• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Misty Forest event

Turing

Bard
Do you open up every shadowed space ? or do you skip some like me, ?

I skip some. Well, more like "lots" sometimes. I aim to uncover as much as possible with as little light, and I usually find myself just going forwards and ignoring anything to the sides. And when I say "uncover" I mean so that it's penumbra and you can see if there's anything in it, not that it's lit

Stucon

Illusionist
Of course you can be gold without sending money.
If no one spends anything, then all of the top players would be gold without spending a penny, cent, ruble (insert currency here).
It ain't gonna happen but it is possible.
:)

Julian

Sorcerer
I have two cities, one in Orcs and the other in the final Chapter. I've spent equal effort on both during this event. The orc city has just reached the locked quests (Quest 65). The bigger city is back on Quest 56. So, it looks reasonably balanced between mid-chapter and end-chapter cities, with a slight advantage to mid-chapter ones. I wouldn't like to extrapolate that experience to smaller cities.

Julian

Sorcerer
Saying that, my big city has now hit a requirement for 20 relics. That would take about a week of scouting, if using provinces. So, I'm just going to have to sit tight until the tournament comes around.

Gargon667

Mentor
Saying that, my big city has now hit a requirement for 20 relics. That would take about a week of scouting, if using provinces. So, I'm just going to have to sit tight until the tournament comes around.

Yes there are lots of those... but the tourney starts tomorrow then you can easily do all those quests one after another...

Ruprecht

Adventurer
Any reason you don't craft 5 packs? I've almost always got them available in the MA. Cheap way to make 10-15 in a day, plus a few more from help chests.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Lucky me did not go to the game when tourney ended and the 20 relics were all filled in when I did go there the next day. :)

Pauly7

Magus
I skip some. Well, more like "lots" sometimes. I aim to uncover as much as possible with as little light, and I usually find myself just going forwards and ignoring anything to the sides. And when I say "uncover" I mean so that it's penumbra and you can see if there's anything in it, not that it's lit
That's the best strategy. It is never a good idea to go back and look for areas that you have missed. Those areas are no more worthwhile than the concealed areas you are yet to get to. Therefore, as you say, always do whatever uncovers the most squares and always move forwards. Just carve a channel through the middle, preferably.

Pauly7

Magus
This event board is in my humble opinion the biggest mess that InnoGames have ever dreamed up!
I am so glad that I will not have to work with this nightmare for another year - unless they come to their senses and banish it entirely before then. It is entirely random and takes 30 minutes to an hour of boring click-click-click-click where I could use the time better elsewhere - to generate a random bag of unexciting itty-bitty junk that I have absolutely zero control over. It is about as interesting or exciting as counting the grains of sand on the beach. My principal objection to this format, shared by a large number of players in my group, is that it takes forever to spend your event currency, unlike the other formats. This evening it took almost 3/4 hour to blow my event currency in just one city; it would take several hours if you had a number of cities.
:(

Many (most?) players prefer the nine rotating chests / hoops / spheres to the Shuffleboard and other variants on the event screen like Misty Forest - even though the shuffleboard has become a lot more user-friendly these days. The chests give one more control over how you plan your spending of event currency - particularly for those not interested in the Grand Prize, who only do the event for ‘filler items’ like Instants and Boosters.

Please game designers - the trash can is the best place to consign this abomination!!
Jack, you surprise me, for someone that usually tries to give a balanced analysis and give the game developers the benefit of the doubt and be positive, even when others wouldn't.

You've banged this same drum on Beta too, but I don't understand it at all. All I would say is - it needs works. It seems to me that the chances for daily prizes are too limited, for those that want them, so they should be a bit more straightforward to get. So, some programming to work out, much like they did with the shuffleboard.

Other than this, though, it is one of the best efforts Inno has made to try to create something different. Even if it is not to your personal taste, surely you can understand that having a different type of event is really important to make things more interesting. You'd rather just have the same 3 chest opening system that they have been doing every event for the last 5 years. Now that is mind numbing!

In summary, I don't hate any of the 3 event styles and I welcome any other new things too that keep things fresh.

OldHag

Necromancer
I, for one, really like this event.....going after cats rather then the dailies, which I'm not overly impressed with, but I enjoy skipping through the forest theme one candle at a time :)
I do have one question though, is it just me or have the number of event currency items that appear around our cities been decreased. They seem to be less frequent then in past events.

Gargon667

Mentor
I, for one, really like this event.....going after cats rather then the dailies, which I'm not overly impressed with, but I enjoy skipping through the forest theme one candle at a time :)
I do have one question though, is it just me or have the number of event currency items that appear around our cities been decreased. They seem to be less frequent then in past events.

I mostly ignore the dailies and I don´t even bother to uncover most of the things hidden in the mist, unless it is one where I am guaranteed to get troop instants (or other desirable items). I skip all the ones that offer KP/KP instants/runes/similar junk. Well of course I click them if I uncover them by accident, but I won´t waste a candle on them if they are still covered in fog.

I can´t say that the city pick-ups have decreased (or changed in any way), seems to be the same old 1 click per hour (max 6) as always, also same chance to pick up doubles/triples as always.

OldHag

Necromancer
I mostly ignore the dailies and I don´t even bother to uncover most of the things hidden in the mist, unless it is one where I am guaranteed to get troop instants (or other desirable items). I skip all the ones that offer KP/KP instants/runes/similar junk. Well of course I click them if I uncover them by accident, but I won´t waste a candle on them if they are still covered in fog.

I can´t say that the city pick-ups have decreased (or changed in any way), seems to be the same old 1 click per hour (max 6) as always, also same chance to pick up doubles/triples as always.

I totally ignore the dailies on this one, unless they are cleared of fog as I make my way through the forest. I do spend a candle to get a free candle, why not, hey....hehe....and of course I will click on any of the other ingredients that might appear along my way, such as flasks and lanterns, other then that, it's all about the cats. :)