• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Shivering Tale of Dr. Freakenspleen

DeletedUser8409

I've never accused anyone of trying to rob me of something you may have mistaken me for another poster.

I know someone else did very wisely point out that if you don't want to do an event that is on then you have a choice to skip it but if there are no events you have no choice but to miss out.

Frankly it wouldn't bother me if there was an event on every single week like there is the Tournament every single week. Then I'd have an option to partake or skip whenever I wanted. It is the rarity not abundance of events that triggers FOMO - do you fear missing out on the tournament or do you know if you don't get around to it this week you can next week? Especially since there's no minimum contribution level for most fellowships with events like there are for Tournaments.

If you want a break from events then why not skip the Halloween event? There's nothing truly unique in it. The only events that have ever given something exceptionally unique in my eyes are Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear. Carnival after that was good. Every other event building I've ever won I've never felt couldn't be sold.

Killiak

Artisan
I don't think it's too much. I'd be disappointed if the events got cancelled just because we have different unrelated new features.

No feature is unrelated, as it is all related to your village, your time, and your (in-game) resources.

Timneh

Artisan
I've never accused anyone of trying to rob me of something you may have mistaken me for another poster.

If that is the case i appologise for my comment.

It is the rarity not abundance of events that triggers FOMO

I don't agree with that. With the number of events we now get you can't class them as rare in my opinion. Because there is a prize or prizes in every event and they are all different some players will want them all just in case there is something that will help them or make things easier e.g all the set buildings that gave T3 goods that allowed some players to sell all T3 manufactories and therefore have more space for other things.

do you fear missing out on the tournament or do you know if you don't get around to it this week you can next week?

It would not bother me if there were no tournaments. I am in a very relaxed FS so i do as much or as little as i want to do. There are no rewards in tournaments that i need so i don't care if i get them or not.

If you want a break from events then why not skip the Halloween event?

I have already stated that i will indeed be skipping the Halloween event and probably the one after it as well. By the time the one after that comes around i will hopefully have reached my target point in the game and left.

DeletedUser1874

As to neverending stream of events, think about players in the end game (and more and more players catch up there). If Inno doesn't run events often, what is for them to do for 6-8 months in between chapters? Tournaments/Spire are useful, but are really the same week in and out (and similar complaint can be made about these two - running them every week can be taxing). And if events are not there, then these players will disengage from the game. Some may welcome that, but ultimately once disengaged they will likely find something else to occupy themselves with (another game, another hobby etc) and may never come back. And a lot of these players are active, committed players, quite a few probably spenders too. Disengagement from these folks won't be good for Inno.
As an endgame player, I was more engaged when there were less events. Now the engagement has been replaced with stress, which could indeed lead to me disengaging. As a matter of fact, I've already started disengaging in more than one way - I play less, I devote more time to other games. Games that are not so crammed-up with timed events, specifically. Of course there will be some who disagree, but the vast majority of the endgame players I talk to feel the same.

Killiak

Artisan
@Muf-Muf

After a beta-test, and I assume thorough checking, there's still mistakes like this. Tsk Tsk!

9QGalAd.png

Hekata

Artisan
I am disappointed to see that the solve spire encounters AND/OR province encounters quest has been replaced by just OR. This was one of the few good options during the previous event and now that's gone. Solving 7 (or later 9) spire encounters is a lot and can be very tricky because it's based on luck (for caterers at least). Giving us the option to mix them was much better. I'd start in the spire and then switch to regular encounters when/if I got stuck. There is not way I am going to try do 9 encounters in the spire. I hope you revert it to AND/OR for the next event.

