• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Tale of Gaelagil and Burukbrak continues

DeletedUser5093

A dozen kids?! Do woodelves typically have litters? This raises more than a few questions about woodelf anatomy. I can only assume pregnant woodelves look like this:
8c68f8b0ffd9387a7d1196fb817c9eae--fat-animals-funny-animals.jpg

DeletedUser7805

I have 2 of Chapter 2 cities, I had thought the same as you, however to my surprise I was able to do both the 300 and 900 just disenchanting spells.

I have a question or two. So my smallest city is in Chapter 3, on the US server sadly. I will not be able to afford to Disenchant for 300 fragments, not without nearly crippling the city. That means 900 is absolutely off the table. As the event is NOT feasible for small cities will there be an 'auto complete' where all cities are going to have quests moved along at has happened in the past, and if so, when might that be?

m4rt1n

Adept
A nice event, and I managed to finish today which was not so easy due to the space restrictions and my T1 buildings only able to produce 3 and 9 hours now, so I had to build small ones for the 1 day productions.

DeletedUser7901

I have a question or two. So my smallest city is in Chapter 3, on the US server sadly. I will not be able to afford to Disenchant for 300 fragments, not without nearly crippling the city. That means 900 is absolutely off the table. As the event is NOT feasible for small cities will there be an 'auto complete' where all cities are going to have quests moved along at has happened in the past, and if so, when might that be?
I am at the end of chapter 5 and have got to the 900 fragments quest, having used just about everything to get to that stage (along with all the upgrades i'm doing) have now given up as to create 900 could possibly take longer than the given time let alone finish the remainder

elfkeldorn

Alchemist
ANyone else have the system lose their progress? Two of my cities were part way through quest 22 (9 toolboxes) and have been set back to earlier quests. Now I'm sitting with more completed toolboxes and wondering what to do.

I have raised a ticket. My first one.

DeletedUser3097

Please contact US Support when you reach that point.

Lelanya

Mentor
Ahahaha!! It took 3 tries to get them to give me a hint, even, on 'upgrade 4 buildings to 5 or higher' when that city was less than a week old. And the neighborhood move feature is everything social media indicated, sadly.
I sacrificed one of my Winter Stars and some spells and am solving provinces now. Thanks everyone for the advice :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aisling1

Conjurer
Seriously not impressed.

This is a quest to ignore, the spot/ daily prizes are low level and the end event building not worth as much as you would get from culture in your same chapter level. Focus on building up your city normally instead.

e.g. I am in Amuni, my quest was for 12 relics.. (I got them in tournament) and my prize was a 30 min booster.. spell fragmented that was 22.. My next quest was to gain 300 spell fragments..

Sir Derf

Adept
Or, on the other hand, don't ignore it, maybe.

You mentioned at the end that you are in the Amuni chapter. I am in Dwarves. I suggest that that is a key piece of information when offering advice of this nature. Some event tasks get harder with higher levels (small sack, Train unit size, Time to scout), some event tasks are relatively constant (3-hour Marble production, x Beverages). Some rewards scale (building stats), some don't (boosts, vapors)

Not everyone is for you. Not every city is at a high level, or a medium level, or a low level. For an Amuni, this would be small reward for easy effort. For a Dwarf, it's decent-ish for middling effort. For a chapter 3 person, it might be amazing for some struggle.

To your points...

It is a short event, running for 10 days. I finished in 5. Does building up your city really need continuous focus, you can't take a few days, a week out? And how much does it disrupt your city management? During an event, sometimes the thing it wants is exactly what I was going to do anyway at that moment; sometimes it's what I'm going to do that overnight; sometimes you're focusing on using one type of building, allowing you to do whatever you want with the other building types. Yeah, sometimes I have to delay my desired activity when it wants a long-delay item. Oh, no, an inconvenience. My desired city advancement is held up a day or two.

You say the prizes are low. I say they're more than nothing. A single three minute booster, or a single vision vapor are piddly, but at the end 25% Coin and Supply and several hour boosters are nice for a short event.

