• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Misty Forest event

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss The Misty Forest event.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Spellcaster
Played the event on Beta and thought it was a good one. The evolving building is useful, there are worthwhile buildings to chase and it was a nice surprise to see the Regiments of unit instants make a return.

I thought there were too many quests that require buying kp but nothings ever prefect.

Gargon667

Mentor
I enjoyed the mini-game last time, so I am looking forward to that and the evolving building makes troops (and sentient goods) so I think I´ll like it :D

Hekata

Artisan
So far my impression of this event are not particularly good. The mechanics are interesting but just as a once a year kind of thing because it gets tiresome pretty fast and it consumes too much time (my favourite type of event are the bear orbs). But the part I really don't like is that it seems to be even more difficult to get the daily prize than it was last year and last year was really hard. I used up 2 big packages in one city and got just 1 daily (with the last candle!) and I used 3 big packages in my other city and got 0 dailies. Events are not much fun if you can't get the dailies :(
I'm also not fond of the "buy kps" quest that seems to come up more often than any other.

On the plus side:
The re-roll is a nice addition (but useless if we can't get the daily exclusive).
Nice to see the troop instants back in the chests including the really big regiment ones.

Oh and there is some kind of bug lurking in the misty forest: I get this message from time to time. It's not correct as I actually do collect the rewards but it keeps popping up randomly.

Misty forest bug.jpg

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
The last year halloween event was real nice, but this one by their rewards, grand prizes and daily prizes is much better than the past one.
Just look at this portrait....
Captura de Pantalla 2021-10-19 a la(s) 17.15.59.png

...so cool, if I had the luck to stay in gold I definitely will use it.
So far, in my point of viewing, the best event of the year.
Please more events of this style @InnoGames .

Pauly7

Magus
I like the fact that the Misty Forest is something a bit different from opening 3 chests, but I think the execution still needs a lot of work. It seems that a lot of time (and event currency) needs to be poured into winning just one daily prize, which stops being fun very quickly.

The re-roll is a potentially nice feature, but I think it's unlikely people will use it very often because it's so costly to get the first daily prize win anyway.

The grand prize is underwhelming too, so overall I haven't had a particularly positive experience with this.

JollyElf

Soothsayer
Guess the idea of the event is to just enjoy 10 minutes every day, (remember to turn on game music)
And since all prizes are okish, there is no FOMO. Kinda nice to just play along.

And given the frequency of events we get more buildings than we can use in the city. And given that most of us are stalling in chapters, we don’t necessarily need more hybrids, do we? just chill :) I guess.

PS : so, give us compelling reason in forth coming chapters to move on and not stall.
Guess I have to find excuses to periodically post this message irrespective of thread title, so it gets noticed ;p

Last edited:

Giraffi

Enchanter
I like the re-rolling. Means I can get buildings on a non-designated day, like the Moose Bog. Lol, did not aim for two, but they happened one directly after the other.

F95C32E3-0CAB-4121-A4A3-1D8028DB38B0.jpeg

BlueBlou

Illusionist
The using of pet food is not a good choice for a quest. The using of 2x pet food is a doubly bad choice. Pet food are scarce! And I do have cities where it is impossible to fight and win in Encounters.

FieryArien

Necromancer
and you don't have "petfoodable" buildings, this event stops at quest #7...
I’ve heard that you can disenchant Pet food and that action counts against the “use Pet food” quest.

I do agree Pet food is scarce resource, though. And small cities are exactly the group that can have problems winning fights (balance is off early in the game) AND they also generally have the least amount of Pet food. It’s really not good choice of alternatives in this quests.

Turing

Bard
well done team, you managed to sabotage another event : if you don't have troops (because you've chosen the trader way) and you don't have "petfoodable" buildings, this event stops at quest #7...

Don't you have any of the bears or phoenixes appearing in your MA that you could craft to drop a pet food on?
No red panda you could drop temporarily? - we were only given that one a few weeks ago.