DeletedUser3571

I thought i remembered on beta it saying only or but actually being AND/OR, luckily I happened to be on this quest and thought i would test it for you, it is AND/OR even if its not saying so.
I did 1 spire encounter and then 1 province and now i have done 2 according to the quests

Hekata

Artisan
Ah, ok, then all is good :) I didn't think to test it as last time it was stated it's AND/OR so I figured they would have kept the same phrasing for this one if the same rule applied.
Except for that one quest that bugged me (I guess my fault for not testing it), I am enjoying this event a lot because I finally have a quest list again. It's short and relatively easy to do and the main prize has a nice pop/culture ratio plus Halloween themed buildings are among my favourites :)

DeletedUser6357

Resist the FOMO. Prioritize. Again, you don't have to do everything, all the time, all at once.
I can't imagine you can sleep peacefully if you don't have 6 bears ... :p

In the Autumn Zodiac I played up to a brown bear at level 10. Nothing more. That was enough for 16 wells. In the other two worlds I only collected the fallen keys and took 5-6 wells per world.
Unlike previous events, when I played until the end of all three worlds.
I am now playing this event by inertia as I wait to develop the Elvenari portal to level 4.
My impression is that players from the beginning - 2017, are already tired. We already have a player who graduated from the Constructs chapter and refused to play anymore.
And for me, the biggest reason for this fatigue is the bullying of IG towards the players.

m4rt1n

Adept
I am almost finished with this event now, just waiting on my scout. I have to say I much prefer a set list of quests than the randomness of previous events.
That has made it much more relaxing and enjoyable to participate in. :)

Julian

Sorcerer
Quest 30 says to collect enchantment items from "the magic academy". Thus, I thought ones collected in the tournament wouldn't count. But they do.

Deleted User - 1634960

Quest 30 says to collect enchantment items from "the magic academy". Thus, I thought ones collected in the tournament wouldn't count. But they do.
The phrasing is to try to indicate (in a limited space) that the Enchantment items needed are those which can be Created (not Crafted) in the Magic Academy. Thus, Pet Food and Teleport Spells are not Enchantment items to this quest. ;)

Thagdal

Sorcerer
The phrasing is to try to indicate (in a limited space) that the Enchantment items needed are those which can be Created (not Crafted) in the Magic Academy. Thus, Pet Food and Teleport Spells are not Enchantment items to this quest. ;)

Maybe there should be another tab on the magic academy saying spells so the petfood and teleports can go in there, so theres less confusion, as they are all in the enchantment tab. ;)

DeletedUser9498

I do not think this event is fair on smaller new players. I am 2500 ish points and have only been in the game a month-ish. So when it says I have to produce 2.4 steel or 60k of coins that's not exactly easy. My steel producers produce 47 steel in three hours which means I'd have to produce steel 52 times to get passed this level, I have 4 producers which means I need to produce 13 times to get my fill. 13 x 3 is 39 hours in total to get my production if I collected and set off a new group every 3 hours like clockwork. As I have something of a life and a sleeping pattern that's a pretty big ask. I was told this game was fun for all but seems very unfair for smaller players.

DeletedUser3571

Unfortunately they set the amounts by the chapter you are in, so if you are in the early part of the chapter than the amounts can seem really high but in the later parts of the chapter it can be alright,

Deleted User - 1759805

I do not think this event is fair on smaller new players. I am 2500 ish points and have only been in the game a month-ish. So when it says I have to produce 2.4 steel or 60k of coins that's not exactly easy. My steel producers produce 47 steel in three hours which means I'd have to produce steel 52 times to get passed this level, I have 4 producers which means I need to produce 13 times to get my fill. 13 x 3 is 39 hours in total to get my production if I collected and set off a new group every 3 hours like clockwork. As I have something of a life and a sleeping pattern that's a pretty big ask. I was told this game was fun for all but seems very unfair for smaller players.
This is a slow quest in any chapter. You need more manufactories - when they're low level and small, you need more of them. 4x of T1 at that level is pretty low. Double that and you will cut your quest time in half.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Another reason for your small production (in addition to too low number of manufactories as MinMax pointed out in previous post) is your probably small bonus from relics. You need to (want to) reach 500 steel relics as soon as possible. It won’t help you in this event, but it will help you in the next one. And in your game in general. ;-) For the next steel tournament you need to stock up on your light ranged units. And if you manage to craft some Enlightened Light Ranged buildings in the Magic Academy, they will help you to complete a lot of provinces in that tournament.