times but still only 35 keys as a reward. Day 2 was train 60 units but day 18 was train 90 units and day 20 was train 120 units, day 34 will be train 160 units. There are other examples too when you look at the quest list on Gamers Gems.
If the rewards are the same for every daily quest then why do the amounts needed for the quests get bigger as the event progresses ? Maybe one of the Elvenar team can explain it ?

DeletedUser5319

Why are people complaining? Despite everything we are being given FREE stuff. so what if sometimes you get keys at a slow rate? you get free culture/pop etc. I am so sorry to hear about your garbage that you guys feel its not rewarding!

The Three Glacier Giants was a massive successs and i say TY INNO! Looking forward to future events! :D

DeletedUser38

What happened to the 4th building of this so call set? I have the Giants Hand, The Frozen fountain, The Ice Mountain troll, but from the images of the set buildings there is one more. I don't know the name of it but it is clearly depicted in all the images of the set buildings?

DeletedUser3985

What happened to the 4th building of this so call set? I have the Giants Hand, The Frozen fountain, The Ice Mountain troll, but from the images of the set buildings there is one more. I don't know the name of it but it is clearly depicted in all the images of the set buildings?
The "Frozen Orc Vortex" is the 4th set building and it will be available on day 30 (two days from now).