• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Phoenix Cult

m4rt1n

Adept
Who set the parameters for todays hybrid building, I mean 260 pop in the Woodelves ch9, I just sold a hybrid building that size from the Dwarves ch6, M.O.T.Herds event with 460 pop. :confused::eek::oops:

I can only assume the devs mistyped and it should say 1260 pop to be realistic, as a house with 3 extra squares has 1200 pop.

Last edited:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist

Susie49

Soothsayer
I have only just finished researching the dwarven portal so some of the prize buildings are great for me. If you do not want or need the buildings why not save your feathers for the day when time instants are on offer. Surely everyone can use those!

Timneh

Artisan
Just a quick question as a player that does not fight. Some of the quests ask for a mighty amount of units (1494 in my chapter) does that mean it has to be 1494 of any type of unit or do heavy ranged count as more units than a light melee unit ? Put more simply if quest asked for 100 units would i have to train 100 units of any type or would it need less heavy ranged than light melee ? I only have the barracks and not a traing camp or anything else. Hope that all makes sense.

Killiak

Artisan
do heavy ranged count as more units than a light melee unit ?

You did make sense, and the answer is; Yes.

If you open your barracks, and click the little {i} button in the pictogram of a unit, it opens a new information screen.
In this information screen, there will an image of the unit on the right side. On the top right corner of that image, there is a number. This is the "size" of the unit, you will get more info if you hover over this number.

For example; my barbarian has a size 1, but my paladin has a size 6. So 600 barbarians have a size 600 (600*1). And 100 paladins have a size 600 (100*6)

The quest is based on the "size" of the units produced, even though it doesn;t tell you so in a clear manner. Breaking it down; 1494 units is equal to 1494 barbarians (1494 /1 ), or 249 paladins (1494 /6).

Capiche?

Timneh

Artisan
Thank you so much @Killiak. Don't need as many as i thought, the actual number ia 945 but im sure i saw 1494 on gamers gems. Maybe i looked at the wrong thing.

DeletedUser4003

Very disappointing event.

Less quests = less essence = less daily rewards.

For a tourney player = less unit strength / bonus hp buildings = more boring game play.

A player who's FS was first in last weeks tourney on Arendyll server, i can add that two very active players during last changes of the game and not that recent too .... (Cheap events & squad size upgrades increasing difficulty in tourneys). Are quitting the game.

Also poor grand rewards.

Not a good job elvenar team.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Should you be able to design the rewards, what would you have created instead? :)

Help us improve for our future events!

DeletedUser3781

I would like a big building packed with culture, like those from march of the herds :)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I would like a Level 1 Magic Residence to be a reward

This a great idea.

Failing that, just pls pls pls stop nerfing pop and culture on buildings to give us a tiny amount of coins supplies or non boosted goods. The amounts offered of any of these things are so small its useless, and because this reward is there the culture and/or pop is lowered. Seeds and mana buildings are of course very useful to most players, the coins\supplies\non-boosted goods are not.

DeletedUser4003

Should you be able to design the rewards, what would you have created instead? :)

Help us improve for our future events!

You did good job on quest line this time.

Well the main problem with these events are that the grand rewards aren't grand anymore, personally i don't see them as rewards in this event at all.
1st one ....what even is that ? Same small building as in winter event. Let me explain my point.
My point is that small cultural buildings is bad for your city...even if they are strong culture/square wise, not many squares there,right ? Not to mention that someone might click on it instead of willow or pond or grapefarm..... very inefficient.

As a player who helps others with city layouts and stuff i can add that small cultural are bad for the city in general. they usualy are the reason some players mess up layouts so much. Perfect layout is when you combine of groups of same layouts and put them together to fill your city completely full from east to west and north to south.

You need good reward strategy in events.

With this i mean you need to give players some flexibility to choose, i mean art work is nice, but that's it about these event buildings (Grand & daily).

Give players option to have good mana buildings as daily rewards.

Also quest line needs to be a bit longer, cause this was way to easy and also way less essence than regular = less daily's.

I do understand that this game is businesses project, as it should be, i own a pub myself.
Use grand rewards with more flexibility....to actually give something useful to players and yourselves.

1st Grand reward could be good pure cultural building (Auction house, stub, etc....)
2nd Grand reward could be good population building, with less powerful culture, like Ice Giant hag...

This would give more options for players to choose from an get what they really need.

3rd grand reward needs to be very exclusive
You could rise its cost so players who don't buy essence wouldn't get it, but that kinda messes with double sees/essence/etc day innit?
So just remove double bonus for 3rd grand reward if you are making it exclusive.
Which would mean players need to invest a bit to get it....
But to sell it add a good 2nd bonus like:

Chapter 1-8 population (cause of weak residences in these chapters)
Chapter 8-10 strong mana bonus
Chapter 11-12 strong seed production

And with the ''strong'' i mean stronger that you can build by default in chapter and next one.
Also these buildings needs to be from 20 to 30 squares big.

Think of something useful, you have people on payroll ain't you ? I'm not getting paid by you, if you would offer me a right amount of diamonds doing this, then we can talk further.

