• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Shivering Tale of Dr. Freakenspleen

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to share your thoughts on The Shivering Tale of Dr. Freakenspleen.

We're looking forward to hearing from yooOOoooOO!

Ghastly greetings,
Your Elvenar Team

Killiak

Artisan
Thoughts;

It's a smaller event, one we can actually plan for, with good art, a decent final reward and the smaller time boosters add up to a decent total.
Very nice to see is the fact that there is no forced province/encounter completion. Keep that up!
Looking forward to Inno's take on the Halloween- Frankenstein story.

However, I will reiterate that the number of events/happenings is very high, and that we as players experience a lot of pressure from this. There's been a good amount of feedback, for a while now, on that and if Inno could please dial the frequency back a bit.

DeletedUser1874

Thoughts;

It's a smaller event, one we can actually plan for, with good art, a decent final reward and the smaller time boosters add up to a decent total.
Very nice to see is the fact that there is no forced province/encounter completion. Keep that up!
Looking forward to Inno's take on the Halloween- Frankenstein story.

However, I will reiterate that the number of events/happenings is very high, and that we as players experience a lot of pressure from this. There's been a good amount of feedback, for a while now, on that and if Inno could please dial the frequency back a bit.
Pretty much this. My only compain would be that we've got plenty of 4x4 cul/pop buildings already, perhaps less ratios and a special effect such as, I dunno, Banshee production every X hour to keep up with the theme, would've made it more interesting.

Errandil

Conjurer
Could we please slow down a bit and have a rest from the events? Maybe even get enough time to be able to actually use the teleportation spells you gave us to remove high-level workshops and make space for the guest settlement? I'm extremely glad that I was able to complete most of the game before these requirements, but there are a lot of players who actually need to develop their cities and with the new requirements it's not really possible to do both the events and guest races at decent pace without some sacrifices.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Could we please slow down a bit and have a rest from the events? Maybe even get enough time to be able to actually use the teleportation spells you gave us to remove high-level workshops and make space for the guest settlement? I'm extremely glad that I was able to complete most of the game before these requirements, but there are a lot of players who actually need to develop their cities and with the new requirements it's not really possible to do both the events and guest races at decent pace without some sacrifices.

Hi!
This question was answered by the Beta Community Moderator - the official view is that there is nothing stopping you from skipping events if you like; this one does not impact on Fellowship progress, so you can easily just ignore it without affecting your other twenty-four friends.

I personally enjoyed this; even my tiny city finished, just by taking one quest at a time without much special effort - and we made a whack of very useful Time Boosters!

Look at the Quest list in our Event Note:
https://tinyurl.com/y26su4la

This is not at all demanding; this event is just a bit of innocent fun to keep everyone happy, catering for people who don't want their game to be idle:

Timneh

Artisan
This question was answered by the Beta Community Moderator - the official view is that there is nothing stopping you from skipping events if you like

Very true but then you have to think that some people suffer from FOMO and that means that they will take part in every event that Inno throws at them. Inno are not going to cut back on the amount of events because they make money from them.

Errandil

Conjurer
Hi!
This question was answered by the Beta Community Moderator - the official view is that there is nothing stopping you from skipping events if you like; this one does not impact on Fellowship progress, so you can easily just ignore it without affecting your other twenty-four friends.

I personally enjoyed this; even my tiny city finished, just by taking one quest at a time without much special effort - and we made a whack of very useful Time Boosters!

Look at the Quest list in our Event Note:
https://tinyurl.com/y26su4la

This is not at all demanding; this event is just a bit of innocent fun to keep everyone happy, catering for people who don't want their game to be idle:
I know that this particular event isn't too hard, but my main issue with the new event setup is that previuosly you could just delete all the lvl1 WSs once the event ended and if the next one caught you mid-chapter you still could squeeze several workshops to be able to do something. Now you can't easily rebuild them for the event since one WS takes days of upgrading. And wasting teleportation spells to have space for two weeks we get between one event and another isn't exactly what I want to do and it doesn't really help with anything since the guest races take longer than two weeks and it's much harder to find space to put back 20+ square workshop than a 4-square one.
About skipping the events - for me it takes all the fun from the game when there's some activity with prizes and I don't participate. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this attitude.

DeletedUser8409

I know that this particular event isn't too hard, but my main issue with the new event setup is that previuosly you could just delete all the lvl1 WSs once the event ended and if the next one caught you mid-chapter you still could squeeze several workshops to be able to do something. Now you can't easily rebuild them for the event since one WS takes days of upgrading. And wasting teleportation spells to have space for two weeks we get between one event and another isn't exactly what I want to do and it doesn't really help with anything since the guest races take longer than two weeks and it's much harder to find space to put back 20+ square workshop than a 4-square one.
About skipping the events - for me it takes all the fun from the game when there's some activity with prizes and I don't participate. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this attitude.
Why would you want to replace WS?

I understand manufactories, but WS are more efficient at higher levels, unlike manufactories. Or just keep 1 of each at least and teleport the rest until the next challenging event and you can use time boosts to complete with that one..

Errandil

Conjurer
Why would you want to replace WS?

I understand manufactories, but WS are more efficient at higher levels, unlike manufactories. Or just keep 1 of each at least and teleport the rest until the next challenging event and you can use time boosts to complete with that one..
Rebuilding a single manufactory takes about 5 days and a WS 10+. So with two-weeks notice we usually get it's possible to build 10+ manus if needed and therefore I consider them a relatively easy deletable objects. But because I have been playing with zero workshops since the beginning of the guest chapters they are now occupying space I usually use for other purposes and that's really annoying.

cwgiii

Shaman
As with most things in life, this game has taught me a few lessons:

1. Patience is key. Take your time. This gives you time to gather data / information, learn and Consider carefully. You cannot have everything all at once (unless you are independently wealthy).

