• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Tale of the Wandering Moon

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss The Tale of the Wandering Moon.

We're happy to hear from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Killiak

Artisan
Seems like a nice and relaxed questline, very doable for both new and old players.

Pretty solid building rewards as well, with some nice art. I approve.

indigomage

Adventurer
I didn't see the announcement in the game! :-(

I've just noticed the following text in the announcement "At the same time, activated mana nodes are beginning to display strange patterns and errupt erratically." does that mean that our buildings that generate mana are going to behave "erratically", and what does that mean (in game terms)?

Indigo Mage

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
I didn't see the announcement in the game! :-(

Because it is not in the game yet.

I've just noticed the following text in the announcement "At the same time, activated mana nodes are beginning to display strange patterns and errupt erratically." does that mean that our buildings that generate mana are going to behave "erratically", and what does that mean (in game terms)?

This event is already running on Beta.
It means nothing. It's just story fluff.

DeletedUser7406

Hello, is there an estimated starting-time for the event? It's right after 12AM (CEST) and i'm wondering how long my prepared factories (for the long jobs) need to stand still... :D

EDIT: Nevermind, it's live right now. :)

DeletedUser

OK, stupid question time! I've looked at the quest list for this and it refers to T1 Boost. What's a 'T1' Boost, please? Is that my first boosted manufactory? TIA

DeletedUser4947

Annnnnd it will end at "Buy 7 knowledge points" for me. :)
And even if I wanted to spend the coin to buy 7 kp, I can't spend them because I'm resource locked.
Plus... Solve 7 encounters? Then 9 Relics? Then 11 (!!!!) encounters, and 13 (!!!!) Relics?
Nope, sorry. :)
Good luck to those of you who will finish it. :) I'm not bothering because the fights are a PITA, WAY too hard to fight, too expensive to cater, and I loathe them.
If I didn't have to do them to advance chapters, I would ditch every single armory, barracks and whatnot, and never ever touch them.

DeletedUser5983

Since there are many players stuck in quest "solve encounters", how about recognizing every one province solved in the Tournament as one solved encounters, the same treat as getting one relic.

DeletedUser6743

Or just plan better. You know that these quests are coming, so keep some encounters unsolved for the occasion. Relics you can also easily get in the tournament.

DeletedUser4947

I just don't bother anymore. And tournaments give me 1 relic for 4 fights. So... newp.

Killiak

Artisan
If I didn't have to do them to advance chapters, I would ditch every single armory, barracks and whatnot, and never ever touch them.

Do it.
Then build more manufactories and upgrade the Mountain Halls hard. Skip all the non-mandatory Squad upgrades in the Knowledge Tree.

Going full merchant is a valid and highly effective strategy

DeletedUser4947

Do it.
Then build more manufactories and upgrade the Mountain Halls hard. Skip all the non-mandatory Squad upgrades in the Knowledge Tree.

Going full merchant is a valid and highly effective strategy
Doesn't that mean that negotiating is that much more expensive and all the provinces are "Hard"? (i.e. cost a lot more)

DeletedUser7406

Doesn't that mean that negotiating is that much more expensive and all the provinces are "Hard"? (i.e. cost a lot more)

No, the "Hard-ometer" has no direct impact on negotiation costs. The only thing that has impact on provinces, are the scout researches after opening the chapter-chests - these lower the difficulty (squad size/amount of enemies) and negotiation costs of unscouted regions. Your squad-size has no impact on the negotiation costs - for provinces at least.

For Tournaments it's another thing: The higher your squad size, the higher the negotiation costs. - As far as i know. It also penalizes you in events, as the numbers in there are mostly based on "Gain (x * squad-size) units" - if you have lower squad sizes you won't need this much units to train, so you can finish this faster.

So having a big squad size mostly penalizes you. Most times you simply can't fight the provinces you need because your squad is too small anyways (even with all SS-researches) and for everything else the squad-size makes things just harder.

DeletedUser5983

My city is at the end of Dwarves Chapter, have not done squad size upgrade 15 in chapter V (forgotten because it wasn't mandatory) and #19 that still need 21 KP.
I have 3 Armories, level 13, 15 and 16 armories and level 16 barracks.

Almost all my scouted provinces are green (easy fight, ring 7), there are 3 yellow and 1 orange.
I'm not sure, but seemed to me that most of negotiation cost are not so high, and all fights are easy.

Negotiation cost of a yellow Silk Province, 4 provinces away, are:
1. 730 plank, 610 silk and 490 Dust - against 5 squad
2. 240 marble, 730 Silk, 610 Gems - against 8 squad
3. 490 Steel, 980 Scroll, 240 Elixir - against 4 squad
4. 490 scroll, 980 Dust - against 6 squad

My fellow is in the same chapter, the difference is that he did all the squad size upgrades up to #16 (one upgrade less compared with me) and his Silk Province is red. So I asked him today for the negotiation costs of the same province in the same distance, for 4 encounters.
And his answer:

1. 350 Steel, 1100 Silk, 800 Elixir - against 6 squad
2. 1100 plank, 880 crystal, 710 Gems - against 8 squad
3. 1400 Steel, 350 Scroll, 1100 Gems - against 7 squad
4. 710 Planks, 1300 Scroll, 350 Gems - against 8 squad

Seems that both negotiation cost and enemy size are related to the squad size upgrade.