• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Misty Forest event

Sir Derf

Adept
The using of pet food is not a good choice for a quest. The using of 2x pet food is a doubly bad choice. Pet food are scarce! And I do have cities where it is impossible to fight and win in Encounters.
And that is why the using of pet food has an alternative.

Now, as to the militantly non-militant players... I'm not sure what to say...

I can see the necessity of providing alternatives for situations where you are forced into a impossible task (End Game players with no researches left, new players who don't have Pets), but situations where the block is your decision.... can you not sometimes have consequences to your decisions?

I prefer only making 3-hour productions during the day, and a 9-hour production overnight. Can I complain that I don't want to make beverages?
I've currently maxed the upgrades on all my existing buildings. Can I complain that I don't want to build a temp building to upgrade to Level 5?
I don't want to play the spire or disenchant items in my inventory. Can I complain that I don't want to make Spell Fragments?
I don't want to craft. Can I complain that I don't want to get Combining Catalyst spells?

Many of the acts asked for to progress in the Events are sub-optimal for non-Event activity. No pain, no gain. Price for doing business.

Gargon667

Mentor
The last year halloween event was real nice, but this one by their rewards, grand prizes and daily prizes is much better than the past one.
Just look at this portrait....
View attachment 5871
...so cool, if I had the luck to stay in gold I definitely will use it.
So far, in my point of viewing, the best event of the year.
Please more events of this style @InnoGames .

I agree, very cool looking, but you don´t need luck to stay in the gold league, you need to spend diamonds :) Should be called the diamond league to be a bit more honest :D

Gargon667

Mentor

Now, as to the militantly non-militant players... I'm not sure what to say...

I can see the necessity of providing alternatives for situations where you are forced into a impossible task (End Game players with no researches left, new players who don't have Pets), but situations where the block is your decision.... can you not sometimes have consequences to your decisions?

I prefer only making 3-hour productions during the day, and a 9-hour production overnight. Can I complain that I don't want to make beverages?
I've currently maxed the upgrades on all my existing buildings. Can I complain that I don't want to build a temp building to upgrade to Level 5?
I don't want to play the spire or disenchant items in my inventory. Can I complain that I don't want to make Spell Fragments?
I don't want to craft. Can I complain that I don't want to get Combining Catalyst spells?

Many of the acts asked for to progress in the Events are sub-optimal for non-Event activity. No pain, no gain. Price for doing business.

I find elvenar extremely inclusive in terms of small players. Many other games put in quests impossible to fulfill for small towns, I suppose as an incentive to grow... Playing events there end when you reach the difficulty level that is too high for you. I can see good and bad in both approaches, but elvenar sure is at the most inclusive end of the spectrum...

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I think you are missing the point, @Sir Derf , the alternative is not doable.

Inno has sometimes listened to requests about undoable quests. This is something that should be put on that list. Both parts of that quest combination in my opinion.
1. Not everybody has blue, green or yellow provinces they can win with fighting.
2. Not everybody has enough pet food, or pets, to do a number of pet feedings in a short space of time.
Are there players that will not be able to do either of the two? Yes, I think so, and therefor this is not a good quest combination.

I have not seen it yet, but if we were to get a quest to either just win or just convince a number of spire encounters, they will also be on my list of undoable quests.

Last edited:

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@BlueBlou don't forget that disenchanting Pet Food counts towards the quest completion as well. That's for those that do not have a pet they can feed. :)

rock stream

Scholar
How do you win the daily exclusive buildings? I'm currently in the Silver League. Gems does not mention how to win them.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@rock stream The Daily Exclusives can be won by finding and clicking on the "Lost Items" along the way. You have the Cats that add to your Grand Prize Total, the Magic Lanterns, and the Lost Items (there are Books, Skulls, an extremely happy looking Pumpkin, and I think some others) :)

Kind Regards

Herodite

Jackluyt

Shaman
This event board is in my humble opinion the biggest mess that InnoGames have ever dreamed up!
I am so glad that I will not have to work with this nightmare for another year - unless they come to their senses and banish it entirely before then. It is entirely random and takes 30 minutes to an hour of boring click-click-click-click where I could use the time better elsewhere - to generate a random bag of unexciting itty-bitty junk that I have absolutely zero control over. It is about as interesting or exciting as counting the grains of sand on the beach.

