• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Phoenix Cult

m4rt1n

Adept
That won't help as the double feathers will end at the same time the next daily starts and it is 140 essence needed to open the big egg and he only has 11. Unlikely to get 129 from the crashed eggs before double feathers ends.
So close but yet so far away, i feel for you Pangeran.

There will be 1 hour of double feathers after the daily chest unlocks, due to a time difference that has occurred throughout the event, after European Summer Time started. I used that hour twice to spin double feathers on a decent building rather than the 5 day military ones.

DeletedUser6173

My Phoenix Set Building
No Lighthouse, didn't spend essence on that since I was saving for double feathers.
1z5ooia.jpg

DeletedUser6399

I have completed every single daily quest. I have completed all other quests and then they just stopped, I have only had daily quests available for the past 4 days- but I am nowhere near gaining 3rd tier prize- I only spend the 140 at a time (never the 90 or 50 option) how is it fair or reasonable to create an event where it isn't possible to collect enough purple diamonds to gain the main prize. Why did the tasks stop and only have daily tasks to complete once i reached a certain point. I will have to spend $100US or more to gain enough diamonds to spend to reach the 800 feathers i require to get last prize. This is silly and completey unreasonable and misleading

DeletedUser6401

im just a wee small city and have struggled to get the prizes. with 11hrs left i am five points short of getting main prize 2, and no chance of getting them as i need to build 5 things that take 9hrs thanks anyways just think its a little mean to get sooooo close

DeletedUser3781

You could use time instants on those builds if you want that 2nd prize.

DeletedUser

I have completed every single daily quest. I have completed all other quests and then they just stopped, I have only had daily quests available for the past 4 days- but I am nowhere near gaining 3rd tier prize- I only spend the 140 at a time (never the 90 or 50 option) how is it fair or reasonable to create an event where it isn't possible to collect enough purple diamonds to gain the main prize. Why did the tasks stop and only have daily tasks to complete once i reached a certain point. I will have to spend $100US or more to gain enough diamonds to spend to reach the 800 feathers i require to get last prize. This is silly and completey unreasonable and misleading
There were 86 quests on the main questline and once done the quest giver vanishes, we still had the daily quest plus any eggs we could collect from our cities. The information was all available on Gamers Gems of Knowledge the link of which has been given many times over in different posts on the forum - https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/phoenix-cult

It is possible to get the 3rd prize without spending diamonds - I got it on one of my cities, didn't spend diamonds but primarily did the 50 essence and mostly on double feather days - I think it was Killiak who said you should decide your strategy early on as the 140 essence gives the greatest chance for the daily prize but the 50 essence gives the greatest chance to win more essence to get more feathers:
50 essence - 50 essence 15% chance, 90 essence 19% chance, daily prize 7% chance
90 essence - 90 essence 11% chance, 140 esence 16% chance, daily prize 13% chance
140 essence - 140 essence 15%, 200 essence 8%, daily prize 25% chance

so whereas you would have got more daily prizes than me (at a guess) I got a lot of the 90 essences for my 50 essence cost, lots and lots of feathers on double days, and in the end on the city which got the 3rd set building I also have more than 70 various instants and 1 wishing well.

DeletedUser

But is the set really that good? I don't think it is for the space it takes.
Totally agree, when small cities are struggling for space anyway and when the Magic Academy with its 5x5 is horrible to place these buildings are even worse, at this rate small cities will be full of set buildings and not much else.

DeletedUser5976

I didn't go for the set buildings as I'm only in chapter 4 and wouldn't enjoy them long enough before outgrowing at least the culture and population boosts, although in the course of my hunt for the dailies got the first two grand prizes. However I mainly wanted the Burning Eggs and I now have 7 of those to replace all my Cyclones. Same space twice the culture. So I'm very happy with this event, even if my OCD whinges a little at not being able to complete it ;).

DeletedUser3451

Totally agree, when small cities are struggling for space anyway and when the Magic Academy with its 5x5 is horrible to place these buildings are even worse, at this rate small cities will be full of set buildings and not much else.
Well that's why people have choice. If their city is too small to use the set buildings, people should consider taking daily rewards instead, if they benefit from them. There's something useful for everyone in those events.

Susie49

Soothsayer
As a relative newbie who is currently working with dwarves I love the high-culture buildings and the time instants that you win during these events. Also all that buying and otherwise acquiring KP speeds my research up nicely. I was nowhere near winning the 3rd prize unfortunately - the KP bonus would have been useful for me - and despite opening over 20 eggs altogether on pavilion days I never did win one! I hope that another event with similar daily prizes will run again to I can have another try at winning that elusive pavilion :)

Timneh

Artisan
It seems that it does not matter if you claim the grand prizes when you got enough feathers or not you still get them when the event finishes. I completed the event but i had no intention of claiming the 3 grand prizes as i did not want them but when the event finished i still got the first 2 awarded. They will now sit in my inventory forever unless i build and then sell them straight away.

m4rt1n

Adept
Thought I'd mention my wishing well again now it is 21 days old and I have collected almost 40 times, and so far 20 diamonds. The odds are not as I would expect and don't seem near 10%, maybe 5% chance of diamonds.

Killiak

Artisan
Thought I'd mention my wishing well again now it is 21 days old and I have collected almost 40 times, and so far 20 diamonds. The odds are not as I would expect and don't seem near 10%, maybe 5% chance of diamonds.

100 days, meaning 200 collects in an optimal situtation, is a very small sample size which is highly unlikely to get you a perfect statistical spread.
You need A LOT of Wishing Wells to improve your odds.