Turing

Bard
So far my impression of this event are not particularly good. The mechanics are interesting but just as a once a year kind of thing because it gets tiresome pretty fast and it consumes too much time (my favourite type of event are the bear orbs). But the part I really don't like is that it seems to be even more difficult to get the daily prize than it was last year and last year was really hard. I used up 2 big packages in one city and got just 1 daily (with the last candle!) and I used 3 big packages in my other city and got 0 dailies. Events are not much fun if you can't get the dailies :(
I'm also not fond of the "buy kps" quest that seems to come up more often than any other.

I used 3*420 packs in each of my 2 cities and got 3 dailies on each. And (2 or) 3 dailies from 1200 points sounds similar to a normal event.
BUT, I did feel quite lucky on that - hitting maybe more than one 5%er. The odds of a daily in each chest look similar to most events. What I think might differ is the number of "chests". I was noticing how far I could sometimes go picking up the odd cat, the odd extra light source, but no actual rewards.

Overall I like that it's different. I liked this event last year. But the more I see, the more I feel that actually there is very little strategy. You do have choice how/where to deploy lights, but given the narrow map and obstacles, in practice sensible placement is often constrained to very few choices. And you have no idea what's ahead, so if there's any real choice where to go it's just random anyway. A similar system where you could see ahead, but not afford to visit everything would be interesting.

And the lack of choice of rewards is a downside. With the 3-chest option we can focus on what we want/need. For one 420-pack today I got some rune shards and 2 PoP spells - literally worthless to me. The first couple of "chests" I saw in the penumbra I actually just left behind and didn't even waste a candle on - rune shards again. So the rewards feel quite slight (few "chests" achieved) and often things I don't want. Apart from getting lucky with dailies today I got very little for 2500 points.

On the plus side:
The re-roll is a nice addition (but useless if we can't get the daily exclusive).
This sounds interesting. But... in order to do a re-roll you need to place a moderate amount first. If it's a day where you don't like the special, then you're risking picking up that dud, for a chance at a re-roll to something random - which has only a low-ish chance of being a good one. It seems to me the best strategy is to just save points for a day which has a daily you want, and that using the re-roll is almost always a tactical error. (The exception being the last 2-3 days and using up any final points if you don't like the last specials). So having had just a day with the feature I'm already pretty sure I'll never use it

Which is my overall feeling for the event - variety is good; newness is good. But dig under the surface and I'm not convinved the mechanics really work that well.

Oh and there is some kind of bug lurking in the misty forest: I get this message from time to time. It's not correct as I actually do collect the rewards but it keeps popping up randomly.
I also got this. To add a bit more info for Inno... in my case I clicked and nothing happened. Click again, nothing. Closed event, re-opened it and got this message. It seemed like the first claim request reached the server, but the acknowledgement never got back to the UI, or the server was very slow responding. So a second claim request was sent... which eventually generated this message.

FatehpurSikri

Alchemist
I find this event very confusing. I watched the video, and it didn't help much. Still don't understand how to get the daily prize. Collect 5 cats and you get it? And if you don't have 5 cats at the end of the day, does your total remain for the next day or does it reset to zero?

Turing

Bard
I find this event very confusing. I watched the video, and it didn't help much. Still don't understand how to get the daily prize. Collect 5 cats and you get it? And if you don't have 5 cats at the end of the day, does your total remain for the next day or does it reset to zero?

The daily prize is won at random, sometimes, when collecting the other prizes on the map. (In the browser version) if you hover over one of the reward items, each has several possible rewards and it shows the chance of each. The daily special is always a possibility, usually at quite a low chance (5%-20%). You might have to clear quite a lot of the map to get a daily.

The 5 cats thing lets you change today's prize if you don't like the default one.

FatehpurSikri

Alchemist
Turing, thanks for taking the time to reply. I don't see prizes on the map (I play on the browser), only obstacles. If I hover over today's daily prize (Mausoleum Wedding), it says to hover over Lost Items for a chance to win it. I don't see anything that says Lost Items on the map.