Many (most?) players prefer the nine rotating chests / hoops to the Shuffleboard and other variants on the event screen - even though the shuffleboard is a lot more user-friendly these days. The chests give one more control over how you plan your spending of event currency - particularly for those not interested in the Grand Prize, who only do the event for ‘filler items’ like Instants and Boosters.

Please game designers - the trash can is the best place to consign this abomination!!

rock stream

Scholar
Thank-you Herodite. I was wondering if I was missing something. I just won a daily on quest #31 :D

Jackluyt

Shaman
This event board is in my humble opinion the biggest mess that InnoGames have ever dreamed up!
I am so glad that I will not have to work with this nightmare for another year - unless they come to their senses and banish it entirely before then. It is entirely random and takes 30 minutes to an hour of boring click-click-click-click where I could use the time better elsewhere - to generate a random bag of unexciting itty-bitty junk that I have absolutely zero control over. It is about as interesting or exciting as counting the grains of sand on the beach. My principal objection to this format, shared by a large number of players in my group, is that it takes forever to spend your event currency, unlike the other formats. This evening it took almost 3/4 hour to blow my event currency in just one city; it would take several hours if you had a number of cities.
:(

Many (most?) players prefer the nine rotating chests / hoops / spheres to the Shuffleboard and other variants on the event screen like Misty Forest - even though the shuffleboard has become a lot more user-friendly these days. The chests give one more control over how you plan your spending of event currency - particularly for those not interested in the Grand Prize, who only do the event for ‘filler items’ like Instants and Boosters.

Please game designers - the trash can is the best place to consign this abomination!!

Last edited:

Vinceret

Seeker
I think you need to rethink this event. So many times people asked you to stop with the buying KP quest after quest, stop with the same quest appearing one after the other, but you never take notice. Now when you brought out the League, You stated that it was not about making money and you could get to gold without spending money, Well I think we all know that is not true ( unless someone has got gold without spending money ? anyone ?.

Now why this event does not work with the league, is you have to wait 4 days as the candles and lamps are cheaper that way. I still have 4 days to go and I still need to find just to catch up. how many will it be in 4 days time do you think. Now what I want to know is how can it be 14 ahead, we are all in the same boat and all have to wait 4 days to buy candles. if you buy the cheaper candles then you would not be that high as you would not get that many candles. So who are you trying to kid. I truly think this even is not worth it. I just don't care about this event or building anymore. Not about you guys making money, Now I do spend money but I am not stupid enough to spend money on an event where the numbers just don't add up and it seems you are controlling those numbers to make more money, as there are people who would chase your numbers and keep spending.

Attachments

• Screenshot (238).jpg
    Screenshot (238).jpg
    958.7 KB · Views: 69

Vinceret

Seeker
I am so glad that I will not have to work with this nightmare for another year - unless they come to their senses and banish it entirely before then. It is entirely random and takes 30 minutes to an hour of boring click-click-click-click where I could use the time better elsewhere - to generate a random bag of unexciting itty-bitty junk that I have absolutely zero control over. It is about as interesting or exciting as counting the grains of sand on the beach. My principal objection to this format, shared by a large number of players in my group, is that it takes forever to spend your event currency, unlike the other formats. This evening it took almost 3/4 hour to blow my event currency in just one city; it would take several hours if you had a number of cities.
:(

Many (most?) players prefer the nine rotating chests / hoops / spheres to the Shuffleboard and other variants on the event screen like Misty Forest - even though the shuffleboard has become a lot more user-friendly these days. The chests give one more control over how you plan your spending of event currency - particularly for those not interested in the Grand Prize, who only do the event for ‘filler items’ like Instants and Boosters.

