• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Shivering Tale of Dr. Freakenspleen

LazyTony

Sorcerer
think about players in the end game

See, exactly the opposite is true for those end game players I speak to regularly (maybe 10-15 of them), myself included. None of them thinks we have too little going on, and nearly all of them would rather less was going on.

The discussion is rather moot anyway, Inno have decided mo events mo money, so mo events it will be.

DeletedUser8409

See, exactly the opposite is true for those end game players I speak to regularly (maybe 10-15 of them), myself included. None of them thinks we have too little going on, and nearly all of them would rather less was going on.

The discussion is rather moot anyway, Inno have decided mo events mo money, so mo events it will be.
Count me as one of the none.

I enjoy having a challenge between chapters.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Yep, didn't claim you were one of the players I speak to regularly, I was thinking of those in my FS, or those I have met in game and have moved on to other FSes. We have a little discord group :p

Errandil

Conjurer
And if events are not there, then these players will disengage from the game. Some may welcome that, but ultimately once disengaged they will likely find something else to occupy themselves with (another game, another hobby etc) and may never come back. And a lot of these players are active, committed players, quite a few probably spenders too. Disengagement from these folks won't be good for Inno.
The problem with this is that from my experience with other games this can cause part of the active players burning out and stopping bothering with the game overall. I understand that Inno can't cater to every player type, but there should be some balance in the amount of in-game activities and as I see it now, this balance is a bit off.

m4rt1n

Adept
The problem with this is that from my experience with other games this can cause part of the active players burning out and stopping bothering with the game overall. I understand that Inno can't cater to every player type, but there should be some balance in the amount of in-game activities and as I see it now, this balance is a bit off.

And the balance was much better before when Level 1 buildings could be used and a set quest list.
Example a 4 week summer event starts in July but I jet off for my vacation after 10 days of it, I can still do as much as possible in the 10 days and visa versa, returning mid event from a camping trip, with set quests I can pleasantly catch up without too much stress with forward planning. :)

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer

Agree 100% and can also say the same for my partner who decided after 3 years she'd had enough and deleted her account.

Timneh

Artisan
The quantity of events haven't changed.

I have to disagree. When events were first introduced we got fairly large gaps between them but it's not just events now, tournaments have changed, they used to be neighbourhood based and now they are FS based which (arguably) increases the pressure for people to take part. We now have the spire every week. in between events they throw FAs at us or challenges although i admit challenges are something and nothing.

As to neverending stream of events, think about players in the end game (and more and more players catch up there). If Inno doesn't run events often, what is for them to do for 6-8 months in between chapters?

I really do not believe that all the events are to give end game players something to do. I think it is more about Inno earning money from them more than giving end game players something to do. I might be wrong but that is my opinion.

DeletedUser8632

Dear @Muf-Muf ,

since this event will again require level appropriate workshops and factories could you PLEASE provide a final and correct list of required levels by chapter that is valid for both humans and elves?

Right now there is only a post buried in the 50+ page autumn event thread that has a link to a post with a link to a beta post with a link to a table that may or may not be accurate. Since some of the level requirements still (?) don't tie up with the actual 1 chapter / 3 chapter previous rule - sometimes humans/elves need one level of building less/more than required - this would be really helpful!

Thank you in advance.

DeletedUser8409

I have to disagree. When events were first introduced we got fairly large gaps between them but it's not just events now, tournaments have changed, they used to be neighbourhood based and now they are FS based which (arguably) increases the pressure for people to take part. We now have the spire every week. in between events they throw FAs at us or challenges although i admit challenges are something and nothing.
When are you comparing with? Tournaments now are still the same as they were in the first half of 2017.

And I quoted the exact numbers. We have had fewer events in 2019 than we did in 2018 and the same or fewer as we had 2017.

So when are you comparing to? 2016? If so sure it wasn't a fully developed game then compared to now.

Killiak

Artisan
And I quoted the exact numbers. We have had fewer events in 2019 than we did in 2018 and the same or fewer as we had 2017.

And everybody else is talking about more than just events, they include things like FA, challenges, Spire etc.

DeletedUser8409

And everybody else is talking about more than just events, they include things like FA, challenges, Spire etc.
Indeed so more features are being added to the game as it gets developed but the event schedule has stayed roughly the same.

As more features get added they're not taking away older ones but is that a bad thing?