You say the end event building is similar to culture for our level. I don't know about for an Amuni, but I'm an Elf in chapter 6 Dwarves, and the 4x3 (12 square) building gives 620 culture at that level and 470 population. That's the population of a max residence for that chapter, which takes up 8 squares, and not only does it not require the 172 pop of a Lvl17 residence, it provides 620 culture. So, it's like the remaining 4 squares are providing 792 culture, or 198 culture/square, which is a better ratio than any of the buildable pure culture buildings; even the craftable cultures buildings for that chapter approach 125 culture/square. The stats might be different at other chapters, I don't know. Looked at from another perspective, Dwarves chapter also allowed the construction of the first hybrid building, Wayfarer's Tavern; as a 6x4 (24 squares, twice as large) it gives nearly the same population (420), and the remaining 16 squares provide 1300 culture, or slightly less than 100 culture/square; this building still beats it. Again, different chapters it might measure up differently, and maybe there have been other premium buildings that had better stats, but this building is better than anything I can build or craft at this chapter. Oh, and if you still don't like it, now that we have crafting, I can get 1080 spell-fragments towards something else in crafting.

All for spending a couple days mostly doing what I was already going to do, and occasionally not.

I'm not saying your opinion is invalid, or that your advice is completely wrong; just that in this game, advice of this nature isn't one-size-fits all.

m4rt1n

Adept
Or, on the other hand, don't ignore it, maybe.

You mentioned at the end that you are in the Amuni chapter. I am in Dwarves. I suggest that that is a key piece of information when offering advice of this nature. Some event tasks get harder with higher levels (small sack, Train unit size, Time to scout), some event tasks are relatively constant (3-hour Marble production, x Beverages). Some rewards scale (building stats), some don't (boosts, vapors)

Not everyone is for you. Not every city is at a high level, or a medium level, or a low level. For an Amuni, this would be small reward for easy effort. For a Dwarf, it's decent-ish for middling effort. For a chapter 3 person, it might be amazing for some struggle.

To your points...

It is a short event, running for 10 days. I finished in 5. Does building up your city really need continuous focus, you can't take a few days, a week out? And how much does it disrupt your city management? During an event, sometimes the thing it wants is exactly what I was going to do anyway at that moment; sometimes it's what I'm going to do that overnight; sometimes you're focusing on using one type of building, allowing you to do whatever you want with the other building types. Yeah, sometimes I have to delay my desired activity when it wants a long-delay item. Oh, no, an inconvenience. My desired city advancement is held up a day or two.

You say the prizes are low. I say they're more than nothing. A single three minute booster, or a single vision vapor are piddly, but at the end 25% Coin and Supply and several hour boosters are nice for a short event.

You say the end event building is similar to culture for our level. I don't know about for an Amuni, but I'm an Elf in chapter 6 Dwarves, and the 4x3 (12 square) building gives 620 culture at that level and 470 population. That's the population of a max residence for that chapter, which takes up 8 squares, and not only does it not require the 172 pop of a Lvl17 residence, it provides 620 culture. So, it's like the remaining 4 squares are providing 792 culture, or 198 culture/square, which is a better ratio than any of the buildable pure culture buildings; even the craftable cultures buildings for that chapter approach 125 culture/square. The stats might be different at other chapters, I don't know. Looked at from another perspective, Dwarves chapter also allowed the construction of the first hybrid building, Wayfarer's Tavern; as a 6x4 (24 squares, twice as large) it gives nearly the same population (420), and the remaining 16 squares provide 1300 culture, or slightly less than 100 culture/square; this building still beats it. Again, different chapters it might measure up differently, and maybe there have been other premium buildings that had better stats, but this building is better than anything I can build or craft at this chapter. Oh, and if you still don't like it, now that we have crafting, I can get 1080 spell-fragments towards something else in crafting.

All for spending a couple days mostly doing what I was already going to do, and occasionally not.

I'm not saying your opinion is invalid, or that your advice is completely wrong; just that in this game, advice of this nature isn't one-size-fits all.