I totally agree with you, they should ditch this even completely.

Turing

Bard
I think you need to rethink this event. So many times people asked you to stop with the buying KP quest after quest, stop with the same quest appearing one after the other, but you never take notice. Now when you brought out the League, You stated that it was not about making money and you could get to gold without spending money, Well I think we all know that is not true ( unless someone has got gold without spending money ? anyone ?.

Yes at the moment - although I doubt I'll stay there as people catch up on quests. I'm on 199 cats on one city with 275 event points left, and I haven't done all possible quests (only about 5 short I think). Spent nothing; only advantage is a fed ashen phoenix. My other city is silver at 185 but with around 600 points in stock, so could buy another pack if I was interested in the current daily.

I do doubt it's possible to finish in gold without spending (or without a lot of luck hitting the bonus points in the more normal quest format), but it's possible to be there at the moment

Gargon667

Mentor
You stated that it was not about making money and you could get to gold without spending money

Really? Who said that? I never heard it anyway, of course the leagues are about money, very openly so and nothing wrong with that either. I just ignore them...

Sigyn

Spellcaster
Inno has sometimes listened to requests about undoable quests. This is something that should be put on that list. Both parts of that quest combination in my opinion.
1. Not everybody has blue, green or yellow provinces they can win with fighting.
2. Not everybody has enough pet food, or pets, to do a number of pet feedings in a short space of time.
Are there players that will not be able to do either of the two? Yes, I think so, and therefor this is not a good quest combination.
I found myself in the situation where I had no pet food at all and I also had no provinces scouted - at 2 days 4 hours per scout (and only 1 20hr time booster) I was stuck; Inno are basically creating situations where you have no choice but to purchase diamonds and that's not right at all. If your going to have the scouting quests pair them with something obtainable e.g. 2x Warrior masks or something like that. I personally think the use pet food quests should be dropped completely.

FieryArien

Necromancer
There is one thing I struggle to understand: why would I keep depleting my storage of time boosters / AK instants / coins or supply instants / pet food / whatever. Even in real life we tend to keep some stock of important resources (food, money, toilet paper :D ), so why should I take different strategy when playing a city building game? And that’s not even specific to an event - there are times throughout my city growth, when I just need some of my stored resources to avoid being stuck. When such period is over, the stock needs to be rebuilt, if it drops under an acceptable level.

The only phase when stocking up resources is really an issue are the first several chapters. Max till Dwarves. After that it’s purely about player’s choices and preferences. And as such the only problem during the event is when the quest options are both bad for small players. The “fight a province or use pet food” quest is exactly that case and I hope it will never again appear in the future events.

Vinceret

Seeker
Really? Who said that? I never heard it anyway, of course the leagues are about money, very openly so and nothing wrong with that either. I just ignore them...

It was said in a reply to me from a customer support agent, she said anyone can get Gold without spending money

Vinceret

Seeker
Yes at the moment - although I doubt I'll stay there as people catch up on quests. I'm on 199 cats on one city with 275 event points left, and I haven't done all possible quests (only about 5 short I think). Spent nothing; only advantage is a fed ashen phoenix. My other city is silver at 185 but with around 600 points in stock, so could buy another pack if I was interested in the current daily.

I do doubt it's possible to finish in gold without spending (or without a lot of luck hitting the bonus points in the more normal quest format), but it's possible to be there at the moment

Maybe I am just playing it all wrong then, If your on 199 cats then I must be unlucky at finding those cats. I sold my Ashen phoenix by mistake on a FA once and they could not find I ever had one so they could not give it back.

Gargon667

Mentor
It was said in a reply to me from a customer support agent, she said anyone can get Gold without spending money

lol, sometimes support answers are just funny and best ignored. Many of them are just volunteers after all, so let´s not blame them too much ...

But anyway the point is: no public announcement by Inno I have seen has ever claimed anything like that.

Vinceret

Seeker

Do you open up every shadowed space ? or do you skip some like me, ?