2. Consider carefully. Choose wisely. Resist the FOMO. Prioritize. Again, you don't have to do everything, all the time, all at once. You can choose to focus on building your city, building your army, building up goods for negotiating, progressing through the Spire, working with your fellows on an FA, killing an event, racing through a chapter, OR just plodding along while pleasantly burning time between meetings at the office. You might even choose two, or more of these at the same time.

This has been one reason that I really enjoy this game. Take an event, or leave it. You do YOU.

It is true that many folks have a drive to achieve as much, or more, than possible. Inno counts on this to make money. I get that. We can choose to contribute to this or not (No judgement here, just a fact). I appreciate the folks that fund this game. I cannot afford that. So, I choose to enjoy what I can and I leave the rest on the table.

I acknowledge that many factors are changing in game. I see more incentive to fight rather than not (I have been an exclusive negotiator here, in the past. It remains to be seen, if that carries forward much longer). So far, I have still been able to choose how I play. It also remains to bee seen if those choices remain open for future chapters, for me (I am currently at the beginning of the Elementals Chapter).

Just a few observations.

Deleted User - 1759805

So the solution is to take away opportunity to participate from those who are willing and able to participate in events more often? I see. Well, I disagree. If you don't want to be in an event when it is on then it is easily achievable with nothing but self control - it is entirely on player's side. If you want to be in an event when it is not on then there is nothing you can do on your end. In one case you have a choice, in another case you don't.

You want to take away choices from other players. I fundamentally disagree with that.

DeletedUser8409

Very well said. Trying to strip others of their fun because of FOMO isn't big or clever. Choose what you want to do and do it.

Timneh

Artisan
When events were first introduced to the game there were 4 big ones per year with a mini one inbetween them. Back then they were fun and (possibly) players looked forward to them and got excited when they started, i think that has changed now. What is there to look forward to now when you know that when one event ends there will be another one in a couple of weeks. If you read through all the threads on this forum you would see that there have been a lot of players that have said that events are now too regular, i kind of think it is the minority that are happy with so many events but we know that Inno seems to cater to the minority so we can expect events to keep coming as often as they are.

Folks I am skipping this one and asking that you all do the same

I have already said i'm not doing events anymore.

Errandil

Conjurer
So the solution is to take away opportunity to participate from those who are willing and able to participate in events more often?
Fair enough, it's a bit selfish of me to wish to have less events. Maybe I should refrain from such comments. Though I must notice that I'm overall a bit tired that every game I play tend to turn into endless stream of events with only a few days between them. And since this is a feedback thread I'm just leaving my feedback that I'm not exactly excited about this game turning into yet another one that tries to occupy all the free time you have.

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm happy that the random quests are not in this event.

The prize looks very nice and only 32 set quests to complete so I can plan if I wish or just go with the flow and work my way through like I have done in similar events.

So I'm looking forward to this one. :)

Lelanya

Mentor
I'm happy that the random quests are not in this event.

The prize looks very nice and only 32 set quests to complete so I can plan if I wish or just go with the flow and work my way through like I have done in similar events.

So I'm looking forward to this one. :)
Yes Martin true enough
The random as well as the enforced level issue are both difficulties. But Muf-Muf said he would be monitoring participation in THIS event so this is where we need to exercise our vote.

DeletedUser8409

When events were first introduced to the game there were 4 big ones per year with a mini one inbetween them. Back then they were fun and (possibly) players looked forward to them and got excited when they started, i think that has changed now. What is there to look forward to now when you know that when one event ends there will be another one in a couple of weeks. If you read through all the threads on this forum you would see that there have been a lot of players that have said that events are now too regular, i kind of think it is the minority that are happy with so many events but we know that Inno seems to cater to the minority so we can expect events to keep coming as often as they are.

I have already said i'm not doing events anymore.
The quantity of events haven't changed.

I first registered for this game in Late April/Early May 2017 with the first event I did since being Menhirok's Barrow. By pure coincidence that's the first event listed on ElvenGems/GGOK but I know it wasn't the first event that year, there'd at least been an Easter and a Valentine's if not more before then.

From May - Dec 2017 there were 7 events, there were more before that in 2017.
In 2018 there were 11 events
So far in 2019 Hallowe'en will be the 8th event.

Christmas will probably be the 9th and final event of the year, leaving us with 2 fewer events than we had in 2018 and no more probably than 2017.

Deleted User - 1759805

Fair enough, it's a bit selfish of me to wish to have less events. Maybe I should refrain from such comments. Though I must notice that I'm overall a bit tired that every game I play tend to turn into endless stream of events with only a few days between them. And since this is a feedback thread I'm just leaving my feedback that I'm not exactly excited about this game turning into yet another one that tries to occupy all the free time you have.
I have no problem with people wanting fewer events (or anything else for what matter), it is certainly a valid feedback - as long as people realize that not every player wants the same thing. If you have more choices, then you can tailor your gameplay more closely with how you want to do things - which might be entirely different from someone else's gameplay. Fewer choices means that more players will be forced to do something they cannot or do not want.

That's why I usually advocate for more different choices, rather than one particular outcome (even though I personally may favor some).

As to neverending stream of events, think about players in the end game (and more and more players catch up there). If Inno doesn't run events often, what is for them to do for 6-8 months in between chapters? Tournaments/Spire are useful, but are really the same week in and out (and similar complaint can be made about these two - running them every week can be taxing). And if events are not there, then these players will disengage from the game. Some may welcome that, but ultimately once disengaged they will likely find something else to occupy themselves with (another game, another hobby etc) and may never come back. And a lot of these players are active, committed players, quite a few probably spenders too. Disengagement from these folks won't be good for Inno.