• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Tale of Robert Redbeard

DeletedUser

Like some others posted above, I was close to the end of my chapter for this event, so had already finished upgrading all my buildings to max level. You do always have the option of adding a few temporary buildings that you use to pass the upgrade quests and can just remove them at the end of the event. I chose not to do that for this event, my choice, but it is an option.

I also felt that my city was at the point it should be as far as explored provinces, and did not want to explore additional provinces at a higher difficulty, so that is where I quit the last event as far as the non-daily quest line was concerned. I find this kind of quest the most restrictive as you cannot scout a region and then un-scout it after passing the quest to wait to do it again later at a lower difficulty.

It goes back to the previous game changes that have been put in place to encourage / prevent people from over-scouting an I have been trying to keep myself in reasonable proximity to what I feel the designers have intended based on the province count for unlocking chapters and the displayed difficulty on the world map. It would be nice if there was a way to have two options on the scout quests so that you could choose the other option maybe based on whether or not you are fully scouted for your next chapters unlocking chest.

DeletedUser441

I would take part in the event if the rewards were better. :(

Pauly7

Magus
So... just some feedback... not complaints as I have commented before that optional quests can just be ignored if they're not liked for whatever reason.

My feedback, though, is to say that I, like many others, will not be interested in this one. I am not bothered about the quest being too soon. As far as I'm concerned there could be one every week and I would just pick the ones I want to. The prizes, however are poor... quite pitiful, in fact. I would have to reeeally like the look of a building to ignore this fact and in this case I don't.

Inno seem to have had two new initiatives in recent times, as far as event prizes are concerned.. I am in support of things being new and different and I, personally, have previously asked for event buildings to be more unique, so some qudos must go to them for trying things out. The two things I refer to are 1) set buildings and 2) handing out non-boosted goods. Unfortunately both initiatives are failing. The set buildings could be an amazing idea, but they would have to make them twice or three times as powerful considering the large footprint of space they take up in combination. As far as non-boosted goods are concerned, I hope that soon they listen to what the players who play the game are saying and ignore their scientific calculations. Non-boosted goods are effectively useless unless they are giving as much per square as players are receiving per square of their boosted goods.

Jackluyt

Shaman
HAPPY MONDAY!
Good luck with the Event that just started.
All the Info you need is in our Notes!!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/elve...worlds-15th-to-23nd-january/1973850569536988/
26231482_10210887725729794_4045570739397490719_n.jpg

Deleted User - 106219

The first reward gives (T2 boosted +1) goods at ANY chapter. Only the second changes based on chapter.

Deleted User - 399667

ohh joy ... more gain relics ... 25 quests and need to gain 50 relics and scout a province ... and do 12 encounters ...i dont have any provinces i can scout and doing encounters wipes out my goods as does gaining relics .. even in the tournements i run out of goods ... i need to expand and upgrade everything but cant if i keep running out ... ill probly just stop doing these .. maybe i will with my other name since its a low level and shouldnt need as much but will see .. i can only get tier one good with it so anything like above that and im screwed

DeletedUser4947

I'm not bothering with the quests anymore. The last one I busted my behind and didn't get a single building, just X amount of coin stuff, occasionally a supplies one, and KP which were wasted because I was tech locked anyway.
All in all, I think the quests are very poorly designed, especially for low level players who might actually benefit from the final reward, but have little to no way of actually getting them.
So I'm just...not bothering at all beyond the first few. I can't afford to lock up my workshops with toolboxes, I have no inclination of training 300+ troops, and forget the relics, period. It might be more interesting if there were quests that were offered which were achievable, or if we could decline the ones we can't actually do, in lieu of those we can.
But I guess that's never going to happen, so I simply don't bother.

cwgiii

Shaman
I'm not bothering with the quests anymore

Truly your prerogative (as with each individual player).

One tip that I have learned in game: choose carefully on just about everything. You can't have it all, instantly, every time. It is probably a good thing to skip an event, tournament, etc. every now and then. This helps each player build resources, practice strategy, research, or just rest, etc. between efforts.

Sure, it can be frustrating to be thwarted at a particular juncture, but it certainly does get the mind turning on alternatives as to how to proceed. I can't count how many times that I had been stuck, resolved to just wait it out till I could move forward, only to find a task completed in a totally unexpected way through regular play. This effectively has taught me multiple methods to achieve particular goals in game. Chance had a big part in this teaching. Patience, persistence, and help from other players also played a huge role.

Bottom line: You do YOU. And enjoy as you go.

Just my $.02

Killiak

Artisan
Something that has obviously been overlooked.

The word is "seeking". With an i.

Attachments

• Seeking.jpg
    Seeking.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 87

DeletedUser1796

I did the first few but seriously where is the time management skill? Where is the need for any kind of skill at all? Gain relics and buy KP again?? No thanks, far too expensive now...
I don't think I'm going to bother doing any more of these challenges, gaining relics is all just about spending my coins and goods often at times when I am not ready to be able to afford to spend them and buying KP is really lame...
I am over this whole thing and am starting to find them more of a distraction than anything else.
I too would love an 'opt out' button...
I do absolutely LOVE the fellowship challenges because they require me to use my brain to manage the time and space I have available to help my fellowship finish the maps. They also bring my fellowship together to work as a team, which I appreciate.
I am really looking forward to the next one of those... This one though.. I pass...

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
For all the complaints, I have to say just play the game, I have completed the event Part 1, while entirely tech stuck in the Orcs, and using a new build Marble manufactory, and the planks tourney to get through the quests with a little thought.

An enjoyable couple of days and I look forward to chapter 2 of the event. :)

Edit Add ( i factored in a 36 hour scout with 4 1 day T1 goods and used NO diamonds or boosts)

How: I decided to delete a few level 1 mushroom farms for 1 day after the production and replace the 2x2 with t1 or workshop and shuffled up the gap I have already prepared ready for my upcoming t3 elixir upgrades for 2 marble ready at lvl 4 for a quick lvl 5 then 6 upgrade at 3x2, but one would do upgrading lvl 5 to 8

I thoroughly enjoy the challenges put to us by the game and thank Inno for that. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser2233

Nice building and that is it .Culture 660 and 390 silk every 12 hours . Wood elves chapter really ? 660 culture really ? and you are suppose to put that in you're city REALLY ? Even with its links its not worth it .These quests go downhill by the quest .

Not worth doing it actually not for the amount of work inno is asking for .I mean 38 relics ,1 province scouting +12 encounters .If those were off , the quest might be worth it , but then the culture is still way to low to even think about it .To bad another nice building hit the dust.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
Just had a quick look through the spoilers for part 2 and see one quest that currently is impossible as I'm tech locked in the Orcs currently.

DeletedUser3985

Just had a quick look through the spoilers for part 2 and see one quest that currently is impossible as I'm tech locked in the Orcs currently.
So are you still looking forward to part 2? lol.