• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

Pauly7

Magus
The interface on the map is not very intuitive. I've currently got a lantern symbol sitting just beyond the first row full of obstacles. When I hover over it it has the lantern text and says rewards:1. It's not clear how I claim this reward. and it's not keen on letting me place a candle in the next row. Anyone made sense of what to do here?
Click on it to collect the lantern... unless the square is still misty, in which case you first have to use a candle on it.

Killiak

Artisan
@Silmaril

I am getting odd quests again, did something go wrong with the update for the Misty Forest?

1603362024867.png

TheBonker

Adventurer
It's already changed. These kind of quests, before the new tournament system came in, would be "solve 16 tournament encounters".
In the last event the maximum was 10 tournament encounters(2.5 provinces). If you look at Autumn Zodiac for example one of the early quests is almost identical.
I understand people have advanced lists so if there are solve 10 provinces then later 8 provinces, 6 provinces etc etc my original statement stands, unless it was the intention to quadruple the event quest difficulty I still feel this needs to change especially as some early game players will not have 4,6,8 or 10(whatever the number)provinces or the goods required to open and cater a lot more provinces.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Hi I have just gained the witches hut but cannot find it in my inventory anywhere
look in all inventory (all pages) under Summonings, it might be on 2nd or 3rd page. I assume you collected it from the bar where is shown your progress. :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
The interface on the map is not very intuitive. I've currently got a lantern symbol sitting just beyond the first row full of obstacles. When I hover over it it has the lantern text and says rewards:1. It's not clear how I claim this reward. and it's not keen on letting me place a candle in the next row. Anyone made sense of what to do here?
Click on any square in that column with a candle. Then you will be able to use a lantern in that column!

Hekata

Artisan
Does the forest reset when the daily changes or does it stay as you left it? I currently have a nice Scull available, with 25% chances for the daily prize, and I'd like to wait until it's a daily I want before collecting it.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team

Remember that if you place your mouse over the candle, etc icons, you will see a small guide in the squares you are going to lit. It might help you out.
Also, remember that if you stumble among an obstacle, it will block the light.

Pauly7

Magus
Does the forest reset when the daily changes or does it stay as you left it? I currently have a nice Scull available, with 25% chances for the daily prize, and I'd like to wait until it's a daily I want before collecting it.
It stays the same @Hekata and scrolls endlessly as you move through.
I'm trying to work out if this ever matters, but just to add - if you don't collect an item, as soon as it scrolls off the left hand side of the page it will auto-collect it and you get a prize.

Hekata

Artisan
I'm trying to work out if this ever matters, but just to add - if you don't collect an item, as soon as it scrolls off the left hand side of the page it will auto-collect it and you get a prize.
I know can't go back, I intend to just do quests now and wait for the daily I want. Most of the "chests" I've encountered so far had extremely low chances to get the daily, this way I have at least 1 guaranteed decent chest to try get what I want :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Announcement from Beta 22nd October:
We have made the following 2 changes around the Misty Forest event:
  • We'll give out more event currency on Live to make the event a bit easier compared to Beta.
  • The Witch Hut will now only grant 3KP on Stage 10.
121802083_10217879749606021_519714016875694288_n.jpg

Gramps

Seeker
Just click on it to claim as long as the fog has been dispersed otherwise use a candle to clear the fog and then claim

Sir Derf

Adept
Anyone in the know want to give a little extra info on what "give out more event currency" might mean?

Increasing Quest rewards? If so, by how much?
Increasing dropped item frequency? Increasing dropped item quantities?
Giving away currency in chests? For free, or by jiggering the chest rewards schedules, or both?

I had pondered on the apparent built-in higher cost per both Daily and Grand Prize outcomes...