• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Pit

Maxical

Seeker
I prefer the new FA because it means that the Pit is a lot less useful. Can you make it so that access to the Pit is limited only to teams that have completed ALL stages of ALL levels. That would make it even harder to get access. Then you could make the points gained in the Pit higher so that the teams that have worked hard to get through all the adventure get a bonus.

Gargon667

Mentor
I prefer the new FA because it means that the Pit is a lot less useful. Can you make it so that access to the Pit is limited only to teams that have completed ALL stages of ALL levels. That would make it even harder to get access. Then you could make the points gained in the Pit higher so that the teams that have worked hard to get through all the adventure get a bonus.

Why would that make any difference at all? The points we gain in the pit are entirely useless! The only reason to do the pit is to win the competition. It makes no difference if you gain 100 points and the other FS gains 100 points, or if you both get 1000 points or 1 million points.

Btw the pit is exactly as useful as before. It has never had anything to with the rewards and it has always decided who comes in first place and it does exactly the same thing now. Not locking it opens at least a tiny extra fraction of tactics to the game (deciding which WPs to do and which ones to skip to achieve a higher overall score)

Maxical

Seeker
Well it seems to me that it will be very difficult to get anywhere in the Pit now because some of the resources are scarce eg Vision Vapour. That will mean that it is much more difficult to sit is the Pit for several days and achieve anything. So I don't agree that the Pit is as useful as before.

And it seems to me that a lot less people will get to the Pit and even if you do get to the Pit it will be useless.

So go for it. Get stuck in the Pit.

Gargon667

Mentor
Well it seems to me that it will be very difficult to get anywhere in the Pit now because some of the resources are scarce eg Vision Vapour. That will mean that it is much more difficult to sit is the Pit for several days and achieve anything. So I don't agree that the Pit is as useful as before.

And it seems to me that a lot less people will get to the Pit and even if you do get to the Pit it will be useless.

So go for it. Get stuck in the Pit.

I honestly don´t know what your talking about. Getting stuck? Make more badges? It´s working fine for us.

How would more points mean you get less stuck?

Why do you play the pit at all? Other than getting more points trying to overtake other FS on the rank screen? Everybody gets the same amount of points in the pit so it makes absolutely no difference if everybody gets 10 points per WP or 10000000000. Well the only difference would be if you have a fetish for zeroes... in that case the second option is preferable.

Maxical

Seeker
Well you are entitled to your opinion. We are in the pit and making VV is a painful slow process unless of course you are prepared to pay money for diamonds.

I think it would be a better game if the stages were more difficult and the Pit was a prize and made so that teams only get to the Pit for about an hour. Then there would be a real last minute competition. Making it necessary to have all stages and all levels would make it a lot more difficult, less people would get to the Pit, then having more points for the rarer items would work in my opinion.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Playing the pit or not playing the pit is the choice of a fellowship. Any potential prizes other than that for ranking is already awarded when the third flag is taken. Getting to the third flag in itself is already an accomplishment for many teams, be it one route or all. Making it more difficult for those is not going to go down very well.

If your fellowship is already in the pit by now, you are in a strong fellowship. Some will hate the pit with a passion, others will embrace it. A bottleneck in the pit could just as easily have been a bottleneck on the map. Granted it is not funny to look at the same point for 24 hrs and more. If said bottleneck turns out to be a statue, it might even be 48 hrs.

Gargon667

Mentor
Well you are entitled to your opinion. We are in the pit and making VV is a painful slow process unless of course you are prepared to pay money for diamonds.

I think it would be a better game if the stages were more difficult and the Pit was a prize and made so that teams only get to the Pit for about an hour. Then there would be a real last minute competition. Making it necessary to have all stages and all levels would make it a lot more difficult, less people would get to the Pit, then having more points for the rarer items would work in my opinion.

You are in exactly the same position as everybody else. VV is one of the limiting 2 (or 3) badges in this FA. For everybody.

Some FS finish the maps in 2 days. So you want you want to keep people stuck on the maps for 5 days rolling their thumbs? And then add a "competition" who can click the fastest throwing in all the badges made for 5 days in 1 hour??? Worst idea ever.

making the maps more difficult for everybody will result in many FS not being able to complete at all, whats the point of that? An optional high requirement (even higher points) path I could agree on. I made that suggestion a long time ago, but it didn´t turn out popular I guess.