• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Spire Library

DeletedUser1070

The spire Librarys description tells me it gives ranking points per crystal earned by the fellowship in the weekly spire contests. My Spire Library is at level 2 so I should get one ranking point per crystal. My fellowship got 330 crystals last week. I got no ranking points. I contacted support and they are now telling me those points go somewhere else, the the fellowships spire rank, or something else. This buildings description says that I get ranking points. It's awards seem to be something else that gives me nothing. What a waste of space this building is starting to appear to be.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
This sounds like you are getting confused between Orbs and Crystals as the Spire of Eternity only has a maximum of 12 Crystals each week. These represent the unlocking points for the rewards that the Fellowship can win.
The 330 you are referring to are the Orbs that the Fellows get for completing each encouter, these are what unlock the Crystals, that then grant the Ranking Points.

DeletedUser1070

Sure, you win, I'm the one confused. This building, after spending kp to level it, is worthless. I received 6 Ranking Points for the 330 orbs that my fellowship earned. Not worth the space, time, kp, enthusiasm, etc.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Not about winning @ButterCup about hoping that we are able to help players if they are stuck with any terminology in the game.
As with all Ancient Wonders their benefits increase as they are upgraded, this specific one can grant between 0.5 and 15 Ranking Points per Spire Crystal.

Gargon667

Mentor
Well... I'm not allowed to say any AWs are worthless... but I do struggle to see a reason for building that one.
If you don´t say it, I will. It is totally and utterly useless for anyone who is not interested in ranking points. And even then ...

Gargon667

Mentor
I assume I will be modded soon then, which is weird because I rather frequently call things useless... only time I can remember being censored was when I recently used a 4 letter word that starts with and s and ends with a hit.

DeletedUser1070

Now I get to look at the eyesore every day until I finally delete the useless pile of rocks. Someone please convince me that this thing is worth keeping.

Gargon667

Mentor
Now I get to look at the eyesore every day until I finally delete the useless pile of rocks. Someone please convince me that this thing is worth keeping.

In the old tourney I would have said: Keep it till you need the space
In the new tourney: the best use of this AW is to instantly delete it, at least it will make your tourney (a tiny little bit) easier if you do. Because it sure is no other use than that.
learn from it and next time you wonder: choose AWs that help you. Don´t place all the junk that is available, just because you can. It used to be a silly waste of space, now it still is, but you add a tourney penalty to the mix...

DeletedUser1070

Yep, my mistake was confusing orbs for crystals. I wouldn't have placed the thing had I not been messed up. Even if the thing gave 50 points per crystal and 1kp/day it would still be a waste of space. Makes me wonder why they even bothered.

Skelve

Bard
Or or... I also had a different understanding since it stated as "Ranking Points" with a symbol which resembles player ranking points. Similarly, does the ranking points of Tournament Arena goes to the tournament ranking?

DeletedUser1070

My Tournament Arena gives me ranking points per chest. It did just that today. Works as advertised, no magic transmogrifications into some other confusing thing that sounds like some other similar thing.

alsael

Enchanter
These 2 wonders are for a specific purpose.For those of us who care about leaderboards.Maybe the one that gives you free troops is a bit more useful,but still there are far better wonders to upgrade....

valle

Soothsayer
The one giving troops could be considered, but for now I think there are better alternatives for me to upgrade before I think about it. But I don't see it as a problem as there are enough of other AWs to build/upgrade. In a way it's good that there are som 'bad for me' AWs as if they all were good it would result in great lack of space ;)

It's a bit disrespectful to label an AW as totally useless. Maybe it's useless for you, but other players might think it's great. People play this game in a lot of ways.

Killiak

Artisan
My Tournament Arena gives me ranking points per chest. It did just that today. Works as advertised, no magic transmogrifications into some other confusing thing that sounds like some other similar thing.

The other AW does the same thing, it gives ranking points for every Spire 'Chest' you get on your individual level.
Basically, for every gate boss you personally defeat in the Spire, you will get ranking point.

Also, I have no qualms stating that these two AW's are utterly useless, a waste of space, and whichever Inno employee or team came up with these things should take a trip to the unemployment office soon.

Gargon667

Mentor
The one giving troops could be considered, but for now I think there are better alternatives for me to upgrade before I think about it. But I don't see it as a problem as there are enough of other AWs to build/upgrade. In a way it's good that there are som 'bad for me' AWs as if they all were good it would result in great lack of space ;)

It's a bit disrespectful to label an AW as totally useless. Maybe it's useless for you, but other players might think it's great. People play this game in a lot of ways.

I agree that anyone can find useful whatever they want to find useful. Different styles are great and they should label their AW whichever way works for them.
If I find it useless I will call it useless. And i am more than happy to discuss the hoops you have to jump through to make certain AWs useful. I consider that entertaining. It does not make an AW generally useful just because you can construe ways to make it useful. I see it that way: if an AW is not generally useful, it is useless, if you have a special plan you can make a useless AW useful, that is ingenious and commendable. Take @CrazyWizard as an example, he takes a horribly useless AW (the lighthouse of good neighbourhood) and makes it useful. Kudos for that, doesn´t mean anyone else who has it benefits from it. So I will continue to call it useless and keep the exception to the rule in mind :)

Or another example if you refuse to fight, all military AWs are entirely useless, of course they are by far the most powerful AWs in the game, but if you don´t fight they are not. I call them powerful, you call them useless and we´re still both right :D