I'm in the Amuni and the prize is much better the the equivalent culture/pop available.

The prize is 4x3 and gives 3000 pop and 4100 culture.
The Bath of Pleasures is 5x4 and gives 1600 pop and 4100 culture + 3700 mana every 12 hours so 8 squares extra and I can get mana of that amount from 2 lower level Mana Huts.
I'n my opinion that makes the prize very worth while for it's size. :)

DeletedUser8522

I also have the problem with the 900 Spellfragments quest in my newest City on EN3 Felyndral. And I already contacted the support. The answer I got was that I have to make the choice between keeping the instants I gained,( almost all from the quests I could complete until now) or disenchant almost all of them the get the 900 fragments.
I think its a bit unfair to cities in early chapters to force them into such a choice. As it stands now I will not complete the questline in this city, as I want to keep these instants.

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm in the Amuni and the prize is much better the the equivalent culture/pop available.

The prize is 4x3 and gives 3000 pop and 4100 culture.
The Bath of Pleasures is 5x4 and gives 1600 pop and 4100 culture + 3700 mana every 12 hours so 8 squares extra and I can get mana of that amount from 2 lower level Mana Huts.
I'n my opinion that makes the prize very worth while for it's size. :)

I could look it up, but what's the size, pop and culture for a max Amuni residence, what's the typical culture density of a pure culture Amuni building and for a crafted Unicorn or flame?

Sir Derf

Adept
@Scruffyhippo Find some people with AW close to the finish. KP instants give a lot when disenchanted.
Good idea if you have it, but not only does it have to be a near finish AW, it has to be a near finish AW that they not only finish 1) before the event ends, but 2) with enough time in the event to compete the remaining 13 tasks, which include 9 and 24 hour productions and scouting/upgrading/research.

m4rt1n

Adept
I could look it up, but what's the size, pop and culture for a max Amuni residence, what's the typical culture density of a pure culture Amuni building and for a crafted Unicorn or flame?

Max Amuni Residence is 4x4 and 3400 pop
No pure culture buildings in Amuni all culture/mana hybrids except the 1x1 at 460 culture, last pure culture from Elementals is 3x5 and 6500 culture.
Crafted Unicorns average 1650 and Flames 3500

Timneh

Artisan
I have said from the start that the gain spell fragments quests were dumb. The only way to get them is by disenchanting things in inventory. Crafting has been here long enough now that most players will have disenchanted all the things that they no longer intended to use so how are they supposed to get the fragments? The reply from support mentioned above is IMO the dumbest answer to a support ticket that i have ever heard of.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I have said from the start that the gain spell fragments quests were dumb.

Not my words, but I agree that "gain spell fragments" should not be requested because it actually means "destroy something you may need later". Not a good idea IMHO.

The reply from support mentioned above is IMO the dumbest answer to a support ticket that i have ever heard of.

But here I disagree. If some quest is impossible to fulfill for some player, it is nice to have support help them. But if the player could achieve what's requested and doesn't want to do, for whatever reason, it is solely the player's problem.

When I started in Elvenar, I barely managed to get the prize of the first quest line event. I depleted my city of everything, but I had my Barrow and was proud of it. I sure would have been less proud if support auto-completed my quests.

Sir Derf

Adept
Max Amuni Residence is 4x4 and 3400 pop
No pure culture buildings in Amuni all culture/mana hybrids except the 1x1 at 460 culture, last pure culture from Elementals is 3x5 and 6500 culture.
Crafted Unicorns average 1650 and Flames 3500

To my mind, that makes the prize building for Amuni amazing! For me in dwarves, its 12 squares are the equivalent of a max dwarf Residence (8 squares) plus 4 squares of culture at 60-100% higher culture density than I can craft or build. For Amuni, it's smaller than a max Amuni residence (12 versus 16 squares), but with a higher pop density (250 vs. 212), and has 4100 culture on top of that for free (what would take almost 4-5 squares crafted, or 9 squares of that 1x1 or Elemental 3x5) !