What pissed me off is that my Ice giant hag is stronger than any of grand rewards witch includes pop in this event and i mean i got it in previous chapter.
When i saw the grand rewards before event started, it felt like such a let down. I was really looking forward to this event. Cheap event from you.
You don't want to let down your potential customers don't you?

And please get rid of this virus called ''linked bonus''
-Buildings are annoying to move.
-None of the link buildings during two events has actually good 2nd bonus with this i mean if you consider the amount of space to use for other stuff to get something out from maybe 1 building makes whole idea pointless because space is the real currency here, space limits our pop & culture which leads further to military/goods/guest race production, well you got my pyramid idea.

Make the game better, more exciting, not pointless and a letdown.

By the way....good job on the FSA, its playable now :)
Also i really like what you did with KP rewards from chests....people didn't focus enough on wonders, it might be that of high coast of kp investments, i like this solution.

Cheers, FatOldElf

DeletedUser4003

Part 2

Sorry for double post.

So Lets take a look by link bonus, im gonna take a sample of my current chapter, which is chapter 9.

I wont event mention 1st grand prize ...so lets move on....2nd grand prize, 580 supply's, 232 scrolls/crystal/silk

At this chapter my expenses are close to 50 k, so how is 232x3 t2 goods helping me ? Whats the catch ?

Today i spent over 1 000 000 supply's, but you offer me 580 ?

I guess no need to move to 3rd grand reward.

This ide obviously was made by your office cat, no fish for him...ever, he deserves to be placed in box with alive octopus 4 times size of the cat.

Like i said couple posts ago, im in very active an fun FS, but sadly you got to two of our members, who are leaving the game.

cwgiii

Shaman
I am sure that Inno appreciates all feedback "FatOldElf", but I thought I would provide a few thoughts on your post.

My point is that small cultural buildings is bad for your city
I must say that this is a matter of opinion. My personal opinion is that I prefer more efficient structures, whether big or small. Others have different opinions. I know a few folks that only play for the art of the buildings.

Related to this, I do LOVE the functionality on the app version of the game to select the most optimal available cultural building to help, rather than having to hunt and find a potentially less optimal structure to help. I heard, at one point (possibly on the late Inno TV episodes) that NH would eventually be improved on the PC version. I hope this is the case sooner rather than later. Switching back and forth between the two versions is a pain now, but certainly better than the original method.

Give players option to have good mana buildings as daily rewards.

I totally agree here. And later, seeds would be an awesome option too. But I do realize that Inno seems to have come to the conclusion that earlier events had structures with reward that were "too good" and un-balanced the game. Shame that they feel this way.

Also quest line needs to be a bit longer,

Be careful what you wish for. Seems I heard the exact opposite from recent events. Again, opinion. It is possible to please some of the people some of the time. But, impossible to please everyone, all of the time.

3rd grand reward needs to be very exclusive

Same as above. I heard the exact opposite earlier that the 3rd prize was impossible to achieve. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a challenge and I am not one of those that NEEDS to have the FULL SET every time. But others seem to have this urge.

Also these buildings needs to be from 20 to 30 squares big.
WOW. Please don't do this. Space is the true commodity in this game (IMHO). I would not even try for a structure that big. Smaller, more powerful, and hence more efficient structures, are what I look for. As we progress with the guest races, the only option is to be able to piece in structures around those settlements. This is a great challenge, but we need the structures to be able to accomplish that goal. Bigger is not always better. Again, IMHO.

m4rt1n

Adept
So a quick calculation by my fellows, shows that even using every spin on a 140 on a double day will leave you short by about 9-10 140 spins for grand prize 3. :(

The longer 4-5 week Xmas event had 20 more quests and the same amounts required, so surely the requirements for grand prize 2 and 3 should have been lowered accordingly.

Instead of 250, 400 and 800 which was fine with over 100 quests, it should reflect the shorter time and fewer quests and read something like 200, 350 and 700, still tough but just about possible.

Edit: Building 3 (Grand Prize) of the set is "impossible" if you spin for the 2 other set buildings(Given the lack of double day). Given the odds the only way to get the 3 set grand prizes is to only use double days and then luck is still needed for extra essence at about 20%, but the chances are less than that, so the full set is not reasonably possible without spending money, and not a few quid, about £$20 by our calculations and even then luck is still involved.

If you spin on a none double day then the price will increase significantly. I cannot believe INNO have not realised this when they started the event.

WHY use the same requirements from the winter event with 30% less essence on offer I can not understand, as loyal players like myself feel more than a little disgruntled.

Last edited:

Killiak

Artisan
WHY use the same requirements from the winter event with 30% less essence on offer I can not understand, as loyal players like myself feel more than a little disgruntled.

The Winter Event was was actually the exception to the rule.

ALL of the events that came before, with grand prizes, had a very very very low chance to get the 3rd prize through spins alone. Something like 0,01% chance to get it if you did not spend diamonds.

Double days and set buildings are a recent development. I actually think that the winter event 3rd prize being much more easily attained was a way to get people into the set buildings, so they will really go for it (with diamonds) in this event.

Let me re-iterate; the winter event was different. It was NOT like any other event before it. The odds and chances were NOT like any other event before it