Something tells me if they'd added the Spire as a new weekly feature but cancelled the Tournament and said the Spire replaces it then that would not have gone down well!

Timneh

Artisan
When are you comparing with? Tournaments now are still the same as they were in the first half of 2017.

Just because things are the same now as they were when you joined the game does not mean that they have not been changed from the way they were before you joined. The change to tournaments is one such change, they used to be played with your neighbours from the world map but now they are played with your FS members, the tournament prizes were changed too.

DeletedUser8409

Just because things are the same now as they were when you joined the game does not mean that they have not been changed from the way they were before you joined. The change to tournaments is one such change, they used to be played with your neighbours from the world map but now they are played with your FS members, the tournament prizes were changed too.
So changes happened 3 or 4 years ago. Why bemoan that now?

Personally given my neighbourhood has a lot of dead and inactive cities I'm glad I play the Tournament with my Fellows. But you've had how long to get used to that and the quantity of events - 3, 4 years? I can understand bemoaning recent changes like the "current or previous chapter" but not what's changed 3 years ago.

Killiak

Artisan
Indeed so more features are being added to the game as it gets developed but the event schedule has stayed roughly the same.

As more features get added they're not taking away older ones but is that a bad thing?

If you have been reading the forums dilligently, then you would know that there are a good bunch of people whom are finding it to have become too much.

I don't understand why you are arguing this. This is the feedback that has been given, not only on this server. Are you trying to argue that their personal feeling on the game is invalid somehow?

DeletedUser8409

If you have been reading the forums dilligently, then you would know that there are a good bunch of people whom are finding it to have become too much.

I don't understand why you are arguing this. This is the feedback that has been given, not only on this server. Are you trying to argue that their personal feeling on the game is invalid somehow?
Not at all. Everyone is entitled to their own feelings, I'm just giving mine too.

I appreciate the events and new features - some more than others, I like the Spire but the FA I find very frustrating - but I also find the quantity of events has been consistent for the nearly three years that I've been playing. I appreciate it may be more than there were 4 years ago but when every new event is met by a groan despite it following the same schedule we have had all along while I've played should I just stay quiet and not engage in the conversation?

Killiak

Artisan
Not at all. Everyone is entitled to their own feelings, I'm just giving mine too.

I appreciate the events and new features - some more than others, I like the Spire but the FA I find very frustrating - but I also find the quantity of events has been consistent for the nearly three years that I've been playing. I appreciate it may be more than there were 4 years ago but when every new event is met by a groan despite it following the same schedule we have had all along while I've played should I just stay quiet and not engage in the conversation?

Because the entire point of the feedback and discussion is that the combination of events and happenings, has become too much.
Anything else is a false comparison.

DeletedUser8409

Because the entire point of the feedback and discussion is that the combination of events and happenings, has become too much.
Anything else is a false comparison.
That's fine if people think that they can say that.

I don't think it's too much. I'd be disappointed if the events got cancelled just because we have different unrelated new features.

Other people can give their feedback. I'm entitled to give mine too aren't I?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
We have had fewer events in 2019 than we did in 2018 and the same or fewer as we had 2017.

We'll have 6 big events in 2019 vs. 4 big events in 2018. That's pretty much a difference. And the devs wish that we do no longer finish an event early.

But you are right, the numbers aren't as bad as the situation feels right now. Maybe something to do with the Zodiac having gone totally downhill.

Timneh

Artisan
So changes happened 3 or 4 years ago. Why bemoan that now?

Personally given my neighbourhood has a lot of dead and inactive cities I'm glad I play the Tournament with my Fellows. But you've had how long to get used to that and the quantity of events - 3, 4 years? I can understand bemoaning recent changes like the "current or previous chapter" but not what's changed 3 years ago.

I'm not complaining about the change to tournaments, i used that as an example that things have changed. I merely said that the change to tournaments (arguably) put pressure on players to take part in them.
Whether you agree or not is immaterial because there are now more events then when they were introduced and there are also several other features that have been added all of which when added up mean that some players could spend more time with these added things than they spend actually advancing their city. You are happy with all the extra things to do and that is great for you but other people think that it is now too much and would like to see a break between events and it is their right to say so just like it is your right to have your say about it although it does seem to be that whenever anyone says anything like can we please have less events you jump on them and almost accuse them of trying to rob you of some things in the game. It is not possible to give everyone what they want in a game but some will get more than others.