• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Tale of the Wandering Moon

DeletedUser7566

I'm not sure I'm following this... The arguement seems to be quest challenges are not too hard because there is a spreadsheet cheat list which tells you all the quests and their order and you need to reconfigure your city/gameplay to prempt challenges you cant see in the game yet... that seems very strange to me...

DeletedUser7017

great - but a bit late telling us now with hardly any time left, even so getting stupid quests very late into event is still pretty stupid !

@Davideno
This event has been running for nearly two weeks. Three if you count Beta realm! And the list was available August 15th ish....

Not all of us can play 24/7 !!!!!!!!! and getting stupid quests very late on kills any chance of completing. I've given up now with 6 quests to go and no chance of doing them. Need to be able to discard quests which players cannot do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3097

Could I suggest a better intro to explain what is happening- explaining the nature and time of the quest (inviting players to opt in? or perhaps screening it from even appearing for new starters) ... and perhaps different background colour on these tasks...

I'll pass on your comment. When I first started to play Elvenar, it was part way through an event and I wasn't at a level where I could complete many of the tasks. So I understand what you are saying.

in to last 10 quests - then get day long production

The list of quests are shared in many places: in fellowships, on the Forum, fan websites. These are a great help in allowing a player to manage time, set off longer productions and finish quest lines.

Thank you @Lelanya for your helpfulness in answering these questions.

DeletedUser7017

Its great that info was available on 15th August - would have been nice to know then and not now.

Lelanya

Mentor
Happy to help as always.
I liked this event it was easy and fun. No 'make 100 beverages' or anything to pin us down. The time given made the province work readily resolvable and outside of needing 2 wee factories and 6 baby workshops dedicated to event stuff little extra was required. Also enjoyed that large upgrades were capped at 15. As previously I had house upgrades reserved for that and my Halfling city looks amazing now.
Thanks for a well designed event :)

Lelanya

Mentor
The quest list would not have been available on 15th August. The event started on Beta on 15th August. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/qle-the-tale-of-the-wandering-moon.11370/ Some players who take part in the event kindly compile a list of quests and share it with us using the Forum and other social media. When the event runs on EN and other servers, it can be slightly different so the quest list may differ from the actual event.
Yes I did say 15th ish
One fella on social media posts the items as he finds them and often includes an amusing commentary alongside it. Must thank him for that

DeletedUser7017

Happy to help as always.
I liked this event it was easy and fun. No 'make 100 beverages' or anything to pin us down. The time given made the province work readily resolvable and outside of needing 2 wee factories and 6 baby workshops dedicated to event stuff little extra was required. Also enjoyed that large upgrades were capped at 15. As previously I had house upgrades reserved for that and my Halfling city looks amazing now.
Thanks for a well designed event :)
Well I'm happy you had an easy event - I found the complete opposite. Too many long running quests, too many encounter followed by relic events - so the same events doubled and no way of completing them. I'm stuck trying to get relics with no way of doing so. BTW 100 beverages is easy compared to relic or encounter quests. And no it was not well designed - there was 2 positions used for the event but only 1 was a quest the other merely repeated the info on the time left icon.

DeletedUser5976

I found the complete opposite.

Hi Davideno, I can understand what you are saying. I had also an event starting shortly after I started playing. I couldn't finish it either. Looking for information on the internet about the event, I found the site gamersgemsofknowledge. I would say a happy coincidence as it is a very useful site, not only for events either. I now never start an event without checking the quest list there. I have chalked that first unfinished event to experience and moved on. You will do better as you get to know more about the game. I hope you can get over this frustration and keep playing the game as well.

DeletedUser7017

Hi @Davideno
This is how events run on Elvenar.
May I enquire as to why you are making non boosted productions?
You are marble crystal elixir. Perhaps if you focused on your boosted productions you would find other aspects of the game a bit easier
Explain ???? to do anything you need supplies, marble, wood and steel and then the others to a lesser extent. And yes you need gold as well. Supplies and gold are easily digested. So please explain what you mean. And also explain why productions make any difference to relic and encounters when I cannot do the scouting to start with.

DeletedUser7417

I can't remember all of the steps I went through, but I am working on the 4 wooden chests which will be completed in 8 hours. That will leave me almost 20 hours to complete the last task. If the last task takes 24 hours to complete, I will have to develop a new mathematical equation to get 24 hours out of 20 hours! This could get rather exciting!

Lelanya

Mentor
Explain ???? to do anything you need supplies, marble, wood and steel and then the others to a lesser extent. And yes you need gold as well. Supplies and gold are easily digested. So please explain what you mean. And also explain why productions make any difference to relic and encounters when I cannot do the scouting to start with.
I will pm you in game.
But setting your city up right always helps

LarryB

Alchemist
Well I'm happy you had an easy event - I found the complete opposite. Too many long running quests, too many encounter followed by relic events - so the same events doubled and no way of completing them. I'm stuck trying to get relics with no way of doing so. BTW 100 beverages is easy compared to relic or encounter quests. And no it was not well designed - there was 2 positions used for the event but only 1 was a quest the other merely repeated the info on the time left icon.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having the same problem. Winning 8+ encounters followed by collecting 8+ relics did it for me. That ended up being a total of 150 hours scouting time (over 6 days). I know I could have cheated and looked up the quest items in advance but in my opinion any game where you can only succeed by looking up how to do it is badly designed. You shouldn't have to cheat to succeed.

LarryB

Alchemist
Personally, I found it somewhat humorous that Quest #32 rewards you with 3 relics after solving 11 encounters (which give you 11 relics), annoying that Quest #33 then asked me to gain 13 more relics, and maddening that I am then rewarded with 3 more relics.
That killed the event for me as it ended up with 150+ hours scouting time.

DeletedUser7417

I can't remember all of the steps I went through, but I am working on the 4 wooden chests which will be completed in 8 hours. That will leave me almost 20 hours to complete the last task. If the last task takes 24 hours to complete, I will have to develop a new mathematical equation to get 24 hours out of 20 hours! This could get rather exciting!